PDA

View Full Version : Carter and the speed of the game

CDC84
10-15-2010, 11:07 PM
Marquise is going to be struggling (and has struggled early on) with adjusting to the speed level of D-1 basketball. Just like JP Batista did early on in his GU career. It's not a talent thing - it's just getting used to something new. Kind of like how a young QB needs to adjust to the speed of NFL rushers.

It's something that many juco players struggle with early on, but it's even more pronounced with a point guard.

Carter is going to find out in the coming days just how fast this program pushes the ball. I expect to see him adjust as the season moves along, but there is going to be an adjustment phase.

Patience.

Zag79
10-15-2010, 11:13 PM
maybe thats what it was cdc, because i saw a good player but not a great one. yet. certainly not someone who would replace meech. carter has a nice touch, but i cant imagine him being a starter let alone running this team. it looks like someone pushed meech to be better and take his game to the next level, so we win either way.

CDC84
10-16-2010, 12:07 AM
It's in Gonzaga's best interest that both of these players maximize their ability. I don't get this Meech vs. Carter thing, other than the fact that I like for there to be good competition in practice. If one fails while the other prospers, this team isn't going to be all that great folks. Neither guy is going to be extraordinary, so they both need to prosper in their own way. Both complement each other well because their strengths and weaknesses are a bit different. Opponents will get a different look. But both guys need to be capable of running this team because Gonzaga isn't likely going to be able to spotlight one guy as being THE definitive floor leader of this team. I don't think being named the starting point guard on this team is going to establish that. It's just that someone has to be named the starter.

MickMick
10-16-2010, 01:25 AM
It was obvious to me that Carter can score. I was a little dissapointed that he didn't seem to have a sense of urgency. Sort of nonchalant. Maybe it was just a scrimmage and he wasn't putting in max effort. Or perhaps I was spoiled by the energy from Arop. That kid goes all out.

But the bottom line is that he showed me he can put the ball in the hoop and that he can pass. He passes my initial litmus test for the skills required.

Martin Centre Mad Man
10-16-2010, 05:48 AM
It's in Gonzaga's best interest that both of these players maximize their ability. I don't get this Meech vs. Carter thing, other than the fact that I like for there to be good competition in practice. If one fails while the other prospers, this team isn't going to be all that great folks. Neither guy is going to be extraordinary, so they both need to prosper in their own way. Both complement each other well because their strengths and weaknesses are a bit different. Opponents will get a different look. But both guys need to be capable of running this team because Gonzaga isn't likely going to be able to spotlight one guy as being THE definitive floor leader of this team. I don't think being named the starting point guard on this team is going to establish that. It's just that someone has to be named the starter.

Yup. We need both of them to be quality players. I hope they push each other to get better.

Baldwinzag
10-16-2010, 08:24 AM
Here is what Bob said about Marquise after conferring with people within the program:

Very cerebral, mature and his skills have been one of the most pleasant surprises this off-season. He's not the stereotypical Juco (gunner, ball hog, juke n' jive, me first, attitude, etc.), he does everything possible to make his teammates better, and he shoots it if the opportunity arises.

I think Marquise is just a different player than Meech and thats A-OK. He's a walk-it-down-the-court surveying the defense type of guard. Always has been and always will be. We saw it on film in his JUCO days. He's a quiet scorer, above average shooter, and an excellent passer. Actually, its a nice change of pace to Meech's balls-out, borderline reckless abandon approach.

Sure, Gonzaga loves to run 'n gun and get up and down in transition, yet speed is not always the best remedy in every instance in bball. Just as BZ stated above, I can tell you first-hand the players adore Marquise and his pass-first mentality on the court, especially his uncanny ability to look for & involve our post players. Our frontcourt is our strength and Marquise plays to the strengths of th team...which is exactly what I heard from his peers. He is a 'cerebral' player who is the opposite of a "gunner". BZ said it months ago and that is how Marquise played last night. An entertaining scrimmage really isn't the best venue to highlight these attributes or strengths of his game.

Yes, no doubt Meech looked good last night. He's fast, quick, and strong as ever. It was a pick-up game and I'm sure he's going to be our Starting PG next season, but unless Meech shows me he can effectively INVOLVE his teammates on a consistent basis I will have my doubts about his PG skills. Can he run the team in a half-court setting? Can he actually make a pass to Elias, Sam, Rob, and Kelly? I'm not sure, but I still wholeheartedly believe Meech is a huge asset to this team and will have no problem with him running it as long as he can show more than his natural athleticism on the court.

