• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mobetta
    Bulldog Fan
    • Sep 2007

how to get tickets to the kennel?

Even though I have only posted on here a few times, I have been reading this board almost daily for 3 years. I came on board when my neighbor, Steven Gray, joined the Zags. I would have never expected to become as addicted to this basketball team like I have become. However, I have never been in the kennel and I feel that my Zag fanhood is missing a critical aspect of rooting for this team

So, I am going to plan a trip to Spokane to watch the Zags at home in the kennel. It will have to be a Saturday game. I am considering Portland on 1-8, LMU on 1-15, San Diego on 1-29 and San Francisco on 2-19. My companions would like to go the the game, too, but if I can only get one ticket, then they will entertain themselves at a sports bar or something like that.

Can anyone help me to get between 1-4 tickets? Can anyone advise me, on how to get tickets? I'll be planning my trip after I secure ticket(s).

Thank you for any help you might provide and also, thank you for keeping me entertained and off the streets for the last 3 years. It has been quite a ride. I think the best is yet to come.
  • U Zig, I Zag
    Zag for Life
    • Mar 2009

Quite honestly, if you were neighbors with Steven your best bet (if you still have contact with the family) is just asking Steven. I know people that get tickets from the players and sit up behind the bench a bit - not sure if the players get some to hand out, for family, etc.

On a day to day basis the tickets are hard to come by. As games approach they show up on craigslist or sometimes on here, but you have to jump on them right away. As you can imagine, it's a tough ticket to get your hands on...

Comment

• Shanachie
      Kennel Club
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by U Zig, I Zag View Post

On a day to day basis the tickets are hard to come by. As games approach they show up on craigslist or sometimes on here, but you have to jump on them right away. As you can imagine, it's a tough ticket to get your hands on...
      Actually, if your connections fail you, there are tickets to just about every game available on ebay. (Most are on Stub Hub too, but they tend to be more expensive from what I've seen.) I don't know what you're willing to pay, but since you seem to have some flexibility as to what game you target, I'd bet that you could probably score a pair for $100-200.

Tickets to home games will start popping up on ebay when season ticket holders receive their tickets, and more will be listed as each game approaches.

Comment

• mobetta
        Bulldog Fan
        • Sep 2007

thank you

Thank you U Zig and Shenachie. I will try my connection to Steven first. I haven't seen Steven for over a year, but, I do see his best friend from high school occasionally, so that might work. If it doesn't work, I'll start watching Craig's list, Ebay and Stubhub. Where there is a will, there is a . . . ticket?

Comment

• zaguarxj
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Bulldog Club

When you join the Bulldog Club, do you get opportunities to purchase returned or unused tickets that are not available to the general public? The games that are held when the students are off-campus do not seem to be 100% sold-out (or at least do not seem to be 100% attended).

Comment

Originally posted by zaguarxj View Post
            When you join the Bulldog Club, do you get opportunities to purchase returned or unused tickets that are not available to the general public? The games that are held when the students are off-campus do not seem to be 100% sold-out (or at least do not seem to be 100% attended).
            Nope. The only thing you get is the right to try to purchase tickets over the phone the Wednesday before the game. These would be tickets not claimed by students or staff, or possibly by opposing teams. The empty seats would most likely be season ticket holders who don't show up.

ZaGranny

Comment

• 75Zag
              Zag for Life
              • Mar 2007

K2 Tickets

My advice is that you should not waste your time trying to get tickets to GU games at K2. Don't bid at Ebay, don't buy at Stub-Hub, and stay away from Craig's List.

Repeat after me. I will not buy. I will not bid. I don't want those stinkin' GU tickets.

And of course, if you see any tempting deals on GU tickets at any source, PM me immediately so that I can take immediate steps to further protect your best interests.

Go Bulldogs! Tiny But Terrific!
              Do not go gentle into that good night,
              Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
              Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Comment

• zaguarxj
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ID ZAGFAN View Post
                Nope. The only thing you get is the right to try to purchase tickets over the phone the Wednesday before the game. These would be tickets not claimed by students or staff, or possibly by opposing teams.

ZaGranny
                Can *anyone* try to call the Wednesday before the game, or do you have to be a Bulldog Club member?

Comment

Bdc

Bull Dog Club members only.

GU emails members the Tuesday before the next game and lets you know if there are tickets available. The Wednesday at 9:00 am they start taking calls. Usually by about 10 they are sold out.

Note on BDC: BDC is a $250 donation. 80% of this is deductible from income taxes as a charity. You get news emails all year and the opportunity to buy tickets pre-pre sale. (This year I signed on to buy tickets to BIS, RMHC, and WCC tournament in July. I have ordered BIS and WCC. We should get info about buying tickets to RMHC this month.)

ZaGranny

Comment

• Zag79
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

mine just show up in the mail every year!

Comment

• zagsmyboys
                      Kennel Club Material
                      • Mar 2009

99.9999999% of the time if you stand outside the front doors holding a sign that says "need one ticket" someone in line will have an extra. Either the wife, kid etc....didnt go. Truely!!! Im not to proud to beg when it comes to GU!!!!!!

GO ZAGS!!!!!!

Comment

• DZ
                        Zag for Life
                        • Sep 2007

Have to disagree about disregarding K2. The above is accurate about standing with a sign needing one, it is doable for just about every game, for the reasons cited above.

If you are a true fan and have a job and can feed your family and have the disposable income to come all the way over here, it is worth the trip to do once in a lifetime AND if you are going to do it once in your life, you darn sure want to do it when the students are in school, b/c it is just .2 if the (K) Kennel club is not there. It is a fantastic experience that you simply cannot appreciate on TV.

LMU is supposed to be pretty good this year and that might make it a very tough(er) ticket. I would look at Portland. If LMU is really good, I can tell you that I was offered $750 for two tickets to WSU several years ago (the game was not on regular TV), they were my parent's tickets and given to us so we did not consider it, but had I owned the tickets I think I would have gone and watched the game having a very nice meal paid for by the proceeds. Most of the time a hundred dollar bill will assure you of one ticket.

Lastly, if Steven can get you tickets, then definitely go to the LMU game!
                        Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                        Mark Twain.

Comment

• tyrone
                          Redshirt
                          • Nov 2008

mobetta, check your private message please.

Comment

• mobetta
                            Bulldog Fan
                            • Sep 2007

I've got my promise of tickets.

Thank you to everyone who commented. And, as I mentioned before, thank you to everyone who posts on here. I have enjoyed reading your posts immensely during the last three years, especially the basketball ones.

I've gotten a promise for tickets to the LMU game behind the LMU bench. Steven and my mutual friend has connections there. I'll be the one wearing Zag gear.

Keep up the good and creative work everyone.

Comment

Working...
                            X