PDA

View Full Version : Krazyness stream?

primal23
10-11-2010, 10:35 AM
Anyone going to be streaming this on Friday, for those of us without ESPNU? Philly did such an awesome job last year, kept me sane being able to watch the games(to which my wife both thanks and dislikes him for lol).

outrunu
10-11-2010, 11:33 AM
If ZMIP isn't doing it, check atdhe.net or justin TV

ZagMan in Philly
10-14-2010, 07:07 AM
It is almost here...the moment we are all waiting for since last March.
I am so excited, and I just can't hide it....:drool:

For those who are unable to watch the Midnight Madness on TV ESPNU...Come and join me here:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/gonzaga-basketball1

(passcode to watch: madness) Doing this to keep the riff raffs OUT!

What an exciting weekend coming up, Zags, Phillies, NFL and college football, NBA is warming up, and NHL has started....

Phillyzag!

jazzdelmar
10-14-2010, 07:11 AM
you are the man, phil. will this be the setup all season? luv ur phils but rooting agst when they play yanks.....:)

For those who are unable to watch the Midnight Madness on TV ESPNU...Come and join me here:

What an exciting weekend coming up, Zags, Phillies, NFL and college football, NBA is warming up, and NHL has started....

Phillyzag!

ZagMan in Philly
10-14-2010, 07:15 AM
you are the man, phil. will this be the setup all season? luv ur phils but rooting agst when they play yanks.....:)

Jazz, that site will be up all season, if i could help it.

The Evil Empire will be tamed!

gozagswoohoo
10-14-2010, 07:38 AM

Phillyzag!

I've never had to use your stream Philly, but just wanted to say that it's freakin amazing that you do this for the zags fans. Seriously. That's so cool of you.

ZonaZag
10-14-2010, 08:30 AM
Philly,

What kind of stream is this? Is it Flash? Is there any way you can make iPhone/iPad (HLS) compatible stream?

I have a Roku box and to watch content from UStream or JustinTV or anything like that it needs to be in a compatible format. Flash is not supported.

Also, does this mean you are not going to do the JustinTV stream this year?

Thanks for the streams, we appreciate it.

ridgebackzag
10-14-2010, 09:05 AM
^ Jailbreak?

cjm720
10-14-2010, 10:00 AM

Phillyzag!

thank you thank you thank you!!!!

Go zags!!!

ZagMan in Philly
10-14-2010, 10:04 AM
Philly,

What kind of stream is this? Is it Flash? Is there any way you can make iPhone/iPad (HLS) compatible stream?

I have a Roku box and to watch content from UStream or JustinTV or anything like that it needs to be in a compatible format. Flash is not supported.

Also, does this mean you are not going to do the JustinTV stream this year?

Thanks for the streams, we appreciate it.

Zona, I am using this to stream:
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashmediaserver/flashmediaencoder/

What does Roku box or Iphone/Ipad supported format if not flash? Perhaps i can create an APP and sell it ;)

JustinTV will be the backup plan.

jazzdelmar
10-14-2010, 10:48 AM
html5 is ipads vid format....a zags app wd be awesome....put me down for $100

heres why unkle steve hates flash

http://www.macworld.com/article/150926/2010/04/jobs_flash.html

a13coach
10-14-2010, 11:05 AM

I would not say Jobs hates flash, merely that it puts a spur to him when asked why Apple's mobile devices do not support flash. I think it is a good decision. I do not care for flash, besides not having all the tools but it is bloated.

ZagMan in Philly
10-14-2010, 11:31 AM

Jazz,
did you try this?
http://www.ustream.tv/mobile/viewer

i don't own iphone or ipad so i can't try it out...

jazzdelmar
10-14-2010, 11:53 AM
phil, can get in on my ipad but still doesnt play flash.....

gozagswoohoo
10-14-2010, 12:03 PM
Jazz,
did you try this?
http://www.ustream.tv/mobile/viewer

i don't own iphone or ipad so i can't try it out...

