X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ID ZAGFAN
    • Apr 2024

Austin Daye 2010-2011

Thought a thread for AUstin would be good.

I watched two different Pistons games this week, alternating between them and the Knicks. Austin had some good minutes in both games.

(I am still on pain meds, so my analysis is a little sparse.)

People might be able to get on the preview for the last two days (no games today). Preview goes until 11/2.

ZaGranny
  • ridgebackzag
    Kennel Club
    • Jan 2009

Pistons vs Celtics - 11/2

Best game through 4 for him tonight, minus some foul trouble. I wasn't able to watch the game, but took a look at his stats and was happily surprised to see him be on some team leaderboards for the night.

Highlights for Austin
    • 2nd in points (1st got 17) with 16 and 50% from the field
    • 27 minutes (5 fouls)
    • 6 boards (4 offensive)

I know he's not a darling on these message boards due to his perceived personality, but the success of any zag is great for Gonzaga. Keep it up Austin!

Comment

• willandi
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2007

But a -13!! Both he and Villenueva. The two leading scorers. They must be why the Pistons lost. Too many points.What a worthless statistic.
      Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• northsidezagfan
        Zag for Life
        • Mar 2009

Box score for the Portland Trail Blazers vs. Detroit Pistons NBA game from November 9, 2010 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.

Good game for Austin.... 4-5 shooting 3-3 3pt 4-4 ft for 15 points and 8 boards

Comment

• webspinnre
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by willandi View Post
          But a -13!! Both he and Villenueva. The two leading scorers. They must be why the Pistons lost. Too many points.What a worthless statistic.
          Indeed. Kind of like RBI, except even less useful.
          I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• FuManShoes
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by northsidezagfan View Post
            http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=301109022

Good game for Austin.... 4-5 shooting 3-3 3pt 4-4 ft for 15 points and 8 boards
            I watched most of this game, until it got really ugly, and Austin looked pretty good. His defense has got to improve but he seems very confident with the ball in his hands. He is one skinny dude compared to the guys he's playing with and against but seems to still be able to get position and grab boards an disrupt passes. I think he could stand to be more aggressive on the block. His teammates could also do a better job finding him, as he is one of their better perimeter shooters.
            “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few

Comment

• ZagNative
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by FuManShoes View Post
              His teammates could also do a better job finding him, as he is one of their better perimeter shooters.
              Interesting tidbit from FREEP.com about Monday's game against Golden State:
              SWEET STROKE: Austin Daye extended his triple streak to 10 in a row before a miss in the third quarter. It's tied for the third longest streak in NBA history. He finished with 14 points on 5-for-7 shooting.

Read more: Notes and quotes from Monday's Pistons game | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com/article/2010111...#ixzz15U5Flfni
              Nice stat line in the 101-97 loss.

Comment

• ZagNative
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

From mlive.com today:
                Austin Daye among Pistons' surpises as NBA season nears month mark
                Published: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 9:00 AM

Austin Daye is averaging 9.7 points and 4.4 rebounds for the Detroit Pistons.

Predictions would be easier to make if they didn’t have to be done ahead of time.

It is less than a month into the NBA season, but it already seems like a good time to review some preseason thoughts on the Detroit Pistons.

A month ago, I wrote about five things we know as the preseason nears its end. Maybe it should have been five things we think we know.

Whatever. Let’s take a look back at those five points.

1. Austin Daye ready for prime time

So far, it has been a mixed bag for Daye.

The slender second-year player has been forced to play out of position at power forward and has sat out a few games when coach John Kuester instead went with Jason Maxiell.

Daye has been spectacular at times and invisible at others. He is averaging 9.7 points and 4.4 rebounds and has made more than half of his 3-point attempts.

This season will be up and down for Daye, but he appears to be on track to be a starter -- and a key contributor -- at small forward next season.
                The Pistons are ranked fourth in the NBA in 3-point shooting percentage at 40.1 percent. Just as important, Pistons’ opponents are shooting just 30 percent on 3-pointers. The Pistons rank second in that category.

Three Pistons with more than 25 3-point attempts are shooting better than 40 percent from long range: Daye (15-for-29), Ben Gordon (17-for-34) and Charlie Villanueva (29-for-70).

Comment

• ZagNative
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

The Pistons wish you a Merry Christmas, with Austin rockin' him some Santa Claus is Comin' to Town!.

Comment

• stretchlimo
                    Kennel Club
                    • Nov 2008

After 8 straight contests with no points (5 DNPs and only 14 minutes total in the other 3), Austin did well with the PT he got in Detroit's three most recent games, including 12 points in just 12 minutes in an upset win over Boston last week.

Comment

Austin Daye 01/08/10

Austin had a great game tonight. He was mentioned three times in the NBA gametime summary, so I looked up his stats.

Pretty good!

ZaGranny

Comment

• stretchlimo
                        Kennel Club
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by ID ZAGFAN View Post
                        Austin had a great game tonight.
                        Great game, indeed! With 5.8 seconds left and Detroit down 99-96......

After Lou Williams missed two free throws, Daye swishes the huge three to send the game into OT. The Pistons would end up winning the game. Damn, this kid ...

Austin then opened the OT with another bomb, and later added the above throwdown.

Game recap from freep.com:

Austin Daye has started, Austin Daye has sat, and Austin Daye has struggled to find a role since losing the starting power forward spot.

Saturday night at the Palace he found a new role: clutch shooter.

Daye, a threat from three-point range as soon as he crosses half-court, drained a triple with 3.5 seconds left to send the game against Philadelphia into overtime after Lou Williams missed two free throws.

Daye calmly came to the bench and slapped hands as his teammates congratulated him.

On cue, Daye drained another triple to start the overtime, giving the Pistons a 102-99 lead as they rallied for a 112-109 victory.

"It was important for me (to be out there)," Daye said. "I played well against Boston and I wasn't in at the end because I made a couple of mistakes. It meant a lot to me that Coach had the confidence to keep me out there.

"The play actually wasn't for me to start off, and then he (John Kuester) changed it around. I got a great screen (from Rodney Stuckey), and as soon as I let it go I knew it was going in.

"We did a great job. We moved the ball well at times. We ran plays that were for us and were great plays for us. We just made good plays and Tayshaun (Prince) came up big down the stretch."

Daye eventually added a dunk off a feed from Greg Monroe (16 points, 13 rebounds) to give the Pistons a five-point lead.

Daye finished with 15 points, taking just eight shots and making 3 of 4 triples. Prince scored eight straight in the fourth and finished with 23.

"The thing I was impressed with was we never gave up," Kuester said. "The last play Rodney Stuckey made a great screen to get Austin open. Guys helped each other."

"Great win; and it's important that Austin keeps getting better at the defensive end."

Comment

Austin Daye 01/22/11

From Spokesman Review--In brief:

• Daye hits winner for Pistons: In Auburn Hills, Mich., Austin Daye made the go-ahead jump shot with 53 seconds left and the Detroit Pistons rallied for a 75-74 victory that snapped the Phoenix Suns’ five-game winning streak.

Tayshaun Prince led Detroit with 17 points, 13 rebounds and five assists. Will Bynum added 12 points.

Austin's stats:

ZaGranny

Comment

• northsidezagfan
                            Zag for Life
                            • Mar 2009

Box score for the Detroit Pistons vs. Orlando Magic NBA game from January 24, 2011 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.

Huge game for Daye... 20 points 7 boards 2 steals 0 turnovers in 34 minutes.

Comment

Wow, great night!

55% 2 point shots
                              100% 3 point shots
                              75% FT

Congratulations, Austin!

Thanks for posting!

ZaGranny

Comment

Working...
                              X