PDA

View Full Version : Zags support Andy Poling

Psychozag
11-03-2010, 08:31 AM
Last night was EWU's exhibition game against SPU. My wife is an SPU grad, so we sat behind their bench, and if front of us were Rob Sacre, Steven Gray, Manny Arop, and Mike Hart. They were joined a little later by David Pendergraft and Andrew Sorenson. The loudest one in the whole building was Rob who stood and cheered every time Andy made a bucket (he had 18 points). To be fair, it wasn't hard to be the loudest one because EWU was down 17 at one point behind the spectactular play of O'dea's Chris Banchero who had 38 points, 9 assists. Ken Bone was also there to see his past Division II team beat a Division I team (although EWU didn't have 2 of their starters playing). I thought it was really cool that some current Zags made the trip to Cheney to support an old teammate.

And if anyone wants to see Andy play, looking through the media guide, I saw that on 1-26, an SPU vs WWU game is going to be on FSNorthwest.

roxdoc
11-03-2010, 08:38 AM
Having that groupin front of youstanding and cheering - LOL did they block out the sun? Once a Zag always a Zag - Classy group of guys!

Ezag
11-03-2010, 09:05 AM
Yup class all the way

webspinnre
11-03-2010, 09:31 AM
That's fantastic. Yet another reason to love our Zags. Good job for Andy as well. Hope he finds happiness at SPU.

Baldwinzag
11-03-2010, 09:39 AM
Awesome. Thanks for sharing---

As the old adage goes:

"Once a Zag, always a Zag."

thespywhozaggedme
11-03-2010, 10:08 AM
Good for Andy, goos for the guys supporting him.

On a side note, I heard Banchero is getting serious looks for the Filipino national team. My wife's Filipino, so I'm required to know these things. :-)

With an inside/outside of Banchero and Poling, SPU is gonna be very good this year.

BobZag
11-03-2010, 10:24 AM
I hope SPU goes all the way and wins the national championship. This was such a smart move by Andy. I'll be pulling for them.

maynard g krebs
11-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Banchero is a terrific basketball player, in the mold of guys like Stepp and Dickau in terms of his bb iq. Saw a few of his games at Odea, incl. one of their state championships, and the kid always made the right play and seemed to hit big shots.

SPU games will be well worth the 7 bucks or whatever it is for basketball junkies in Seattle.

Last time SPU had a D1 transfer in a major role (Donte Quinine of UO) they made the D2 final 4.

NotoriousZ
11-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Miss ya, Andy, good luck!

EuroZag2010
11-03-2010, 08:57 PM
When the eagles come to the MAC it won't be pretty for them ... Yikes

MDABE80
11-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Among the nicest things our kids could do. I bet it made Andy smile big to know his friends are still his friends....sort of like he's still their teammate. Shows lots of class for the players to do that. Are these Zag players incredible or what!!

ronh_pm
11-04-2010, 12:08 PM
Seattle Pacific plays the school I shoot for on Feb.24 2011...I'll be taking lots of shots and cheering for him.

Though I will be hoping for our team, the Simon Fraser University, being a first year NCAA member, I don't give them much of a chance against Polings #7 ranked Falcons.

GoZags
11-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Seattle Pacific University is less than 3 miles from my house. Thus, I believe I'll continue the tradition of Zags supporting Andy and will check out a few of his games. Doubt I'll be quite as boisterous or demonstrative as Rob, however.
-----------------
Disclaimer: To any Internet Stalker who may (i.e. will most likely) misinterpret what I've written here.

The above post is in no way intended to diminish any of our brethren WCC Conference Members.

Bogozags
11-05-2010, 06:31 AM
Good for Andy, goos for the guys supporting him.

On a side note, I heard Banchero is getting serious looks for the Filipino national team. My wife's Filipino, so I'm required to know these things. :-)

With an inside/outside of Banchero and Poling, SPU is gonna be very good this year.

I'm guessing that Banchero shoots the "Long Tom" very well!