PDA

View Full Version : watching the zags games on the internet for the 10-11 season

ZagsGoZags
09-13-2010, 10:39 PM
I ran several searches for this in the blog and couldn't find the info

I have always had the full Cable before, so it was never an issue for me until now

can people pay money to see the game live on their PC?

can people see the game free from a website, after it's over?

any help will be appreciated

jazzdelmar
09-14-2010, 04:49 AM
great question. other than phillyzag's jerry-rigged set up, theres been nothing.....i have been clamoring for a Zag Ipad-Phone app that offers games -- for a fair price. Or even a WCC app.....Any help?

titopoet
09-14-2010, 05:07 AM
I don't own a TV. When I moved to Vail 20 years ago, I found there was to much to do in the mountains, and being a ski bum, I didn't see the need for spending the monthly rate for cable. In Vail, that is the only way to see TV. So, I got out of the habit of TV.

All of which to say that I have never had any problem pulling up the game on the internet. There is no one place as many of the games are on ESPN and then you have to use ESPN 3. You can always pull those games afterward as well. For the other games, I have to kiss the feet of Phillyzag, he streams the game on justin.tv and then later places it on youtube.

Phillyzag, man, you bring tears to my eyes. You are the man.

titopoet
09-14-2010, 05:18 AM
great question. other than phillyzag's jerry-rigged set up, theres been nothing.....i have been clamoring for a Zag Ipad-Phone app that offers games -- for a fair price. Or even a WCC app.....Any help?

The problem is not technology but licensing. Many of the games are on ESPN that owns the rights. FOX and KHQ own the rights to the other games. Espn 3.com, I think, works on the Iphone and Ipad.

Fox does not have an app that I am aware of, but justin.ty does http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/justin-tv/id358612216?mt=8

jazzdelmar
09-14-2010, 05:37 AM
thx T, will run that down....much admire ur lifestyle...i have same, only in sunny del mar.....wifey requires tv tho, but my ipad is my main thing

titopoet
09-14-2010, 06:40 AM
thx T, will run that down....much admire ur lifestyle...i have same, only in sunny del mar.....wifey requires tv tho, but my ipad is my main thing

Thanks Jazzdelmar, though the reason I gave up TV was less ideological and more practical. I hated that experience of turning on the TV and looking for something interesting...clicking channel after channel after channel after channel after channel after channel...and not finding anything...then turning it off only to find that I just wasted 3 hours of my life.

jazzdelmar
09-14-2010, 06:49 AM
Thanks Jazzdelmar, though the reason I gave up TV was less ideological and more practical. I hated that experience of turning on the TV and looking for something interesting...clicking channel after channel after channel after channel after channel after channel...and not finding anything...then turning it off only to find that I just wasted 3 hours of my life.

agree...and at 170 bux a month...btw, the app for justin has some bad ratings....and my internet provider TWarner doesnt offer espn3....

ZagsGoZags
09-15-2010, 12:34 PM
Your comments were very helpful to me, and others I am sure.
However, since I am an old guy, and not very tech savy, are you saying that you go into, like, Fox or ESPN sports, then go to college basketball, then search for zag games, and then they will have those games to click on? Do you pay for those games the next day, or are they free?

ZagMan in Philly
09-15-2010, 04:16 PM
zagsgozags, you are one of the reasons i streamed the zags games for the past two years. To put a long story short, some zags games are stream on ESPN3, but you need to have the right internet provider to get those games and watch it on your computer, i believe it is Verizon.

With my stream, anyone with a computer and can get on the internet can watch it, by the way, for free....

Come November 5th, it is our first game, i will post the link on this message board, of the web site that I will stream the game. You can also be able to chat and give comments as the game goes on. Most people watching my streams are zags fans, but be prepared for some trolls that are not zags fans.

by the way, I am philly zag.