I like what Carter brings to the table; whether he plays alongside Meech or is his back-up, we need a Carter type guard on this team. A player who can keep defenses honest, make shots when called upon, and get the offense clicking on ALL cylinders, not just in transition or with his athleticism.

Overall, I love the improvements Meech is displaying thus far, most importantly on free throws, floaters, and penetration. He definitely put in some work this off-season.

Just as CDC eluded to, we're lucky to have two great guards running this team and it will take time for Marquise to adjust to D1 basketball as is the case with every guard from HS and/or JUCO.

It will be fun watching these guys play!

kitzbuel
10-16-2010, 08:51 AM
It was obvious to me that Carter can score. I was a little dissapointed that he didn't seem to have a sense of urgency. Sort of nonchalant. Maybe it was just a scrimmage and he wasn't putting in max effort. Or perhaps I was spoiled by the energy from Arop. That kid goes all out.

But the bottom line is that he showed me he can put the ball in the hoop and that he can pass. He passes my initial litmus test for the skills required.

I am pretty sure he hasn't been able to practice with the coaches yet or been really exposed to their concept of the point guard's game. I am willing to give him a couple of games. ;)

Psychozag
10-16-2010, 09:51 AM
I thought it was strange that both Carter and Meech were on the same team for the scrimmage. Meech brought up the ball and Carter played the 2 for a lot of the scrimmage. I wanted to see Carter have the chance to run the team, but Stockton did that for the Blue team.

MDABE80
10-16-2010, 02:05 PM
Depending on what the defense offers, each has his place. As to Mick's comment about nonchalance, I'd bet he;ll pick up the pace once he has more experience...being struck by his first crowd (and whatta crowd on your first night!) at the kennel...

Important thing is that BOTH fit well...depending on what Few wants to do against any given team.
He looks quiet but good. He'll come along once he gets his feet wet.

He's a fine player. JC..even at the higher end...is often a slower game. I don't think Carter is speed demon but he's capable of running a team. Meech did surprise me though..he looked better.

Martin Centre Mad Man
10-16-2010, 02:43 PM
It sounds to me like we have two different styles of point guard in terms of how they best run an offense and distribute the ball to their team.

Meech is best at getting the ball up the floor and attacking the rim before the defense is able to set itself.

Carter seems to be an excellent half court point-guard who has the court-vision and height to distribute the ball by going over defenders. He'll get the ball to the bigs in good scoring position. Given the great depth we have in the front court, that ought to be an excellent skill set for this coming season.

Both of them will contribute and I believe they will compliment each other.

I can't wait.

BobZag
10-16-2010, 03:39 PM
I didn't view Carter like most who watched him. I thought he did well. He is so different than Meech (or Pargo or Raivio, for that matter), but I liked his style. I know I'm in the minority but I think he played good. I had to leave with 7 minutes to go in the scrimmage, but I thought he played well up till then. When he adjusts to D1 speed, all the better. Anyway, all is good, imo.

Zag79
10-16-2010, 05:04 PM
I thought Carter played well for his first time in a zag uni Bob, I think the disappointment or lack of excitement is due to the "he will replace meech so easily" hype on this board. I expected someone much faster, stronger, and I guess you could say explosive. He will be a good player I'm sure, but it made me feel that much more confident that meech will not be seeing the pine. I do like the idea of both players being able to contribute differently, but after seeing the two guys run meech is the starter no question amid all the chatter.

OZZY
10-17-2010, 06:04 PM
A question for the uninitiated....

Can the team play a different game depending on the guard? If we are up against a good team that is fast but has trouble guarding bigs in the half court offence, do we change and throw Carter with Manny/Elias/KO and Sacre at them?

or do we match up and use Meech with Steven/Manny/Elias and Sacre?

So can a team play different styles depending on who they are playing against or is this too much to expect from a young team like the Zags (see last years ganme against Duke).

titopoet
10-18-2010, 07:50 AM
I am with Bob on this one. Carter did well with only on bad pass on the night.

