PDA

View Full Version : Bold predictions thread

810Suited
10-15-2010, 06:09 AM
Im too scared to predict anything about the season, no jinxes here. But here are my two:
Hyland transfers to Vermont after 2nd year
Elias comes back for junior year

What you got?

Martin Centre Mad Man
10-15-2010, 06:37 AM
Here's a prediction:

The 2010-2011 Zags will finish in the Top 10 nationwide for free throw attempts and win several games by putting opposing teams in foul trouble.

kyle dixon
10-15-2010, 07:03 AM
Zags take a few early losses early in the season which pay dividends down the road at the end of the season come tournament time. The team peaks at the right time and is playing it's best basketball at the end of the season instead of in November. The Zags make some noise in the NCAA tournament once again...

jazzdelmar
10-15-2010, 07:16 AM
Im too scared to predict anything about the season, no jinxes here. But here are my two:

What you got?

wiltjer for hyland in 11-12 is ok w me

ZagMan in Philly
10-15-2010, 07:17 AM
Elias will have the highest scoring average in all of Division 1 bb teams.

jazzdelmar
10-15-2010, 07:20 AM
Elias will have the highest scoring average in all of Division 1 bb teams.

phillyzag wins Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award for keeping scores if not hundreds of zagiacs connected during season.....

GonzagasaurusFlex
10-15-2010, 07:39 AM
1) Steven Gray blows up!

2) YouTube video revealing BobZag's true identity goes viral. Thanks to BZ - now the biggest YouTube sensation since that homely Scottish gal with the angelic voice - ZagNation goes global....GU Board Forums blows up!

77Zag
10-15-2010, 08:03 AM
Giants in five over Philly --

Martin Centre Mad Man
10-15-2010, 08:15 AM
Payton Manning wins NFL MVP. Tom Brady's hair wins the Super Bowl.

Moss and Favre go 5-11 on the season and both retire only to be coaxed back to play another season for the Raiders in 2011. Ad Davis reportedly offers them a combined salary of 30 million.

RenoZag
10-15-2010, 08:18 AM
Zags stay healthy the entire season, conditioning is best ever seen, plenty of gas left in the tank come WCC & NCAA tournament time.

And Dellavadova changes the colors of his mouth guard.

ZagMan in Philly
10-15-2010, 08:36 AM
Giants in five over Philly --

That is BOLD!

cjm720
10-15-2010, 08:56 AM
Steven Gray and Elias Harris are both All-Americans.

sittingon50
10-15-2010, 09:23 AM
Lindsay Lohan gets in trouble.

kylasdad
10-15-2010, 09:49 AM
The coaches finally get smart and come to GU boards for the advice they have been lacking. Because of their newfound wisdom, they coach their way into the final 4 (Thanks to all of us here). GU brings all GU boards members to the final 4 to show us their appreciation. When they are cutting down the nets, Coach Few resigns and asks Bobzag to be the new coach. 75 is the new bigs coach/recruiter and Jazz is the new guard coach/recruiter. WOOHOO is hired by the university to be the official "Gonzaga welcomer." Bobzag decides to coach by committee and allows polls on gu boards to determine the major coaching decisions.

MickMick
10-15-2010, 10:40 AM
Barring injury, Manny Arop will lead the WCC in rebounding.

Sam Dower will score 20+ in at least two games.

Kieta Mathis' defensive length will give Mickey McConnel fits at least once this year.

Monninghoff will emerge as a major contributer sooner rather than later.

San Diego will be better than everyone is predicting. They will show enough to be considered a contender the following season.

As stated earlier, Harris will seriously ponder returning if his play doesn't lock him into the top half of the first round. I think the scales are tipped towards another season at GU.

Zags win the WCC tournament over LMU. They win all post season games until they meet a #2 seed or higher. They do this despite a rough start in the CBE.

gozagswoohoo
10-15-2010, 10:40 AM
The coaches finally get smart and come to GU boards for the advice they have been lacking. Because of their newfound wisdom, they coach their way into the final 4 (Thanks to all of us here). GU brings all GU boards members to the final 4 to show us their appreciation. When they are cutting down the nets, Coach Few resigns and asks Bobzag to be the new coach. 75 is the new bigs coach/recruiter and Jazz is the new guard coach/recruiter. WOOHOO is hired by the university to be the official "Gonzaga welcomer." Bobzag decides to coach by committee and allows polls on gu boards to determine the major coaching decisions.