MBZags
09-15-2010, 07:40 PM
zagsgozags, you are one of the reasons i streamed the zags games for the past two years. To put a long story short, some zags games are stream on ESPN3, but you need to have the right internet provider to get those games and watch it on your computer, i believe it is Verizon.

With my stream, anyone with a computer and can get on the internet can watch it, by the way, for free....

Come November 5th, it is our first game, i will post the link on this message board, of the web site that I will stream the game. You can also be able to chat and give comments as the game goes on. Most people watching my streams are zags fans, but be prepared for some trolls that are not zags fans.

by the way, I am philly zag.

As a recent graduate transplanted to the Midwest, I love you.

HKeks
09-15-2010, 08:55 PM
Many thanks for this from Germany too!! It's the only way to see the games here, as far as I found out.

MDABE80
09-15-2010, 09:06 PM
Jazz...if you have TW and no games, you can always drive up to a lil Italian place call Sarduccis 1 block from the Mission. They beam every Zag game.
Or up to the Spectrum at FOX/. DelMar plaza has a place too. or or....We're EVERYWHERE!!

asoc
09-16-2010, 02:49 AM
ZagsGoZags, Check your PM box.

www.espn3.com
Provided your internet provider carries it you can watch nearly any Zags game that is on the ESPN network of channels. You can watch them live or archived.

Not sure if some of these links are good to post or not.
So a mod can remove them later:-p

This is what I have found from my experiences of watching Soccer online. These sources will work for basketball or any other sport as well.

www.atdhe.net <-- this site provides links to many sporting events. The streams on this site come from various sources including justin.tv pretty easy to use, just know your time zone conversions if necessary.

www.justin.tv <--- great site to check for any event. Just follow the drop down menus. Live channels -> sports -> other sports (don't see a basketball section)

http://www.myp2p.eu/ <--- lots of links. Click the live sports tab on the top of the page. Then select Basketball. Then click on the little tv icon thingy on the right next to a listed game. That brings up the links to online streams. The streams use various software that will need to be downloaded. TVU is trustworthy imo and pretty easy to use. The other stuff you may or may not want to get, depending on how tech savvy you are. Make sure to adjust what time zone you are in. The default setting is +02:00 (CET). We are -07:00 (PST)

You can probably find many former zags via myp2p.
---------------

There is no guarantee any game will be listed on any of these sites. All these streams are dependent on someone streaming the game online, often illegally. Generally, the popular the team the more likely there is someone streaming their games.

titopoet
09-16-2010, 04:57 AM
Your comments were very helpful to me, and others I am sure.
However, since I am an old guy, and not very tech savy, are you saying that you go into, like, Fox or ESPN sports, then go to college basketball, then search for zag games, and then they will have those games to click on? Do you pay for those games the next day, or are they free?

I never had to pay to watch a game. ESPN3 has to have a internet provider that they will stream a game. Most do, and Time Warner will soon be up. They last thing I should say as a downside is that ESPN DOSEN"T STREAM games on ESPNU. They will also request streaming on Justin.tv not to stream, I will go out to friends, to restaurants, or any one that gets ESPNU for games on ESPNU. (They are rare, only one or two games a season)

johno
09-16-2010, 08:33 AM
Is there a (simple?) way to get the internet to play on my TV? If so, will it be a decent picture?

MDABE80
09-16-2010, 10:03 AM
John...yes. I 've never had a bad game using Justin or espn3 (formerly 360). Decent picture depends on feed and your pc/laptop.

ZagsGoZags
09-16-2010, 01:39 PM
Man, this must be the best Board on the internet

Thank you so much, everyone, for the help

wow

I am playing around and finding games (not GU men) already !!

Wildrose
09-16-2010, 02:23 PM
Thanks Philly Zag-up here in Canada the government censors foreign broadcasts ( just like living in China) unless you have access to a certain broadcast monopoly your out of luck, fortunately they haven't hit the internet yet.

Due to your outstanding work I can follow the Zags. This is very much appreciated.