I have a different way, it seems, than others on the board in evaluating a players performance. With only one guy on the team being able to score on any one position, most of the team goes in helping to get the best possible shot. Players are given options depending on who is on the court with them. Example, I doubt that Sacre has the green light to shot 3s, even if he can. Every coach assigns jobs to do and it is how that player performs his job that determines how good the player played. Sometimes that translates into stats, but other times it does not. I love guys that do the dirty work screens, pick offs, sealing the lane etc that don't get the glory but is every bit as important to winning. Like offensive lineman, the guys that do that work get bumps and bruises and little love from the fans. Yet, they do for the team. Pendo was a master of his dirty work stuff, because it is what wins games and it is why he was such a coach's favorite.

Carter played well, but it would a lot to ask him to run the team this early in the preseason. Stockton, having redshirted, certainly was more familiar with the Few's modified Flex. Carter is just learning the sets. Carter show great understanding of Few's spacing and starting to get the concepts, not an easy thing to do in such a short time in the program. You saw some of the same confusion with all of the new guys. Even a fairly open system like the dribble drive offense that Coach Cal runs is hard to pick up. Remember that John Wall had trouble in the early going running it and Kentucky had trouble with the likes Miami of Ohio and Stanford. Carter will be alright and a whole lot faster at the start of the season.

cjm720
10-18-2010, 08:05 AM
I didn't view Carter like most who watched him. I thought he did well. He is so different than Meech (or Pargo or Raivio, for that matter), but I liked his style. I know I'm in the minority but I think he played good. I had to leave with 7 minutes to go in the scrimmage, but I thought he played well up till then. When he adjusts to D1 speed, all the better. Anyway, all is good, imo.

In the brief appearance I saw of him on the highlight vids that Larry posted, I was impressed. He seems like a crafty player that will complement Meech and only help our squad.

Go Zags!!!

75Zag
10-18-2010, 08:28 AM
I don't want to get into the point guard debate, but I will say that from my observations, this GU team has been built on the assumption that GU will play a quick up and down full court style of basketball and avoid - to the extent possible - the grinding half court set style of basketball. From my perspective, we just don't have the back to the basket / low post blocker horses to play long minutes of half court basketball against Top 10 OOC opposition.

I assume that Carter will find his wheels such that the coaches can choose between Carter and Goodson based on other factors (shooting and assists?). If Carter truly is slow, I don't see him fitting in to this team very well.

Go Bulldogs!

Nevtelen
10-18-2010, 09:54 PM
I don't want to get into the point guard debate, but I will say that from my observations, this GU team has been built on the assumption that GU will play a quick up and down full court style of basketball and avoid - to the extent possible - the grinding half court set style of basketball. From my perspective, we just don't have the back to the basket / low post blocker horses to play long minutes of half court basketball against Top 10 OOC opposition.

Go Bulldogs!

Not that I think Few and Co are going to want to play a grind-it-out half-court game much of the time, but how do we not have the low-post players to do it? Between Sacre, Dower, Harris, and Olynyk (plus you've got to count Arop as a presence on the boards), what pieces don't we have? If you don't think we have the pieces, I'd love for you to tell me what team in all of college ball does?

75Zag
10-19-2010, 02:41 AM
Ohio State should have an excellent half court offense if Jared Sullinger is as good of a low block scorer as advertised, but they need to figure out the point guard situation.

I concur that GU will have some size this year. However, in my experience, size at GU does not necessarily indicate the ability or desire to excel at low post. (See Exhibit A - Josh Heyfeldt). Sacre showed some good moves under the basket last year. It will be interesting to see what he can do this year with GU's new line up. I think he averaged 10 points per game on 52% shooting last year, which are not the numbers of a dominating low post scorer, but with no Matt B., this year should be a different deal.

Go Bulldogs!

titopoet
10-19-2010, 06:14 AM
I think he averaged 10 points per game on 52% shooting last year, which are not the numbers of a dominating low post scorer, but with no Matt B., this year should be a different deal.

Go Bulldogs!

I think he will have an increase in production, not decrease as that was one of the weakest part of Matty's game, post pass. The high low game between the 4 and 5 should improve. I am very curious to see what new wrinkles Few throws into his 4 out 1 in offense with this group. With his veterans, Meech, Gray, Harris, Kelly, Sacre and Arop he has a group that knows his system and he through stuff in that last years team could not run from lack of experience.

