PDA

View Full Version : So what are the options?

spudzag
05-24-2007, 07:53 PM
As a few PGs make comments it seems like time to think about what options seem reasonable or likely. Recapping what's been tossed around lately and shows up on Rivals and Scout the field looks something like this (roughly in skill level);

Rotnei Clarke
Grant Gibbs
Jordan Theodore
Patrick McCollum
Darian Norris
Reggie Moore
Reggie Chambers
Shawn Stockton
Jesse Carr
Demetri Goodson
Oliver McNally

Hard to tell what news to believe at times, but it is reported that Clarke and Theodore have been offered. Do we know this for sure? Gibbs is reported by Scout, not the greatest source, as recently as May 16th that he is hearing from Gonzaga. Based on th eother programs giving his serious attention he would seem within rach. Do we know anything more. Beyond those 3 are any of the others getting serious attention from us?

If not does Tinsley slide back into the picture as a combo guard?

MickMick
05-24-2007, 09:19 PM
Based on Azzagfan's observations at the Cactus Classic, I am slightly down on Theodore.

I'm gonna have to go with Rotnei Clarke. His scoring prowess is legendary in Oklahoma. Certainly he isn't a super atheletic stud. But he may become the best "catch n shoot" player since JJ Reddik. I do question his ability to penetrate. I don't know about his passing. I can't tell you how his game will translate to the Div 1 level. But he did hit 94 out of a 100 threes for the Arkansas coach. Surround him with super atheletes and let him do what he does best.

spudzag
05-25-2007, 07:32 AM
Do we know anything about Grant Gibbs? The kid appears to be pretty highly rated and without the ususal suiters.

BBskorer
05-25-2007, 03:06 PM
here's an article (http://www.press-citizen.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070525/HAWKS0102/705250317/1056/hawks0102) of interest about Gibbs

RebornZag
05-25-2007, 03:50 PM
Gibbs is currently rated the 14th best point guard in the Nation. He does seem to like Gonzaga. He's one of the hottest PG right now. I'd say the 3 hottest point guards right now are Clarke, Walker (who was MVP of the Cactus Tournament in Arizona and played on the same NY Gauchos team as J. Theodore), and Gibbs. Scout.com has quite a bit on him. Just go to google and go to Scout.com and go to the college basketball page. It's a treat.

I wonder if GU is showing interest in Kimba Walker. I'd love to hear more about him. Azzagfan did a nice piece on him (thanks again). He seems to be better than Theodore. He's from NY so I would imaging it would be quite hard to get him, but then again Theodore is from New Jersey, I think. I'd put Walker on that list and go after him. It couldn't hurt. I'd also put Tinsley back on that list. I am still a believer in Tinsley. I think the guys a winner.

BobZag
05-25-2007, 04:20 PM
"I was a Gonzaga fan growing up," Gibbs said. "They haven't offered me a scholarship. We've sent them some tape, so we'll just see what happens."

Clarke and Gibbs have really emerged this spring. Theodore, for whatever reason, has had a spring that has seen his stock plummet.

MickMick
05-25-2007, 05:57 PM
Huddleson think that Gibbs ultimately will pick a school close to home instead of signing with a school like Gonzaga.

"I don't see him going that far," Huddleson said.

Gibbs did say he was a Gonzaga fan growing up. If Few wanted to, could he sew this guy up? Just how persuasive is he?