I have that app on my iPhone, and if I'm able to watch the zags on it, I will pay you hundreds of dollars!!!

Okay...so I made that last part up....but I will be VERY, VERY happy with you!!!

jazzdelmar
10-14-2010, 12:07 PM
i can get the app too on my ipad...but it looks like it wont play flash.....but if it can, i will go to $5 hung

gozagswoohoo
10-14-2010, 12:16 PM
i can get the app too on my ipad...but it looks like it wont play flash.....but if it can, i will go to $5 hung

jazz, look up on Youtube "itransmogrify". I think that's what it's called. But anyways, I did it, and I can watch most flash stuff on my iphone now.

iTransmogrify

It's a little tricky, but once it's downloaded, you save it in your 'bookmarks'. Then, when you are on a page that has flash, you open the iTransmogrify bookmark, and its supposed to play it.

ZagMan in Philly
10-14-2010, 12:18 PM
I have that app on my iPhone, and if I'm able to watch the zags on it, I will pay you hundreds of dollars!!!

Okay...so I made that last part up....but I will be VERY, VERY happy with you!!!

woohoo, i am doing some test now, and streaming...see if you can watch the below channel on your iphone now...

gozagswoohoo
10-14-2010, 12:22 PM
woohoo, i am doing some test now, and streaming...see if you can watch the below channel on your iphone now...

It says its password protected?

ZagMan in Philly
10-14-2010, 12:28 PM
It says its password protected?

password: madness

gozagswoohoo
10-14-2010, 12:30 PM
Crap. Viewing it perfectly on my computer, but not working on the iPhone.

I don't understand why I can't find it using my UStream iPhone app either though???

ZagMan in Philly
10-14-2010, 12:35 PM
Crap. Viewing it perfectly on my computer, but not working on the iPhone.

I don't understand why I can't find it using my UStream iPhone app either though???

yes, Apple products won't work with flash, that is why you can not view it on your iphone. There is another way to stream that may work with Apple products...i am going to try it later....stay tuned..

Salsageek
10-14-2010, 12:39 PM
did anyone try broadcasting with veetle.com? I can watch Monday Night Football on my iPhone without using any special app.

ZagMan in Philly
10-14-2010, 12:44 PM
did anyone try broadcasting with veetle.com? I can watch Monday Night Football on my iPhone without using any special app.

i am looking into veetle...

gozagswoohoo
10-14-2010, 12:52 PM
Okay, so while I was messing with this Ustream app on my iPhone, I discovered that I can broadcast live from my phone! Yeehaw! Poor quality, but still pretty neat.

I'll go live for a couple minutes from my office. Let me know if you guys can see this.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/gozagswoohoo

gozagswoohoo
10-14-2010, 12:56 PM
Did anyone see any of that?

Salsageek
10-14-2010, 12:56 PM
I can see you on my computer but not the iPhone. I saw you holding up Go Zags!

Okay, so while I was messing with this Ustream app on my iPhone, I discovered that I can broadcast live from my phone! Yeehaw! Poor quality, but still pretty neat.

I'll go live for a couple minutes from my office. Let me know if you guys can see this.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/gozagswoohoo

gozagswoohoo
10-14-2010, 12:58 PM
I can see you on my computer but not the iPhone. I saw you holding up Go Zags!

Woohoo!!

Exciting! That was fun, haha

ZagMan in Philly
10-14-2010, 01:04 PM
i missed it....

gozagswoohoo
10-14-2010, 01:06 PM
i missed it....

I only had it up for 2 minutes or so. It's a little blotchy, but it could be fun to broadcast live from my phone if and when I'm ever back in Spokane. I wonder if it was recording sound? Hmm...

It probably wouldn't be a good idea to do sound though, seems like it was on at least a 1 second delay too...

cjm720
10-14-2010, 03:17 PM

Phillyzag!

Hey Philly, will I need to watch live or can I watch it on delay? thx mucho

ZagMan in Philly
10-14-2010, 03:39 PM
Hey Philly, will I need to watch live or can I watch it on delay? thx mucho

I will record it while streaming, so you can watch it on delay.