229SintoZag
10-19-2010, 09:18 AM
Marquise is going to be struggling (and has struggled early on) with adjusting to the speed level of D-1 basketball. Just like JP Batista did early on in his GU career. It's not a talent thing - it's just getting used to something new. Kind of like how a young QB needs to adjust to the speed of NFL rushers.

It's something that many juco players struggle with early on, but it's even more pronounced with a point guard.

Carter is going to find out in the coming days just how fast this program pushes the ball. I expect to see him adjust as the season moves along, but there is going to be an adjustment phase.

Patience.

Dumb question: why can't Marquise make this adjustment in scrimmaging and practicing with the squad before the season starts?

I want GU to recruit players who can play. A JUCO guy is already only going to spend only half the time on campus that a kid who is here for four years will spend. It seems to me that recruiting JUCO guys, our staff would look more for players who can hit the ground running, so to speak, rather than guys who need to spend a portion or most of their first year adjusting to the speed of D-1 hoops, as played at GU.

Nevtelen
10-19-2010, 09:37 AM
Dumb question: why can't Marquise make this adjustment in scrimmaging and practicing with the squad before the season starts?

I want GU to recruit players who can play. A JUCO guy is already only going to spend only half the time on campus that a kid who is here for four years will spend. It seems to me that recruiting JUCO guys, our staff would look more for players who can hit the ground running, so to speak, rather than guys who need to spend a portion or most of their first year adjusting to the speed of D-1 hoops, as played at GU.

Never having played any sport at that level, I don't know why, but you hear over and over that game speed is just different from practice speed (not just in bball, either - I've heard that said about other sports as well). It doesn't matter what variables or how much intensity the coach tries to inject or how serious the scrimmage seems to be, it just isn't the same and Carter, like any Juco, will have to learn to adjust while playing in meaningful during the course of the season.

By your logic, GU shouldn't have recruited Batista - it certainly took J.P. half a season to adjust to D-I. Once he did, though, I think he did pretty okay. ;) Not to say that Carter will be J.P. in guard form, but that sometimes when you give a guy a chance to adjust, good things come out of it.

Robzagnut
10-19-2010, 09:54 AM

I agree. I watched Carter for a while just to see how he played. It looked to me that he wasn't a player seeking the spotlight. That he was content to let the game come to him. As I told a buddy yesterday, Carter is a glider. And in the famous words of Wooden he looks like a, "Be quick, but don't hurry" type of player.

I like that in a Point Guard.

I think he will be a player that will let the scorers do their thing. He will make the correct pass and the correct decision. Then he will step up his scoring only if needed.

I like that in a Point Guard.

Ezag
10-19-2010, 10:46 AM
Unfortunately, I was hoping Carter would be like Pargo or someone who could take over a game if need be, I think we have enough tentative players.

However, it is funny how everyone already has their opinions of Carter formed after one scrimmage game.....

Baldwinzag
10-19-2010, 10:47 AM

I feel its a given a JUCO player must adjust to D1 speed--no matter who or how talented you are. Marquise has been playing pick-up games with this team for only a few weeks, so of course he's going to struggle with the speed of the game. Quite frankly, who doesn't and who wouldn't in his case?

#1 draft picks in the NFL/NBA have an adjustment period and its due to the quicker, faster, stronger speed of the game.

Heck, It happens at every level; whether a player goes from junior high to high school to college to pro's, etc etc. They have to adjust and speed up their game to be effective. Its only natural and will take some time.

Remember JP Batista in his first few games? Remember Tony Reason? Alex hernandez? et al?

Trust me, players have very high remarks for Marquise on and off the court. A certain player whose name rhymes with Power says Carter is a tremendous passer and has a knack for involving every player on the floor on every possession. I can't tell you what the Coaches think, but I'm confident they knew he would need some time to learn & adjust. They all do.

Marquise is a talented guard and will figure it out sooner than most. I expect him to make this team better in the backcourt albeit it may take a little time.

BobZag
10-19-2010, 11:08 AM
Carter will be better than fine.

Rhymes with Power? Ahh, yes...Olynyk.

