PDA

View Full Version : Mark Few on the radio Friday

nonzagzag
10-29-2010, 01:34 AM
Alert!

coach Few will be on AM 700 sports show in Spokane sometime between 3 and 6 pm friday

maybe somebody can use their fancy recording gizmo to record it....

ZagNative
10-29-2010, 01:44 AM
I'd be glad to record it if we can get the time narrowed down a bit.

gamagin
10-29-2010, 11:38 AM
heard radio ad today saying The Mark Few show will air Mondays at noon, Spokane, 1510 am. Can you/will you, tape & relay ?

Thank you, mighty Zag Warrior-fan and poster.

ZagNative
10-29-2010, 12:06 PM
I have my Radio Shark set to automatically record the Mark Few Show every Monday at noon and the Coaches Show every Tuesday at 7:00. However, I need to check to make sure those shows aren't part of the subscription package available on gozags.com, because if they are, I can't upload them for public consumption, cutting into their subscription revenue.

I'll let you know.

Incidentally, I've touted my Radio Shark here before and will again. It's a cheap am/fm radio receiver (under $40 via Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/RADIOSHARK2-Am-fm-Radio-Recorder/dp/B000L6OYIM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288378697&sr=8-1)) that plugs into the USB port of a computer, so you can listen live and/or record the local radio signal to an mp3 file that you can listen to anytime and on any device or program that can play mp3 files. You can pre-schedule recordings in advance, as I've set up the MF show and Tomato street.

I love my Radio Shark ... Hondo has one. How you liking yours, Hondo?

Edited to add: Checked, and those two shows are part of the subscription package on gozags.com, so I can't share my recordings of them on line.

Kiddwell
10-29-2010, 12:47 PM
Edited to add: Checked, and those two shows are part of the subscription package on gozags.com, so I can't share my recordings of them on line.

Can you give us an overview of the show/interview, O Dear & Resourceful ZN? :)

ZagNative
10-29-2010, 12:58 PM
Can you give us an overview of the show/interview, O Dear & Resourceful ZN? :)Gamagin does a much better job than I ever could relaying the salient points of a show, unless I do a verbatim transcript. ZN is a poor excuse for ...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_6hDZt1e0ofY/SGmQysLrdeI/AAAAAAAAAaY/tRxkuA4AjTY/s400/lois+lane2.jpg

Gamagin makes a much better representative of the Daily Planet ...

Incidentally, I'm listening to 700 and am poised to hit the record button as soon as I hear that Few twang.

hondo
10-29-2010, 12:58 PM
I love my Radio Shark, thanks ZN for the heads up on this fine gadget. In fact right now I am listening to a Prairie Home Companion program recorded last July. However I still need instruction on a few matters. I'll PM you.

gamagin
10-29-2010, 01:03 PM

you mean these shows are for scribers only ? How does THAT increase revenue. I went to that site and saw no mention of the show or subscribing. the only subscription i did see was free. so why is it not public domain. One would think Few's words would be available to all willing to listen.

so Wazzup !

thanks

ZagNative
10-29-2010, 01:24 PM
you mean these shows are for scribers only ? How does THAT increase revenue. I went to that site and saw no mention of the show or subscribing. the only subscription i did see was free. so why is it not public domain. One would think Few's words would be available to all willing to listen.

so Wazzup !

thanksAnyone in Spokane can listen to the programs over the air and, presumably, make recordings for their own use. However, the shows can't be recorded for sharing online with other users out of the area, because they want people to subscribe to their online access.

IMO, the all-access portion of that site is abysmal. I end up in a very bad humor whenever I visit there, because it's so hard to find stuff and it's slow as molasses. I dug deep and did see the Coaches' show, grayed out, because I'm not a paid subscriber.

I know it's verboten for recording and uploading, because after I uploaded a recording of one of the programs carried on that site last year, I received a complaint from a poster here associated with the subscription services on that site. After initially grumbling in protest, I decided discretion was the better part, and I took my Radio Shark and slunk off defeated.

I would be happy to share those recordings, but I want to spend my golden years in the comfort of Casa Native, and not in that other Big House.

gamagin
10-29-2010, 01:57 PM
Anyone in Spokane can listen to the programs over the air and, presumably, make recordings for their own use. However, the shows can't be recorded for sharing online with other users out of the area, because they want people to subscribe to their online access.

IMO, the all-access portion of that site is abysmal. I end up in a very bad humor whenever I visit there, because it's so hard to find stuff and it's slow as molasses. I dug deep and did see the Coaches' show, grayed out, because I'm not a paid subscriber.

I know it's verboten for recording and uploading, because after I uploaded a recording of one of the programs carried on that site last year, I received a complaint from a poster here associated with the subscription services on that site. After initially grumbling in protest, I decided discretion was the better part, and I took my Radio Shark and slunk off defeated.

