PDA

View Full Version : Raw interviews from practice

TLKREM2
11-01-2010, 08:31 PM
As you know, Gonzaga plays an exhibition game on Friday. I can't tell you how excited I am that the basketball season is back.

Game week means the return of uncut interviews on KREM.com. We talked to Robert Sacre, Steven Gray, Sam Dower, and Mark Few at practice today. Here's a link to the goods:

http://www.krem.com/video?st=1&sec=550272

We'll be posting raw interviews (including postgame interviews after home games) all season long!

Tim Lewis
KREM 2 Sports Director
Twitter | @TLKREM2 (http://twitter.com/TLKREM2)
Facebook | Tim Lewis Page (http://facebook.com/timlewissports)
http://www.krem.com/sports/gonzaga-bulldogs

ZagNative
11-01-2010, 08:44 PM
Yippie! Glad to have you and KREM back on the property!

Radbooks
11-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Thanks so much, Tim, these are great!!

gamagin
11-01-2010, 09:05 PM
couple of scoops here, among others:

Few & gray on KREM raw video

Question to Few: Has steven moved into that senior guard leadership role. How's that coming ?
MF: You know, He's been okay with it. He's gotta give us more. He really does. He's got a lotta things going on with his life and we need him. He likes to spread himself thin, but we're hoping we get him exclusively, in basketball and in school. His team needs him. No doubt about that.

Gray, on another clip, re his role:
SG: "This is a group, young group, mentally and age wise. I think we all get along. we hang out more together than in years past. We get this group together and hang out and put in work. very tight bond this year. We put in the basic stuff, workouts and weight room stuff.. we're working on the foundation for this year's team. trying to get everyone on the same page and up to speed. 2 weeks of basics.

Q:expectations ?
SG: It's going to be we have to learn very quickly coming in as a ranked team. this group is going to have to figure things out faster than last year. it'll depend on what it takes to learn and be successful. what it takes to win will be the challenge.

Q: added pressure on you & the team ?
SG: i think so. we came in unranked last year. we had a chip on ours shoulders, and it gave us something to prove. This year the tendency is to go out and defend that (ranking), vs coming in and playing. if we can develop the same mentality as last year we'll be fine.

Q:re your leadership role.
SG: It's been interesting, getting this young group to figure things out, even communications ( smiling) -- a couple english isn't their first language -- been a new sorta task for me to try and figure out how to communicate and understand what's going on. quite the task (grinnling). it's fun. it's a lot of fun. I enjoy these guys alot and that makes it really easy.

BilboZaggins
11-01-2010, 09:10 PM
Thanks. Love the raw interviews.

ZagNative
11-01-2010, 09:24 PM
Sam's first KREM 2 interview. Good job, Sam! Can't wait to see you play in real competition!

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_UkLNCxT74w4/TM-RpSX66ZI/AAAAAAABMTo/IHOFxX286_0/2010-11-01%20Sam%20Dower%20first%20interview.jpg

gamagin
11-01-2010, 09:28 PM
good interview, too.

GonzagaLove
11-01-2010, 09:46 PM
Pretty clear Mark Few's biggest question mark so far is Steven Gray. Few wants him to step up and lead this team, but it sounds like he isn't answering the call.

I see some real similarities between Steven Gray and Ricky Williams. Both soft spoken, nice guys and great athletes, but they will wilt away if too much pressure is applied. If our team has some early success and can have some fun this year, Steven will fill his role nicely. However, if the season turns into a grind, I don't see Steven carrying the team like a Pendo would. Fortunately, Steven doesn't need to be the only leader. Rob, Harris, Meech and KO will all help him out. Seems to be good chemistry with this bunch, and that is the best thing for a guy like Steven.

Go ZAGS!

WeSayZed
11-01-2010, 09:54 PM
Gray is very photogenic. I could easily see him on the big or small screen someday. Someone needs to tell him that the deeper the Zags go in the tournament the more national publicity he’ll get, and that name recognition will open doors for him in the acting world.

abarefootboy
11-01-2010, 11:54 PM
KREM raw interviews .. ?

gratitude

ZagsGoZags
11-02-2010, 01:12 AM
Thanks Tim
can't tell you how great it is to hear these interviews

can you raise the sound level on the questions a little?
we can hear the players great, but rarely the questions

keep up the good work

zaguarxj
11-02-2010, 09:42 AM
Thank you krem! Love the raw interviews.

Reborn
11-02-2010, 04:20 PM
The players are definitely more postive than the coach. Im glad to see this. I really enjoyed the interviews with the players. This team seem to be tight, getting a long together on and off the court. This is great to hear....a part of team chemistry.

Ikancagin
11-03-2010, 05:19 PM
I am not worried about Steven at all. He has always done what was needed of him. This year the role for him is a little different, but he has always risen to the expectations of the staff. Lets just sit back and enjoy it.

zagfan24
11-03-2010, 06:24 PM
It's easy to take for granted how consistently informative and well done these interviews are...thanks a bunch Tim and great job as always.