:D

CDC84
10-19-2010, 12:47 PM

Anyone who has played at the highest levels of D-1 ball will tell you that the mental (and physical) demands of playing in a real game against a real opponent in front of 10,000 people (plus TV viewers) who passionately care about the outcome are at a completely different level than anything that takes place during practice or at a scrimmage. I don't care if Bob Knight is running the practice with boxing gloves in each hand - the games are 15x more demanding. No practice or scrimmage can accurately simulate game speed. The players just play harder, they play at full speed and there are very few interruptions. When JP Batista had to sit out several games due to the NCAA thing, he still practiced and scrimmaged with the team, but it didn't make any difference....it took him about a month to get caught up to the game speed of D-1 ball. The first month of the season felt like a Nascar event to him. He had never, ever seen players move that fast in a basketball game, but he eventually adjusted. Again, it's like the rookie QB at NFL training camp. No matter how many snaps the rookie takes at camp, it's not the same experience as having Ray Lewis or Patrick Willis breathing down his neck. There's no way the QB's teammates can simulate that. The QB just has to get used to it. Obviously, the more preparation that is done in training camp, the easier it will be for the new QB, but there will still be a heavy adjustment period.

Ohio State should have an excellent half court offense if Jared Sullinger is as good of a low block scorer as advertised, but they need to figure out the point guard situation.

David Lighty is likely going to be that guy to start with. If Thad Matta has to, he'll use friggin' Jared Sullinger as his point guard because Thad Matta plays his best 5 players, period. It doesn't matter what size they are, what class they are, or what position they are most comfortable at. That is his coaching philosophy - play your best, end of story. He's never been a coach who believes in "role players." He believes in talent, and making sure the opponent sees that talent at full force. I swear, if his five best players are 6-10, 6-10, 6-11, 7-0 and 7-6, one of them will play point guard. If there are 8 seniors on the roster, and his 5 most gifted players are freshman, the 5 freshman will start and get nearly all of the minutes. The seniors will warm the bench. That's always been the way Thad operates - it makes him unique.

Baldwinzag
10-19-2010, 01:35 PM
Rhymes with Power? Ahh, yes...Olynyk.

:D

How'd you know, BZ?! A lucky guess, I suppose...;)

229SintoZag
10-19-2010, 01:38 PM
I guess my question was more along these lines then:

Assuming that there really is nothing like "D-1 game speed," why is Marquise's adjustment to that phenomenon any different than any new player, whether freshman or JUCO, who is lacing up for his first D-1 game at a high level program?

Did, say, Derrick Rose have this problem too during his first month or so at Memphis? For that matter, did Pargo have this problem at GU his freshman year? Dan Dickau at UW? Patty Mills at St. Marys?

In other words, why is your post just about Marquise, rather than a general commentary on the transition to D-1 that applies to all players across the board?

kitzbuel
10-19-2010, 02:48 PM
Unfortunately, I was hoping Carter would be like Pargo or someone who could take over a game if need be, I think we have enough tentative players.

However, it is funny how everyone already has their opinions of Carter formed after one scrimmage game.....

I really don't see how folks could have got that impression. All the info I read on Carter indicated that his game was directing the offense and setting his teammates up.

RockandRollJames
10-19-2010, 02:59 PM
i saw a good player but not a great one. yet. certainly not someone who would replace meech.

He doesn't need to be great. All we can hope for is that he is good. How many great players do we have? How many great players are there on the best teams?

CDC84
10-19-2010, 03:58 PM
Assuming that there really is nothing like "D-1 game speed," why is Marquise's adjustment to that phenomenon any different than any new player, whether freshman or JUCO, who is lacing up for his first D-1 game at a high level program?

It's probably not all that different, and obviously, the adjustment phase is undoubtably easier for a guy like Derrick Rose whose talent is transcendent. The problem with Rose at the beginning was that he often played too fast. He got better as the season moved along.

Marquise reminds me of JP in that he's a deliberate player. He wants to make the right decisions. He's just going to need to make them quicker. It's no biggie. Personally, I really like how GU has two point guards who are different from one another. It gives opponents a different look. Of course the ideal thing is to have an incoming super stud point guard like Duke's Kyrie Irving, but if you can't land a player like him, make do with what you got.

Nevtelen
10-19-2010, 08:31 PM
I guess my question was more along these lines then:

Did, say, Derrick Rose have this problem too during his first month or so at Memphis? For that matter, did Pargo have this problem at GU his freshman year? Dan Dickau at UW? Patty Mills at St. Marys?

In other words, why is your post just about Marquise, rather than a general commentary on the transition to D-1 that applies to all players across the board?