I would be happy to share those recordings, but I want to spend my golden years in the comfort of Casa Native, and not in that other Big House.

I may have to listen to the program tomorrow and scribble some notes for relaying if someone else doesn't get to it sooner. I understand trying to keep the show proprietary, but it would seem to me the best way would be to sell adverts and make money that way by widening the audience and streaming it since there is nationwide interest, but not for every morsel. Plus the site looks like its selling alot of stuff in the first place and likely could use more hits.

If/when the demand is overwhelming for this partciular show, i spose then they could go the subscription route, but even then I doubt it. Few is open to q & a 3-4 or more times a week now. I doubt there's anything he says exclusively on that show vs. the others.

hondo
10-29-2010, 02:19 PM
We would visit you once in a while at the Casa Grande. You know it's pretty close to a very fine restaurant in Dayton.

gamagin
10-29-2010, 02:25 PM
thank ee

ZagNative
10-29-2010, 02:42 PM
Nonzagzag says 700 AM from 3:00 to 6:00. It's ESPN, and I think the 3:00 show is Dennis Patchin.

ZagNative
10-29-2010, 02:48 PM
We would visit you once in a while at the Casa Grande. You know it's pretty close to a very fine restaurant in Dayton.Hondo, you think never of yourself, do you? Always looking to be of service to humanity, and taking such meager nourishment as you can find along the way!

My goodness! My sister and I went to a basketball game at Walla Walla JC one time, and en route we got lost and ended up in the parking lot in front of the State Penitentary at dusk! What an impressive looking fortress. ZN forthwith vowed to turn in her gang colors, change her lawless ways, and hew close to the straight and narrow.

Angelo Roncalli
10-29-2010, 02:57 PM
My sister and I went to a basketball game at Walla Walla JC one time, and en route we got lost and ended up in the parking lot in front of the State Penitentary at dusk! What an impressive looking fortress.

The view on the inside is even more impressive/intimidating.

ZagNative
10-29-2010, 03:08 PM
They just said Mark Few is coming on at 4:05 pm.

gamagin
10-29-2010, 03:10 PM
@ 4:05p.

It's a three hour "show".

I've only been listening a couple of minutes and already the pauses (3-5 seconds several times) are more interesting, tense at times and anxiety-riddled (like "did they just go off the air", I thought the first time), than the banter.

sigh

ZagNative
10-29-2010, 03:19 PM
Yup. I couldn't hang with it. I'll be back at 4:05.

ZagNative
10-29-2010, 04:06 PM
It's on.

gamagin
10-29-2010, 04:14 PM
Dennis, for those who don't remember, was the popular and respected and well-informed (imo) voice of the Bulldogs for several years, until his station, KXLY, Spokane, lost the bid to KHQ.

That's when we got the current fearsome twosome, Greg and Craig.

DP: what you trying to do at the start of the season
MF: before oct 15. yeah. "Individual work, get em in shape,. some like to get after it. we have hopes of playing so like to pace ourselves, plannng to run deep into march. all about individual developmend. now spend a day or two w/team concepts so we hit the ground running. not like old days of basics. 5 on 5. But now, we come in ready.

DP: not like the old days . . .
MF: No, not at all. under Fitz (dan fitzgerald, RIP) we had a 10 mile run, not conducive to quick twitch performance, but good for stress fractures, munce (don munson) and i talked fitx into getting rid of that.

DP: so what do you do to prepare with the start of practice ?
MF: defense, basic offense, then moving to scrimmages and exhibition. out of bounds, side, press, press release and breaks. long list of things that we pretty much do a couple (Of) every day. as well as all about creating habits and making sure whoever we playing and where we are, we'll be consistent, rebounding and executing.

DP: one pre season and scrim. TX this time. this work better than in the past when you (my words) took an easy team and beat them up ?

MF: I think so. tx scrim been really positive for both. high level competition. basically a game like atmosphere. tx brings intensity. we have 3 ncaa officials there. we have to prepare. we go through game-like conditions. worked out really well. and (after TX) we like one exhibition w/crowd to see how they function and adjust to that situation, which is important.

DP: you have a bunch of young uns this year, assume majority know what you want. but with the newbies, do you approach and coach differently ?

MF: little bit. but we have almost as many newbies this year as last. we've got to bring some up to development so that has slowed us down a little. EH, for e.g., and Rs were qustion marks last year, so that helps that they are ready this year.

DP: any question marks (personnel) this season ?

MF: lots of them. MB was our man last year. so lotta concerns. BIG shoes to fill. the guard play constantly working to make sure its up to standards, and then just piecing it all together. we (and our fans) have high expectations and we need the foundation to meet them. this group hasn done anything. some will have to step up especially with this pre season. we took this year from tough to off the charts if you look at it, game to game and wk to wk.

