PDA

View Full Version : GU & OSU in Negotiations for 4 Game Series

Angelo Roncalli
05-21-2007, 11:13 AM
From an Oklahoma TV station's website:

Another interesting matchup in the works is a series with Gonzaga. The schools and ESPN are negotiating a four-year series that would start in 2007-08 in Stillwater and could possibly include a game in Spokane, a game in Oklahoma City and a game in Seattle.

http://newsok.com/article/3056624

kdaleb
05-21-2007, 11:31 AM
That would be really interesting... the last set of games vs OSU were both great games. Hopefully the Spokane game would be K2 and not the off-campus hockey arena.

former1dog
05-21-2007, 11:54 AM
:lmao:

Ha, I got really excited before opening this thread, thinking it was about Ohio State !

Kiddwell
05-21-2007, 12:06 PM
Kdaleb,

I'm with you in hoping for a K2 contest. More than that, I'm hoping ESPN says "Game Day" for that'n.

:]

BoltZag
05-21-2007, 12:09 PM
Ha, I got really excited before opening this thread, thinking it was about Ohio State !

Same here...OSU is Ohio State. OKST is Oklahoma State.

I would much prefer a series with the Buckeyes. That being said, I agree with kdaleb, both previous games were great...primarily, of course, because we won.

"Gonzaga comes back and somehow...SHOCKS Oklahoma State!"

kdaleb
05-21-2007, 12:12 PM
Same here...OSU is Ohio State. OKST is Oklahoma State.

wrong... tOSU is THE Ohio State University.

My first thought was actually that Angelo was talking about the Beavs.

ZagNut08
05-21-2007, 12:17 PM
I was thinking the beavers too, but oklahoma state would be a solid matchup

former1dog
05-21-2007, 12:21 PM
Lest anyone get the wrong impression, I'd be happy to have a 4 game series with Oklahoma State. For some reason, though, the prospect of playing Ohio State seemed a wee bit MORE exciting. I don't know why. Just my gut reaction.

CDC84
05-21-2007, 12:24 PM
If I were Gonzaga, I wouldn't agree to the series unless Oklahoma State agreed to play at K2 as a followup to the Stillwater game. Seattle is fine for one of the games if the return game for that is indeed Oklahoma City.

That all being said, the Cowboys did play at Pepperdine a couple of years ago. They are the type of program that I could see coming to K2 without much of a fuss.

I know I have mentioned this before, but I would really like to see DePaul and Gonzaga hook up for a home and home, with the 2007/08 game being at K2.

webspinnre
05-21-2007, 02:14 PM
This would be great. Many of my future in-laws are Cowboys, and I've greatly enjoyed our past games against them.

soonerterp
05-21-2007, 02:35 PM
The games vs. Oklahoma State in the past have been really good, competitive games (but since my in-Oklahoma allegiances are with the Sooners, here's to Gonzaga wins all the way in this series!)

I wouldn't have been so excited about a matchup between TOSU because Oden and Conley are NBA bound, and I've not paid much attention at who Coach Matta will be retaining from last year's team, or who he has incoming.

CDC84
05-21-2007, 02:46 PM
OSU is still going to be good next year, but they'll have a lot of young faces that I don't see having a Conley/Oden type impact. The best recruit of the lot is Burger Boy Kosta Koufos, who is a perimeter oriented big. By 2008/09, they should be back in a big way...the Buford/Mullens/Babbitt/Crater/Offutt 2008 class could be the best in the nation.

UberZagFan
05-22-2007, 12:43 PM
You mean to tell me that OK St. has room to fit us in on its schedule?

I just can't believe that's possible considering they play in the Big 12 and their conference is talking about a "challenge" with the Pac-10. I just don't see where they could fit little ol' GU in.

Plus, wouldn't you think a school like OK St. would want to play a more national out of conference schedule?

Bocco
05-22-2007, 03:42 PM
You mean to tell me that OK St. has room to fit us in on its schedule?

I just can't believe that's possible considering they play in the Big 12 and their conference is talking about a "challenge" with the Pac-10. I just don't see where they could fit little ol' GU in.

Plus, wouldn't you think a school like OK St. would want to play a more national out of conference schedule?
:lmao:

Anyone who puts a dig in at the expense of the Montlake Chickens is okay by me.