ZagMan in Philly
10-15-2010, 02:10 PM
bump!

will stream the midnight madness here:

http://www.justin.tv/zags_basketball_2010

passcode: madness

ronh_pm
10-15-2010, 04:55 PM
with the dollar the way it is Philly I could even afford to throw in dessert with that dinner if you ever make it up this way.

thanks again
Ron

GonzagasaurusFlex
10-15-2010, 05:06 PM
justintv stream up and running fine here in Brighton, MA!

Much appreciated

Baldwinzag
10-15-2010, 05:36 PM
the ESPNU coverage has been a major disappointment thus far. They've spent the past 15 mins showing a Billy Donovan interview with Andy Katz via RADIO. Are you kidding me?! If I wanted to listen to the radio, I wouldn't be watching online streams or paying good $$$ for ESPNU access on my TV!! Ridiculous and a slap in the face by ESPN, imo. I hope tonight's production improves sooner than later...

RenoZag
10-15-2010, 05:48 PM
The first 2010 -2011 instance of "STF Up Vitale" has been heard in the Reno man cave. . .

as has the first of many ESPN apologists ( Katz ) for UCon's Warden Calhoun.

sullyzag66
10-15-2010, 05:55 PM
the ESPNU coverage has been a major disappointment thus far. They've spent the past 15 mins showing a Billy Donovan interview with Andy Katz via RADIO. Are you kidding me?! If I wanted to listen to the radio, I wouldn't be watching online streams or paying good $$$ for ESPNU access on my TV!! Ridiculous and a slap in the face by ESPN, imo. I hope tonight's production improves sooner than later...
Not to mention that ESPNU broadcaster, Sean Farnham, announced he was at Gun-ZAH-ga.

Baldwinzag
10-15-2010, 06:01 PM
Not to mention that ESPNU broadcaster, Sean Farnham, announced he was at Gun-ZAH-ga.

Ditto; pretty lame overall by ESPN.

Instead of all these pointless(& countless) interviews they're choosing to show, I'd MUCH rather watch other teams' practices and scrimmages. If they aren't going to show much of Gonzaga's Madness, then so be it, but at least show me some freakin' college basketball being played!! I'd rather watch Duke's entire first practice then to watch another mind-numbing pre-taped and/or radio interview...major fail on behalf of the network, imho.

Baldwinzag
10-15-2010, 06:12 PM
Feeling much better now since I saw some actual Zag coverage. I may have overreacted a bit but doing OK now...:D

ZagMan in Philly
10-15-2010, 06:21 PM
can not wait till Nov 5 to watch them play...

RenoZag
10-15-2010, 06:38 PM
Thanks for posting the Link, ZagMan. . .

hooter73
10-15-2010, 06:53 PM
I am bored.

Zagpower
10-15-2010, 06:55 PM
Dick Vitale is talking in front of at least six photos of himself.

mee755
10-15-2010, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the stream. Spent some time watching it on my computer before remembering that I do get ESPNU on my tv. The chat was entertaining.

Baldwinzag
10-15-2010, 07:01 PM
Nope, spoke too soon. Just more interviews and absolutely ZERO basketball being shown. Like I said, I just want to see bball being played whether its GU or any other...give me some basketball, please!!!

Final4Zag
10-15-2010, 07:10 PM
Just got back from watching the Zags! Really impressed with Manny,he looks ready to go. Dower also looked good. The whole thing was too short, after standing in line for 2 hours.

ZagMan in Philly
10-15-2010, 07:13 PM
Just got back from watching the Zags! Really impressed with Manny,he looks ready to go. Dower also looked good. The whole thing was too short, after standing in line for 2 hours.

sounds good, more details...plz

DixieZag
10-15-2010, 07:34 PM
If ESPN cannot use some of that technology to allow each region to see their entire scrimmage then what in the world is the point. Yes, the interviews were tiresome, but I would have thought that each region would see their team's entire scrimmage. Oh well.

