PDA

View Full Version : Ira at PG?

MickMick
05-26-2007, 11:25 AM
Some discussions have already covered that the Zags are thin at PG. With the position, my biggest concern is with turnovers. Perhaps Ira is capable of bringing the ball upcourt against a press, but how he passes the ball is of importance to me.

If he does have handles, the overall picture is now making some sense to me. There really wasn't any other option than to give PMAC's scholarship to a player that could fill in that role (somewhat). And Ira looks to be a heck of an athelete. I am thinking that Few had visions of an Errol Knight type athelete and couldn't pass on the guy.

I can envision a fastbreak with Pargo and Ira leading the way, and it looks absolutley scary to me. Both are strong. It would be like two NFL safteys covering a punt, with the defender taking the role of the punt returner (I am talking saucer sized eyes here). I can't wait to see Ira jump over the top of some people.

Nevtelen
05-26-2007, 12:03 PM
I'm not sure we'll see Ira leading the break, but hopefully he'll be involved. I have no doubt that guy can finish in traffic. With an exclamation. We had some great fast-breaks this past season: Raivio-Pargo-Pendo three-way hand offs etc. Ira could fit in well in a situation like that - Pargo to Pendo, drop off to a streaking Ira for the dunk over some screaming, hapless defenders... :D

MBZags
05-26-2007, 02:11 PM
I think someone asked him on Myspace about his role, and he said Few wanted him to be a wing.

BobZag
05-26-2007, 04:34 PM
Won't ever be a PG. He can bring the ball up to help break any pressure defense but not run the show like a PG. He'll do nicely on fastbreaks.

tom o dachi
05-26-2007, 10:55 PM
We need to slow down with such high expectation from Ira. Yes, he is a very promising and gifted athlete, but can we really say that he will be an instant upgrade to Pmac? I've seen that one clip of him dunking, however, do we all remember Pmac's high school clip?

roxdoc
05-27-2007, 01:07 PM
Good grief - Ira is never been considered a PMac replacement!:confused:

MickMick
05-27-2007, 01:50 PM
Just testing the waters. I heard mention he had handles and wanted to see how far I could take it :)

Zag79
05-27-2007, 10:25 PM
you would be hard pressed to see ira at point. BZ hit it on the head abuot breaking the press, etc but leave the running of the team at the guard to matt and jeremy please.