DP: how int'l play help ?
MF: fun, exciting, confidence building for them. I am worried they don't hit a wall vs having the summer off. They were in pretty intense situations. I'm trying to get more cognizant as to their freshness. made em take a couple weeks off (Sept.) and hoping that fatigue won't be an issue. Playing is what they wanted to do so we and they are blessed to gain that added experience.

DP: sonething else about Int'l, which sorta echoed earlier question, imo.
MF: every kid should get that kind of experience (int'l) there's just a little concern. positives outweigh negs.

DP: who you going to count on earlier than the others among the non starters ?

MF: sam Dower should be ready. He could have played last year. He gives us another entity around the basket and he can shoot the 3. He ll be clawing for p.t. too, But he''s likely the one most ready to play.

DP: thanks, mark
MF: your welcome DP, anytime.

end

Bogozags
10-29-2010, 04:25 PM
Dennis, for those who don't remember, was the popular and respected and well-informed (imo) voice of the Bulldogs for several years, until his station, KXLY, Spokane, lost the bid to KHQ.

That's when we got the current fearsome twosome, Greg and Craig.

DP: what you trying to do at the start of the season
MF: before oct 15. yeah. "Individual work, get em in shape,. some like to get after it. we have hopes of playing so like to pace ourselves, plannng to run deep into march. all about individual developmend. now spend a day or two w/team concepts so we hit the ground running. not like old days of basics. 5 on 5. come in ready.

DP: not like the old days . . .
MF: under fitz we had a 10 mile run, not conducive to quick twitch performance, but good for stress fractures, munce and i talked fitx into getting rid of that.

DP: so what do you do to prepare.
MF: defense, basic offense, then moving to scrimmages and exhibition. out of bounds, side, press, press release and breaks. long list of things that we pretty much do a couple (Of) every day. as well as all about creating habits and making sure whoever we playing and where we are, we'll be consistent, rebounding and executing.

DP: one pre season and scrim. TX this time. this work better than in the past when you (my words) took an easy team and beat them up ?

MF: I think so. tx scrim been really positive for both. high level competition. basically a game like atmosphere. tx brings intensity. we have 3 ncaa officials there. we have to prepare. we go through game-like conditions. worked out really well. and like one exhibition w/crowd to see how they function and adjust to that.

DP: you have a bunch of young uns this year, assume majority know what you want. but with the newbies, do you approach and coach differently ?

MF: little bit. but we have almost as many newbies this year as last. we've got to bring some up to development so that has slowed us down a little. EH, for e.g., and Rs were qustion marks last year, so that helps that they are ready this year.

DP: any question marks (personnel) this season ?

MF: lots of them. MB was our man last year. so lotta concerns. BIG shoes to fill. the guard play constantly working to make sure its up to standards, and then just piecing it all together. we (and our fans) have high expectations and we need the foundation to meet them. this group hasn done anything. some will have to step up especially with this pre season. we took this year from tough to off the charts if you look at it, game to game and wk to wk.

DP: how int'l play help ?
MF: fun, exciting, confidence building for them. I am worried they don't hit a wall vs having the summer off. They were in pretty intense situations. I'm trying to get more cognizant as to their freshness. made em take a couple weeks off (Sept.) and hoping that fatigue won't be an issue. Playing is what they wanted to do so we and they are blessed to gain that added experience.

DP: sonething else about Int'l, which sorta echoed earlier question, imo.
MF: every kid should get that kind of experience (int'l) there's just a little concern. positives outweigh negs.

MF: sam Dower should be ready. He could have played last year. He gives us another entity around the basket and he can shoot the 3. He ll be clawing for p.t. too, But he''s likely the one most ready to play.

DP: thanks, mark
MF: your welcome DP, anytime.

end

Geeze...that was GREAT! THANKS!

ZagNative
10-29-2010, 04:33 PM
Wow. Gam is fast! And good! I've got the audio uploaded, but for some reason Picasa always has a delay before it can be played. Should have a link here within 15 minutes or so.

ZagNative
10-29-2010, 04:37 PM
Here's the link to the audio (http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/bQh0daBnaDbTqDS5KtLZgAXEuRm-pyB63zIF1E6MpQI?feat=directlink), with a backdrop of photos.

NotoriousZ
10-29-2010, 06:24 PM

Exciting news, thanks for the relay, gamagin. November 5th can't get here fast enough!

RenoZag
10-29-2010, 07:50 PM
gam is the Edward R. Murrow of the GUB. . .

bballbeachbum
10-30-2010, 08:53 AM
Geeze...that was GREAT! THANKS!

yes it was :) thanks