PDA

View Full Version : Big Man Rotation

jpwils
05-21-2007, 10:52 AM
What is our most likely rotation for the Big Men next year?

When will Heytvelt rejoin the team?

I suspect Heytvelt and Davis to end the year as our starters but
Kuso and Sacre to start at various points as well.

Any progress on Foster? He really seemed to be coming on at year's end last year.

Will Daye be used at PF or SF??
Could be that Daye becomes a starter by year's end as well.

roxdoc
05-21-2007, 12:03 PM
My guess is Kuso and Heytvelt at the start, with Davis first off the bench. With time Davis takes Kuso's start. Foster and Sacre off the bench in that order, but similar PT.

Downs at wing at first with Daye getting serious time off the bench.

ZagNut08
05-21-2007, 12:19 PM
I think we will see heytvelt starting but playing more an outside in game, utilizing him on the perimeter more. I believe theo will be starting by the end of the year, with sacre getting most of the backup minutes. Kuso and foster will be used when needed.

Depending on the team I think we could see only one big out there at times while running downs and daye on the perimeter.

Rubbadub
05-22-2007, 06:11 AM
I think we will see heytvelt starting but playing more an outside in game, utilizing him on the perimeter more. I believe theo will be starting by the end of the year, with sacre getting most of the backup minutes. Kuso and foster will be used when needed.

Depending on the team I think we could see only one big out there at times while running downs and daye on the perimeter.

I second this one.

RebornZag
05-22-2007, 06:23 AM
I think we need to include Pendo in this discussion. He's been playing the #4 spot almost his entire career. David finally got the playing time, and role on the team, to show what a great scorer he is. Pendo was definately a huge reason for the success GU had after Josh's suspension.

At 6'6" David is not your typical power forward, but he has shown that guts often make up for size. Pendo is as tough as they come, and he leaves it ALL on the court. He is Mr. Hustle. The question will be whether he starts or not. I kindof don't think he will because he's been such a great guy to bring huge energy off the bench. I think Josh will get the nod at the #4 spot, and Pendo will come off the bench. I think we could also see Daye playing some #4, and he will be solid at that position too.

spudzag
05-22-2007, 06:51 AM
It will be interesting to see where Brown get his minutes. I'm assuming I guess that he gets some time since bringing him cause someone to take an early exit. Maybe he spells Downs.

CDC84
05-22-2007, 08:32 AM
All I can say is that if you want to play some basketball at the 3, 4 or 5 for Gonzaga this season, you better play hard, and you better produce. Otherwise, you'll be sitting. There is a lot of quality depth.

Zagquette
05-22-2007, 08:44 AM
Who needs guards,

PG: Downs 6-8
SG: Daye 6-10
W: Josh 6-11
PF: Sacre 7-0
C: Foster 7-4

Not gonna happen, but could you imagine those dudes coming off the bench to start a game.

I think Pendo's days at the #4 are numbered. He will mainly play #3 this season. If he continues to shoot like he did at the end of the season, he might also play a considerable amount of time at the #2. Am I off base?

Peace

Zagdog71
05-22-2007, 10:58 AM
If the new comers develop quickly, I'd like to see lots of rotation. The issue should not be who starts but who contributes. We should be able to have lots of fresh players on the floor throughout a game.

MDABE80
05-22-2007, 11:54 AM
Don't forget Theo. He's a 6 ft 10 in leaper with good offense and great defense. I suspect he'll be in the mix if he plays like he can. I wouldn't be surprised to see Josh, Theo and Daye out on the court frequently. Tall lineup and they all can put good numbers up. Good shotblocking and rebounding too. It's a great time to be a Zag fan.

I love Pendo but he'll likely be seeing some time at the 2 or certainly the 3 this year depending on the needs. Remember he's a 25 ppg kid in HS so we know he can shoot. He did a tre"pendo"us (variant of tremendous) job in the past 6 games last year. He'll be ready. I'm just soooo fired up for this year's team. Abe

roxdoc
05-22-2007, 12:18 PM
What makes it so devilish difficult (we should be so lucky) for fans and I'm sure the coaches are the many permutations we could have next year:

Sacre 5
Foster 5
Kuso 5 or 4
Davis 5 or 4
Heytvelt 4
Daye 4, 3 or 2?
Pendo 3, 4 or 2?
Brown 3 or 4
Downs 3, 2, or 4?
LG 3 or 2
Gray 2
Bouldin 2, 1, or 3?
Pargo 1 or 2

We have to leave it up to the coaches to figure out the right scheme of things. Inexperience and injuries are factors that could come into play but whoever your weakest link is in this group has already shown (or will show by say mid-seasn) that they can play with anybody. It aint the people folks its the mix and the chemistry. The possibilities just give you chills!