PDA

View Full Version : NY Gauchos win Arizona Cactus Classic

BobZag
05-20-2007, 03:03 PM
http://www.azcactusclassic.com/gamestats07/p0001000238.html

Click on link to view Jordan Theodore's stats.

Looking forward to reading azzagfan's report. Considering their last three games were over 80 points, and the Championship game was 102-96, I'm curious about JT's performances. Thanks in advance, azzagfan.

RebornZag
05-20-2007, 03:36 PM
congrats to Jordon Theodore. Also to Siva, one of our Washington kids. He ended up the 4th top scorer in the tournament.

Here are some stats from the tournament:

Theodore ranked ahead of both True Holiday and Drew in Assists, Steals and Free Throw %. In the head to head match between the two teams Theodore got 16 and Holiday got 11 (I wonder of Theodore guarded him).

Theodore ranked 3rd in steals for the whole tournament.
He ranked 4th in assists, and 5th in Free Throw % at 89.9%.

I think the most important statistic is that his team won the tournament. DeRozan did well. His team, Belmont, made it to the finals against the Gouchos (He was the 9th best overall scorer). Belmont's team lost to Tinsley's team in the last tournament in double overtime. Too bad Tinsley's team wasn't in this tournament. I did see where Isaiah Thomas was in the tournament. He ended up as the 7th top scorer at 20.? per game. His team was 3-2. Siva ended up the 4th top scorer at 24 pt per game. Also at 3-2.

Again. What do you want? Offense or Defense. Remember....defense wins championships.....and so does being a team player.

BobZag
05-20-2007, 04:19 PM
http://www.azcactusclassic.com/gamestats07/p0001000238.html

Click on link to view Jordan Theodore's stats.

Looking forward to reading azzagfan's report. Considering their last three games were over 80 points, and the Championship game was 102-96, I'm curious about JT's performances. Thanks in advance, azzagfan.

Again, thanks in advance, azzagfan, for your in-person observations today.

azzagfan
05-20-2007, 07:35 PM
I posted much of my observations on another post, but here's a bit more;
First on point guards

Rank
1 - Brandon Jennings (real deal, the team thing may not be his strong point, although he played shooting guard for the game I watched)
2 - Kemba Walker (really impressed me, athletic and strong)
3 - Peyton Siva (impressed me with both his shooting and athleticism although he also played shooting guard for most of this tourney)
4 - Larry Drew/Jordan Theodore (neither overly impressed me, but are the most point guard-oriented of anyone on the list, i.e. pass first shoot second)
other - Darian Norris (not much to say on him and there were many point guards better than him at the tourney)

Best players I saw

1 - Jennings
2 - Reeves Nelson (everyone was salivating over this guy's game)
3 - Jeremy Tyler (his team advanced to the semis with 4 sophs-to-be playing serious minutes)
4 - Walker
5 - Siva
6 - Roberto Nelson
7 - Demar Derozan (he looks to penetrate every time he touches the ball, if he passes it's on accident, but he is very athletic and can score)