• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wazZag
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Feb 2007

Osweiler back to the Court?

Edit to add: Link found via Meehan's twitter.
    FOO!
  • MickMick
    Zag for Life
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by wazZag View Post
    http://www.nbcmontana.com/sports/25690294/detail.html

Edit to add: Link found via Meehan's twitter.
    Heck yea!

Glad to see it. He probably really misses the game.

I have a friend whose daughter is on a D1 scholarship for volleyball. He says she is really missing hoops right now. When the season starts and you are not in the game anymore, that is when you suddenly realize how much you loved playing it.

I hope Brock does well.

On another note.....wasn't GU talking with ASU about some scheduling at one time last year? What ever became of that?
    I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• JosephZags
      Kennel Club Material
      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by MickMick View Post
      Heck yea!

Glad to see it. He probably really misses the game.

I have a friend whose daughter is on a D1 scholarship for volleyball. He says she is really missing hoops right now. When the season starts and you are not in the game anymore, that is when you suddenly realize how much you loved playing it.

I hope Brock does well.

On another note.....wasn't GU talking with ASU about some scheduling at one time last year? What ever became of that?
      The game was scheduled at one point at Staples Center in LA, but for one reason or another it got cancelled.

Comment

• MickMick
        Zag for Life
        • Apr 2007

Can anyone enlighten me on how Brock's scholarship situation is handled?

Does he count for two?
        I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• CB4
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MickMick View Post
          Can anyone enlighten me on how Brock's scholarship situation is handled?

Does he count for two?
          No just one. His scholarship could be split between basketball and football though, which would open another half scholarship on the football team.

Comment

• ZagAddict
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

As an ASU football fan I was even disappointed when DE signed Osweiler and felt there was little chance he would end up as the starting QB at ASU. I thought that Herb Sendek probably got the best part of the recruiting deal because eventually he would end up playing basketball. Just an overall disappointing thing to watch as a Zag fan... hope Brock is enjoying his experience as a Sun Devil. Still wish he would have made the choice to be a Zag...

Comment

• BobZag
              Dark Lord of the Zag
              • Jan 2007

The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• NorthoftheBorder
                Kennel Club Material
                • Feb 2007

It is my understanding that if a person plays both football and basektball that their scholarship only counts against the football team's limit.

The NCAA lists sports in order of priority and if a person plays more than one sport then their scholarship is only counted against the higher ranked of the two sports. For example, if a person is on both the basketball and the golf team, his scholarship only counts against the limit for the baskteball team. This prevents schools from having extra scholarship athletes on high profile sports (ie football or basketball) by also having them play another lower profile sport.

Comment

Working...
                X