PDA

View Full Version : Campaign for Zags-EOU

azzagfan
05-20-2007, 09:17 PM
Since the rule banning the exhibition games, we're all aware that the Zags normally schedule an NAIA team for their early season warm ups. I'm beginning a campaign to convince the coaching staff to schedule this year against Eastern Oregon University. Why you ask (I thought you might)?

EOU is coached by a CV-alum Ryan Looney
EOU has on its roster Kyle Janke (West Valley), Jeremy Templeton (Ferris), Josh Landsverk (Shadle) and this year their recruits are Nate Bligh (CdA), Beau Azadganian (G-Prep) and Nick Ambrose (CV) (a little home cooking for all these guys could make it more interesting to the local crowd)
EOU set a school record with 23 wins last year and played EWU very tough in Cheney
EOU only lost 2 players from last year's team that made it to the finals of the Cascade Collegiate Association Tournament
Come on, who's on the bandwagon? Let's start a petition!

sittingon50
05-20-2007, 09:28 PM
Sounds like they could smoke us. I say STEER CLEAR!!:D

spkngrl
05-20-2007, 10:47 PM
Ha, I graduated from Shadle with Josh Landsverk. I had wondered what had happened to him. That kid is a MONSTER. Not only did he play basketball, but he was also pretty dang good at football and track. I didn't go to a lot of basketball games, but watching him on the football field I wouldn't want to make him angry. OTOH, after having a few classes with him, Josh is probably one of the sweetest guys you'll ever meet. :)

MickMick
05-21-2007, 04:40 AM
Rule banning exhibition games? What does this mean for RPI/SOS?

Zagdog71
05-21-2007, 08:48 AM
I'll renew this request which was posted at the end of a long thread -
Would someone please post the Mens' schedule as far as it is known now. Thanks.

brasszag
05-21-2007, 10:06 AM
Rule banning exhibition games? What does this mean for RPI/SOS?

Exhibitions did not affect SOS or RPI - but if a school decides to put another warmup game or twu into their real schedule it will impact them vs a school that doesn't.

NorthoftheBorder
05-21-2007, 10:17 AM
By "Exhibition Games" , azzagfan is referring to the one or two games in early November that used to be against a collection of recent college grads who put together teams for the sole purpose of playing these exhibition games (the Portland Packers). These type of games have been banned but Div 1 schools can still play exhibition games (2 max?) against other educational institutions that do not count in their win-loss and the stats don't count for the players.

As a result, a lot of schools are now heading up to Canada to play their two "exhibition games".

Out of conference games against other Div 1 schools are not affected. These are not considered to be "exhibition games", just "out of conference" games.

P.S. The ban came as a result of Rudy Gay's handlers being affiliated with one of these "amateur" men's teams. Gay's people demanded a large fee for their team to play UConn in an exhibition game. In return for this fee, Rudy Gay was delivered to UConn.

LongIslandZagFan
05-21-2007, 11:55 AM
P.S. The ban came as a result of Rudy Gay's handlers being affiliated with one of these "amateur" men's teams. Gay's people demanded a large fee for their team to play UConn in an exhibition game. In return for this fee, Rudy Gay was delivered to UConn.

UConn is SUCH a clean program. Sorry if the SJU in me is coming out... but I just cannot stand Jim Calhoun or UConn.