• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OZZY
    Zag for Life
    • Aug 2009

Double figures!

In the expectation thread I stated that we needed more contribution from the bench this year, both in minutes and points. Given that only four players averaged in double figure scoring last year I would like to think that the team might have as many as six this year.

Gray
    Harris
    Sacre
    Manny
    Kelly
    Sam/Marquise/Meech.

Some of my fellow Zagfanatics might disagree and wish for four again and higher averages......

I'm attaching a poll to this and would be interested in hearing anyone else's ideas/opinions. Please let us not make it into a negative thread about any one player, but a positive one about how many we will have.
    three. Concentrated scoring from the big three!
    45.00%
    four
    42.00%
    five
    3.00%
    six. spread out like the pt.
    2.00%
    lots! FF here we come!
    3.00%
    two
    5.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by OZZY; 09-23-2010, 03:57 PM.
  • Ekrub
    Zag for Life
    • Dec 2009

Gray
    Harris
    Sacre
    Olynyk

All double figures.

W/ Carter pushing near that 10/pts a game mark

Comment

• HOOTER
      Zag for Life
      • Oct 2007

3 (Gray, Sacre and Harris) getting big points. Many others making solid contributions though.

Comment

• gu03alum
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

more cow bell
        Bring back the OCC

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
          Administrator
          • Apr 2009

I envision Gray, Harris, and Sacre as the only players to average double figures, but this is not because the other players aren't good enough. I just envision a lot more balance with K.O., Carter, Arop, Dower, and Monninghoff taking turns as the fourth and fifth scorers on any given night. I foresee a lot of nights where the big three combine for 45-50 and the rest of the team combines for 35-40.
          “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• MickMick
            Zag for Life
            • Apr 2007

The minimum option is 3? I'm going to say 2.

So I didn't vote.

I think Harris and Gray average double figures and I think those two will score in bunches. KO and Dower steal points from Rob. Fouls will keep Rob from averaging more than a dozen but that is ok. I want him aggressive and the other bigs will fill in nicely. A couple of players will emerge (ie. Monninghoff, Hyland, Carter, etc.) that are more of a pure scorer than Manny and will likewise steal points. I still want Manny on the floor alot because he can contribute in many ways to include scoring.

Zags will probably average in the high 70's - low 80's, but after Harris and Gray take a big chunk, I look for the scoring to be spread out over the remaining players. Any one remaining player could pop off for 15+ but I think it rotates around.
            I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• HOOTER
              Zag for Life
              • Oct 2007

Originally posted by MickMick View Post
              Fouls will keep Rob from averaging more than a dozen
              You can average a dozen or less and still be in double figures. Just sayin'

Comment

• dim4sum
                Banned
                • Jun 2007

double figures

If Rob can average double figures on the boards, he will have fulfilled his mission as the man in the middle. I expect double figure points from Gray, Harris and Kelly, with an occasional double-double from Kelly, assuming he has gotten rid of last year's timidity and plays the game with passion and fearlessness.

Comment

• OZZY
                  Zag for Life
                  • Aug 2009

Sorry MM I didn't even think of the possibility of two, but I don't know how to edit the poll........

I can't see Manny not scoring in double figures this year.....

Comment

• RenoZag
                    Super Moderator
                    • Feb 2007

Ozzy, I added "two" in there for you. . .

I hope we have at least 4. . .
                    The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• 23dpg
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Too late Reno. I would have voted for 2 but chose 3 figuring it was 3 or less. I'm sure others did too.
                      Birds aren’t real.

Comment

• MickMick
                        Zag for Life
                        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by HOOTER View Post
                        You can average a dozen or less and still be in double figures. Just sayin'
                        Yep. I think a dozen is optimistic. If you count Dower, KO, and Sacre combined, I think the position averages 25-30. I think Dower will end up being the biggest point producer of the three by season's end and the combined tally could gradually increase.
                        I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• OZZY
                          Zag for Life
                          • Aug 2009

Thanks

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
                          Ozzy, I added "two" in there for you. . .

I hope we have at least 4. . .
                          Thanks for that Reno,appreciate the help.

Comment

• HOOTER
                            Zag for Life
                            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by MickMick View Post
                            Yep. I think a dozen is optimistic. If you count Dower, KO, and Sacre combined, I think the position averages 25-30. I think Dower will end up being the biggest point producer of the three by season's end and the combined tally could gradually increase.
                            That's fair. I could see Sacre averaging more rebounds than points. If he could average double digit rebounds and maybe around 8 points a game it would be a very successful season for him. I'm going to be optimistic (as I am every year at this time) and say he averages a double-double.

Comment

• CanadianZagFan
                              Professional Zag Fan
                              • Jul 2008

Funny how many people are down on Rob and his scoring potential. He had a very normal season last year and put up 10.3 ppg. I know Dower and Olynyk will be contributing more, but we did loose a total of 26.5 ppg with Matt, Will and the transfers gone, I did not include Poling in that total as he only played 6 games.

I don't see Robs minutes dipping any, they should go up a bit if any and there is no reason his production should change. With the emergence of Kelly this summer and the addition of Dower this could actually help out Rob as he will get to play with real bigs more often and we see Harris and one of Kelly/Dower lined up as forwards with Rob in the middle. I think this will bring more offensive rebounding opportunities and some easy buckets.

To me Harris, Gray and Rob are locks to score in double figures, I feel either Kelly or Manny can get there as well. Carter could prove to be a surprise getting 10 plus ppg as well, I will vote for 4, but it could easily be 5 and I will not be surprised.

Comment

Working...
                              X