PDA

View Full Version : UConn for 2008 Battle in Seattle ?

NorthoftheBorder
05-22-2007, 06:29 AM
If you look at the end of this article it mentions UConn playing the Zags in Seattle next season:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2003716673_cougars22.html

"John Hines, Northwest Sports and Entertainment promoter, says he is seeking opponents for both WSU and Gonzaga for this season at KeyArena, but has a tentative agreement that would bring Connecticut to Seattle late in 2008 as the return date for Gonzaga playing UConn on the East Coast this year"

..... but wasn't Memphis supposed to be the opponent for the Battle in Seattle next season?

ZagNut08
05-22-2007, 07:33 AM
Possibly, but if we can get UConn, I would rather keep Memphis scheduled during our conference play...likely at the spokane arena

BobZag
05-22-2007, 08:29 AM
Possibly, but if we can get UConn, I would rather keep Memphis scheduled during our conference play...likely at the spokane arena

What 08 said. Or delay Memphis a year to the 2009 BiS. But I'd prefer in Spokane.

CDC84
05-22-2007, 08:29 AM
Getting UConn for BiS in 2008 would be a huge thing. The Huskies should be dang good that season. Let's just hope they don't back out like so many other high profile programs have.

I'm still holding out hope that we can get a quality opponent for BiS this season. I have no idea who it's going to be.

MDABE80
05-22-2007, 11:45 AM
UConn is a premier game. I bet the BIS would sell out and be on national TV. CDC's right..UConn will be great then barring the usual defections. That season should display a great GU game too.
Memohis was such a good game last year AND good positioning in the schedule. We need this type of game prior to the Dance. I wish we had two games of high caliber prior to the NCAA's.