PDA

View Full Version : Jennings commits to Arizona

former1dog
05-22-2007, 03:45 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/6839598

spudzag
05-22-2007, 06:16 PM
Things should be more interesting for the next several months. Nate Gath who had listed Gonzaga committed last week to Minnesota.

Patrick McCollum had Arizona listed as his 1st priority. Guess he will be looking elsewhere.

azzagfan
05-22-2007, 06:31 PM
My guess is that Larry Drew now commits to UNC as both he and Jennings stayed over after the AZ Cactus Classic. Lute probably had the trigger ready on either depending on interest level. I can't say I'm too dissappointed that the Zags aren't getting either. Jennings is not a guy who would have ever done well as a Zag, he's much better off with some of the other attitude issue guys down here at U of A, and he's probably not planning on staying here more than a year or two (despite the fact that he's totally not ready for the NBA, no consistent jump shot). Larry Drew is good, but the difference between him and Jordan Theodore is not that huge, and they are very similar in styles.

deathchina
05-22-2007, 07:18 PM
"Jennings is not a guy who would have ever done well as a Zag, he's much better off with some of the other attitude issue guys down here at U of A"

Hmmm..from what I've read Jennings is a very very hard worker and never backs down from a challenge. Haven't read anything about him having "attitude issues". Care to enlighten me?

azzagfan
05-23-2007, 03:49 PM
Just my impression after watching him play a couple games this weekend. He plays hard, but some of the body language, the way he came to the tournament, there are just a few things that make me think there may be issues there. I may be totally wrong. There's no doubt he is extremely talented.

CDC84
05-23-2007, 05:24 PM
Lute probably had the trigger ready on either depending on interest level.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lute only had the trigger ready for Jennings. Drew has hit a brick wall in his development as a prospect. I really question how good of a player he is going to be at UNC. He has a lot of holes in his game that have come to the surface at recent AAU events.

He could turn out to be a nice player in his junior and senior years, but he is not the kind of guy you want taking over for Ty Lawson right away. I was actually surprised UNC was so eager to get him, but the 2008 class isn't exactly brimming with elite PG talent beyond Jennings and a few others.