I hope someone who actually saw the kids play some starts a thread soon, b/c this is killing me.

RenoZag
10-15-2010, 07:47 PM
This telecast is the hors'd ouevre; the exhibition game will be the appetizer. From there out, it's entree time, baby !

SunDevilGolfZag
10-15-2010, 08:17 PM
If ESPN cannot use some of that technology to allow each region to see their entire scrimmage then what in the world is the point. Yes, the interviews were tiresome, but I would have thought that each region would see their team's entire scrimmage. Oh well.

I hope someone who actually saw the kids play some starts a thread soon, b/c this is killing me.

15 minute game; largely a stalemate; overall marginal basketball-wise when the team has not practiced together, but still fun to see all the players. The coaches had to be just praying no one would get injured. I was impressed with the court presence of newcomers Monninghoff and Keita. Monninghoff is long; also acts like he belongs out there. Arop is a stud. Harris still had the quick ups and may actually be 245 (muscle is heavy). All were really nice at the autograph line -- great bunch of young men

Robzagnut
10-15-2010, 08:48 PM
* Manny was a rebounding and scoring machine. He kept the blue team close. He was the most impressive player on the floor.

* Dower missed his first four shots mostly because it looked like Sacre knew his moves from playing against him for the past year. Then his shot starting dropping and he finished really strong. Hit all his free throws too.

* Sacre finished strong underneath and had a nice left handed shot. He looks a lot more polished.

* KO changed a number of shots with his length and got a piece of at least three shots. He started at PF with Harris at the SF spot on the white team.

* Nothing of particular note from the three foreigners other than Hoff hitting a three and the other Matt making the pass of the night. The level of athleticism they bring to this team is a joy to watch.

All in all this will be the deepest GU team in a long time. If the white team was the regular season starters Sacre, KO, Harris, Meech and Gray, then they've got a deep, versatile bench in Manny, Carter, Dower and a Matt or two adding defense or shooting. I'm sticking to my earlier prediction that there is no way that this team loses a WCC game this year. Too much size, strength and depth at all positions.

Ekrub
10-15-2010, 08:58 PM
* Manny was a rebounding and scoring machine. He kept the blue team close. He was the most impressive player on the floor.

* Dower missed his first four shots mostly because it looked like Sacre knew his moves from playing against him for the past year. Then his shot starting dropping and he finished really strong. Hit all his free throws too.

* Sacre finished strong underneath and had a nice left handed shot. He looks a lot more polished.

* KO changed a number of shots with his length and got a piece of at least three shots. He started at PF with Harris at the SF spot on the white team.

* Nothing of particular note from the three foreigners other than Hoff hitting a three and the other Matt making the pass of the night. The level of athleticism they bring to this team is a joy to watch.

All in all this will be the deepest GU team in a long time. If the white team was the regular season starters Sacre, KO, Harris, Meech and Gray, then they've got a deep, versatile bench in Manny, Carter, Dower and a Matt or two adding defense or shooting. I'm sticking to my earlier prediction that there is no way that this team loses a WCC game this year. Too much size, strength and depth at all positions.

I saw pretty much the same, but didn't notice the same level of athleticism from 'hoff.

MickMick
10-15-2010, 09:05 PM
As has been written before, Manny really stood out.

Confirms what I have felt all along. When Elias and Steven leave, Manny will be regarded as the best player on the team. The guy will absolutely score when called upon. As complete of a player as I have seen for GU. A real stud.
Gonna be a star.

I couldn't take my eyes off Kieta Mathis. His length and graceful movement is mesmerizing. He exudes swagger. He looks like a physical mismatch for the opposition. I think this kid is more than just a keeper.

No one else really popped out at me except the guys you would expect. Harris, Gray, Sacre.

TerpZag
10-15-2010, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the link tonight, ZM in Philly. Great job!

This telecast is the hors'd ouevre; the exhibition game will be the appetizer. From there out, it's entree time, baby !

Bon appetit!