• AzZag
    Kennel Club
    • Jun 2008

Would you sit Elias against Southern?

We have enough firepower right? Right?
  • Nevtelen
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Yeah, but as stated elsewhere he needs to get into the rhythm of the game with the team. You can't just drop him into the SDSU game and expect him to mesh with everyone on the floor and be comfortable with them out there. I'd be a little careful with him - maybe only give him 15-20 mins - but I think he should go.

Comment

• DZ
      Zag for Life
      • Sep 2007

Plus 1. If he is going full speed in practice, 15 minutes sounds perfect.
      Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
      Mark Twain.

Comment

• willandi
        Zag for Life
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by nevtelen View Post
        yeah, but as stated elsewhere he needs to get into the rhythm of the game with the team. You can't just drop him into the sdsu game and expect him to mesh with everyone on the floor and be comfortable with them out there. I'd be a little careful with him - maybe only give him 15-20 mins - but i think he should go.

+1000
        Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• gamagin
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

I disagree elias needs

more p.t., sharpness, etc. and therefore should play. He played all summer, unlike most of the others. he played all last year with all but one of the expected starters, too.

He should play if there is no reason due to the shoulder injury that he should sit out. That said, I've always felt there are more injuries vs. a crappy team than a good one.

Some oversized or out of shape or tired or slower lesser, less gifted or less coordinated athlete is more likely to try and kill someone because he's getting beat than generally occurs in a game between equals.

that possibility has me more concerned than anything. I can't think of a worse thing happening early due to the opportunity EH presents to some guy who is trying to stop him but hasn't the skills.

That can be dangerous, not worth the risk, if he is anything short of 100 %, imo.
          Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
          Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
          Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• Baldwinzag
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

As much hype as Harris has received lately, I'm curious if Southern will sit against Elias?

“You’ve got to hit the Zag standard.”

And if it happens, those rites of Autumn become the rites of Spring.

Comment

• SunDevilGolfZag
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Few will do whatever is right

Comment

• Mantua
                Zag for Life
                • Mar 2007

We don't know about the extent of his injury, but I would absolutely sit him out.
                Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

• CDC84
                  Super Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

There is a difference between not playing him because he's too hurt to play, and not playing him out of fear that he might reinjure the shoulder against a 300+ RPI opponent. If it's the former, he should probably sit. If it's the latter, he needs to play Friday because he didn't play in the Texas scrimmage and he didn't play in the recent exhibition game. He needs to shake off the rust because SDSU is coming to K2 on Tuesday night. The Zags desperately need to win that game. GU only gets so many chances to play a top 25 team at K2. That shoulder is not going to heal much more between Friday and Tuesday. if GU wasn't playing a SDSU type opponent for the next 2 weeks, I might think otherwise.

Comment

• RenoZag
                    Super Moderator
                    • Feb 2007

If he's physically able, I would prefer he knock off "the rust" sooner rather than later.

Zags have dealt with the injury bug before they may have to deal with it again this year. It sucks to consider the possibility of EH playing a reduced role due to a bum shoulder but I would rather see him at 100% later in the season than to have him at 60-70% the entire year.

I trust the staff ( and EH ) will view his recovery with the entire season in mind, not just the first ten or 12 games.

$0.02
                    The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• rijman
                      Zag for Life
                      • Nov 2009

From his most recent show I thought Few said Harris was ready to go and could have played against S. Oregon if they needed him. Based on what I remember Few saying I would expect Harris to play against Southern. It would be nice to see Harris get 15-20 minutes if he's up to it.
                      It's not the size of the Bulldog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the Bulldog!

GO ZAGS!!!

Comment

• gamagin
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

put in your best when it really matters

to wit:

We offer reviews and information for the best betting sites online, that the players who love betting can wish for!
                        Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
                        Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
                        Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• DenDiegoZag
                          Kennel Club
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by gamagin View Post
                          more p.t., sharpness, etc. and therefore should play. He played all summer, unlike most of the others. he played all last year with all but one of the expected starters, too.

He should play if there is no reason due to the shoulder injury that he should sit out.
                          That can be dangerous, not worth the risk, if he is anything short of 100 %, imo.
                          Agreed with everyone in the thread saying he should sit if not 100%. I disagree with the assertion that games he played this summer are sufficient to make him ready to play with this team. There is a difference between being in game shape and being adjusted to playing with a specific group of guys. Just ask some of the not so successful U.S. National teams that were slapped together at the last minute. Having a game to gel with his teammates would be critical in helping the Zags put their best foot forward against the Aztecs.
                          If healthy, he needs to play in a game.

Go Zags!
                          Rolling down the street...with my mind on my Foo and my Foo on my mind...

Comment

• MickMick
                            Zag for Life
                            • Apr 2007

Elias needs to get his team accustomed to his presence for the game against SDSU.

I think it is extremely important that he plays.
                            I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                              • Feb 2007

IMHO... he will play... perhaps no more than 20 minutes or so, but he will play.

No information informing this position, just think that he needs to get into a real game before SDSU next week.
                              "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

Working...
                              X