My take is that most freshmen, except the real rock stars (like Rose), need a year to adapt. Most Juco players need a half-year because they've played at a higher level than most freshmen.

SteveAztec
10-20-2010, 02:46 AM
As one who has seen Marquise play a lot in High School in San Diego. Here is my take.

-A glider is a good description. Please don't take that as him not being quick or being lazy. He flows with the game. He is very athletic in his own way.

-He is the ultimate team player. He doesn't have to score or be the star to be happy.

-He isn't a great shooter, but not a bad shooter.

-He isn't a great ball handler, but good enough.

-He does a lot of things that go unnoticed. He does a lot of dirty work.

I was very surprised when Gonzaga gave Marquise a scholarship, but it makes sense to me now.

I think Marquise will back up Demetri the next two seasons, and play a little bit at the 2, spelling other guards.

Marquise is not a big star. He is a very valuable player to have on your team.

RockandRollJames
10-20-2010, 12:16 PM
I'm not trying to send this thread down this path, but I have to say it. How can there be all this hating on Crazy Legs Carter already and Meech love? It doesn't make sense. If anything people should be more neutral to both.

GonzagasaurusFlex
10-20-2010, 12:25 PM
If anything people should be more neutral to both.

Please try not to should on the thread

U Zig, I Zag
10-20-2010, 12:31 PM
As one who has seen Marquise play a lot in High School in San Diego. Here is my take.

-A glider is a good description. Please don't take that as him not being quick or being lazy. He flows with the game. He is very athletic in his own way.

-He is the ultimate team player. He doesn't have to score or be the star to be happy.

-He isn't a great shooter, but not a bad shooter.

-He isn't a great ball handler, but good enough.

-He does a lot of things that go unnoticed. He does a lot of dirty work.

I was very surprised when Gonzaga gave Marquise a scholarship, but it makes sense to me now.

I think Marquise will back up Demetri the next two seasons, and play a little bit at the 2, spelling other guards.

Marquise is not a big star. He is a very valuable player to have on your team.

Thanks for the synopsis. I too think that he will turn out to be a good player, not a superstar, but a good player that fills in and can play with an steady hand and an even head. Steven can't play all game long like last year... it's going to wear him out.

Reborn
10-21-2010, 10:58 AM
I didn't see the scrimmage, and I would not base my evaluation of Carter on that scrimmage. Personally, I don't feel that Carter's problem is one of not being able to adust to the speed of the Div 1 game. I think he has seem plenty of speed in his career as a basketball player. But I do agree that there is an adjustment to be made as one begins to play at the level of competition that Gonzaga plays at. GU is not just a D1 team, it's an Elite Div 1 team and plays against the top players in college basketball. The players at GU right now are also some of the best players in college basketball. I think it's more about adjusting to the level of talent than it is speed of the game, There is also an adjustment to be made when playing in front of a national audience and an arena that holds 10,000 fans and more, but that will come later.

I have confidence in Carter based on the videos that I have seen, and the fact that he was perhaps the best player in juco ball in America. I think the adustment that JP Bautista had to make at Gonzaga was because he was playing out of his position his junior year. He was playing the 4, or high post. I thought JP had a remarkable Junior year based on that. I could tell even in his Junior year that he was going to be a great low post player, because during the times he did post up low, no one could stop him even though he was a junior.

Carter is adjusting to the chemistry of the team, and trying to find his role. This is what takes time, imo. It's always hard to find your place, but I know Maurice will. He's going to help this team. I think Mark Few sees a lot in him. I can hardly wait to see him play.

CDC84
10-21-2010, 11:53 AM

We'll see once the real games begin, but all reports indicate that Marquise has elevated his game significantly since high school. Marquise didn't get offers from schools like Gonzaga, Oklahoma, Baylor and Texas A&M coming out of high school, but once he elevated his game at the juco level, things changed dramatically. As I mentioned in another post, it is unusual to see that many high major programs offer any juco player. When you see it, it's usually a sign that that player is capable of starting at the major conference level. I know that OU was recruiting him to be their starting PG.

Of course when I say this, it doesn't necessarily mean that I think he will be a star player, but that things really need to be judged based on what he has done the last couple of years.

SLOZag
10-21-2010, 03:10 PM
This was from the thread of another post:

Speaking of an adjustment period, Marquise posted this FB update minutes ago:

"Things starting to slowly come together....still learning."