PDA

View Full Version : Clarification re: Sarbaugh

Baldwinzag
10-05-2010, 07:50 PM
Invited walk-on or scholarship athlete?

Reason I ask: I've noticed numerous articles referring to Sarbaugh's verbal "commitment" to Gonzaga and Scout, ESPN, & even Meehan mention him as being part of the 2011 guard coup alongside Pangos, Bell Jr, & Dranginis.

Initially, I was under the impression Mr. Sarbaugh was invited to walk-on and receive free tuition due to his family affiliation with the University, but recent news & updates suggest otherwise.

All that said, is Sarbaugh an official member of the 2011 class of recruits? :confused:

kitzbuel
10-05-2010, 07:58 PM
http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?p=591080#post591080

he will receive a tuition waiver
per Meehan.

Baldwinzag
10-05-2010, 08:07 PM
I've read all the previous threads, but the only information I've uncovered regarding his recruitment and commitment is a tuition waiver as mentioned in my post. However, with the recent commitments of Spangler and Pangos, ESPN, Scout, & Meehan have all stated these recruits are "joining Sarbaugh" as part of the 2011 class.

Its interesting considering I've never seen this kind of recognition and press for an invited walk-on in past years. Based on the information on ESPN, I'm beginning to presume he's an official recruit for GU.

kitzbuel
10-05-2010, 08:27 PM
He was likely a recruited walk on. Walk ons are still recruited and are recruits. He just doesn't have a basketball scholarship.