PDA

View Full Version : Final 2007 Player Rankings For Rivals

CDC84
05-22-2007, 02:53 PM
http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?SID=910&Year=2007&ra_key=1611

The team rankings will be released later this week. Gonzaga figures to be around the top 10. As for the 3 talented freshmen that will be appearing on campus in July:

#25 Austin Daye
#61 Steven Gray
#96 Robert Sacre

I believe Gray and Sacre dropped a couple of spots. Daye stayed at the same spot. It's worth noting that based on what I have been able to decipher, Sacre is the only international prep player in the top 100. There is one international player ranked at #140 that's going to LSU, but that's it from
101-150 (again, based on what I can see). Given how little exposure Rob has received here in the States, the #96 ranking is nothing to sneeze at.

BTW....Tyrone Shelley (Pepperdine) finished at #64, and Scott Thompson (SCU) finished at #127.

BobZag
05-22-2007, 05:19 PM
[QUOTE][/Sacre is the only international prep player in the top 100. There is one international player ranked at #140 that's going to LSU, but that's it QUOTE]

First, great job by Coach Few to make all 3 of his recruits in the top 150. Clearly, the door is open into the hearts and imaginations of 16-18 year old multi-star prospects. Zags have arrived through the front door.

CDC, I think that Rivals is likely a North American publication excluding international players off of the Continent. Otherwise, how would you exclude the well publicized Australians of AIS? Just a thought. :)

You're right, MJ. Axel Dench belongs in there. :p j/k

CDC84
05-22-2007, 06:47 PM
CDC, I think that Rivals is likely a North American publication excluding international players off of the Continent. Otherwise, how would you exclude the well publicized Australians of AIS? Just a thought

Oh yes MJGoGaels....we're very well aware of who Mr. Mills is :)

That was an oversight on my part. Apologies.

Bocco
05-22-2007, 08:13 PM
I have to stop and pinch myself....
........just to make sure I'm not dreaming.

It wasn't that long ago I was hoping GU could land just one top 100 recruit, and this year we get three. Who know perhaps the time isn't far off and we find ourselves with three top fifty recruits.

It sure is a great time to be a Zag!

BobZag
05-24-2007, 10:22 AM
Beware of Wookies. If you watch Revenge of the Sith, Axel is the Wookie that leads the charge against the droids, pumping his weapon over his head. Pretty cool to know it's Axel under all that hair. :)

I've heard nothing but good things about Mills. Wazzu's Baynes is the real deal, too, an AIS product.