Clear All
  • BobZag
    Dark Lord of the Zag
    • Jan 2007

OT: SDSU at Monson's LBSU

Pretty close.

Aztecs by 7 with over 6:30 to go.

Mods, move this after game is done.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."
  • MickMick
    Zag for Life
    • Apr 2007

You can watch Leon Rice's team here.

Right now.

Beautiful, empty, arena.
    I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• RockandRollJames
      Kennel Club
      • Feb 2010

What we can take away from their game:

1. They lack depth. Only 6 guys scored and only 7 guys played double-digit minutes.

2. They weren't able to handle a not very good team.

3. They have some guys who can shoot the 3 ball. DJ Gay and James Rahon went 4-5 and 4-7 respectively. We traditionally aren't good at defending the 3, so this could hurt us.

Comment

• drnoe
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

I attended the game. Leonard didn't have a particularly good game (missed several easy shots), but he was a hoover on the boards and played good defense. Rahon (transfer from SCU) is a great addition for the Aztecs... he hit some clutch 3s and gives the Aztecs what they really lacked last season. Long Beach is a very competitive team... no slouch. If the Aztecs play similar defense against the Zags, it will be a long night for them. Leonard will definitely get his points and rebounds on Tuesday, but a lack of depth will hurt the Aztecs. Gray should have a field day against that defense. The Zags better be up for hitting the boards, because the Aztecs really pound the boards. Should be a fun game to watch. The Leonard-Harris matchup will be one of the best of the season... they are by far the two best forwards on the west coast.

Comment

• Section 116
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

I know we still have IUPUI in front of us but I stumbled across this very informative article regarding San Diego St. while surfing around:

Comment

• RenoZag
            Super Moderator
            • Feb 2007

From the linked article above:

One opposing coach described the Aztecs this way: “They are Noah’s Ark. They’ve got two of everything.”

And they do. The second unit — LaBradford Franklin, James Rahon, Tim Shelton, Mehdi Cheriet and Brian Carlwell — could probably finish in the upper half of the MWC by itself. It’s that talented, that experienced.

But you can play with only five at a time in basketball, and how effectively Fisher utilizes his embarrassment of riches could determine whether this is a great or merely very good team. To that end, look for the Aztecs to push and press more, making it a 94-foot instead of a 47-foot game.
            The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• rijman
              Zag for Life
              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Section 116 View Post
              I know we still have IUPUI in front of us but I stumbled across this very informative article regarding San Diego St. while surfing around:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...-expectations/
              From the article, Joe Lunardi has the Aztecs projected as a 6th seed in the NCAA tourney and I believe he has the Zags projected as a 3 seed and winning it all. San Diego State should be very good this year, but based on Lunardi's projections we are better. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
              It's not the size of the Bulldog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the Bulldog!

GO ZAGS!!!

Comment

• SteveAztec
                Bulldog Fan
                • Jul 2010

Here is some highlights from the Long Beach State game via LBSU...

On the comments above, don't be fooled by one game. One of the major strengths of the Aztecs this year is our depth. Very deep and the deepest in Aztec History.

And these same 5 starters played very good defense last year.

I can't wait for Tuesday night. It should be a barn burner.

Comment

Working...
                X