Pretty sure we have our winner right here!!!!!!

75Zag
10-15-2010, 10:43 AM
My prediction is that Harris goes 8th overall in NBA draft in June of 2011.

Not to cross talk, but in my opinion the only way Harris does not go in the next NBA draft is if he has a horrible season due to performance or otherwise. I am relying on EH to carry the Bulldogs on his back to the Elite 8, and will continue to assume he is gone, gone, gone after this year.

Go Bulldogs!

23dpg
10-15-2010, 11:18 AM

What you got?

My prediction? That most of us will groan when reading your first prediction. Hyland transferring? Really? Before he ever practices with the team? Cmon 810.
Welcome to the GU Boards Keegan.

U Zig, I Zag
10-15-2010, 11:31 AM
1. Steven wins a Tony
2. Steven wins WCC player of the year, despite
3. Harris leading in several categories for WCC and is AA-listing late into the season.
4. Barring some NBA breakdown or injury, Elias is gone
5. We don't lose a WCC game (recruiting is up a notch, we start complete dominance NOW and set an example for the '11 kids)
6. Early OOC is rougher than expected... we settle in. 3-losses would be awesome. 4-6 is more likely.
7. Manny is the breakout star. Kelly becomes more clutch and moves with greater precision and determination.
8. Steven smothers 99% of the guys he covers.
9. Mathis steps up, more than expected (see what I did there?).
10. Overall improvement from everyone (Rob, Kelly, Meech, etc).
11. Starting PG for game one is not who starts game 10.
12 EE.

HOOTER
10-15-2010, 01:16 PM
Rough start with some tough non-conf losses, ensure another trip to the tourney with an auto-bid, get another 8 seed and lose to the 1 seed in the second round...

...Or...

...The team gels early and plays as a well oiled machine, the younger players adapt to the system perfectly and perform beyond expectations, the vets step up their game from last year and dominate, they go into the tourney as a top 3 seed and advance to the final 4.

Not sure.

former1dog
10-15-2010, 01:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1TxiVhrkZA

a13coach
10-15-2010, 01:45 PM
Lindsay Lohan gets in trouble.

The title of the thread is BOLD prediction.

sittingon50
10-15-2010, 01:49 PM
My bad, a13! Must be a reading comprehension thing.

;)

Reborn
10-15-2010, 02:15 PM
Gonzaga will defeat 3 teams in the top 10 this year; and will defeat two in the top 20.

Gonzaga defeats a #2 seed in the NCAA tournament.

Gonzaga beats Duke finally.

810Suited
10-15-2010, 02:40 PM
My prediction? That most of us will groan when reading your first prediction. Hyland transferring? Really? Before he ever practices with the team? Cmon 810.
Welcome to the GU Boards Keegan.

I think he ends up at Vermont, that's not being negative or hating on him. I just think he is going to get recruited over and end up at the first school he committed to. Fwiw I am a big fan of him, and was before he was ever being recruited by Gonzaga.

Great responses so far.

Zag79
10-15-2010, 11:09 PM
11. Starting PG for game one is not who starts game 10.

bet you have one wrong already. i dont see it, as in anything that would make carter even a thought to replace meech. best thing he did all night was hit threes in warm ups. meech was faster, stronger, a better defender, got to the rack with ease, hit his fts, made good passes... it wouldnt be a question in my mind if i was coach.

Gonzaga will defeat 3 teams in the top 10 this year; and will defeat two in the top 20.

Gonzaga defeats a #2 seed in the NCAA tournament.

Gonzaga beats Duke finally.

i like this...

Zag79
10-15-2010, 11:15 PM
:000tens:

Gin N GUice
10-16-2010, 05:20 AM
Steven Gray and Elias Harris are both All-Americans.

Close, both average over 18ppg, with Elias grabbing 9bpg and Gray dishing 5apg, but the real headliner here is meech with 10 assists...........for the season!

SunDevilGolfZag
10-16-2010, 06:26 AM
Mike Hart will play a key role.

Monninghoff will be a major contribitor and also make the elite GU "all hair" team.:)

gustudentmd
10-16-2010, 08:02 AM
Monninghoff wins a Dolph Lundgren look alike contest and leaves GU early for Hollywood.

MickMick
02-17-2011, 01:08 PM
Pre season mind you.

I was way off on a couple of things :)