PDA

View Full Version : OT: Ronny Turiaf Shout Out to Gonzaga

ZagNative
09-07-2010, 08:44 AM
Nice Q & A with Ronny on NYNicks.com (http://www.nba.com/knicks/features/201011qa_turiaf.html):

Love the shirt Ronny's wearing in the pic with the story. Ronny definitely knows something about loyalty!

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_UkLNCxT74w4/TIZrcc-nv8I/AAAAAAABEkE/v08gK70DvXk/2010-09-07%20Ronny%20Turiaf%20Knicks%20interview.jpg

NYKnicks.com: This is your first time living on the East Coast. How is that going to be for you?

Turiaf: Iím not going to lie, I am a West Coast kind of guy. I lived Spokane, Washington right next to Seattle. I went to Gonzaga Ė shout out to Gonzaga who I am always representing! Ė but I lived there for four years and it was snowing. But if you look at the basketball side, the basketball side went really well. So I am really hoping that once it starts snowing here and getting cold, the basketball side will go well once again.

NYKnicks.com: What do you think of New York City itself?

Turiaf: Itís pretty cool! There is always something going on. I was talking to Anthony Randolph the other day about the fact that people are so lively here. You drive down the street and see people living and loving life, having barbeques and always up to something, and that is something I have never really seen. This is not the same thing on the West Coast. So I canít wait until I randomly just show up at somebodyís barbeque and just try to crash it! (laughs)

zagsmyboys
09-07-2010, 08:56 AM
He is such a stand up guy!! I really enjoy watching him play. Maybe now that he is no longer with LA he will get some Mad playing time!!!

zagnut2012
09-07-2010, 09:40 AM
The "Big Apple" will fall in love with Ronny, just as we did. He is a class act and a wonderful human being.

Good Luck Ronny!

Once a ZAG always a ZAG!!!

Zagnut 2012

ridgebackzag
09-07-2010, 09:45 AM
He is such a stand up guy!! I really enjoy watching him play. Maybe now that he is no longer with LA he will get some Mad playing time!!!

Ronny's was with the Warriors from 2008-2009. He got ~20 mpg with them and averaged 5.5 ppg and 4.5 rpg. My guess is he'll play behind Randolph and Stoudemire on the bench.

ZagNative
09-07-2010, 10:01 AM
For me, the best thing about Ronny is that I feel as if I never have to worry about his life after basketball. He is so balanced and well-rounded as a person, he will succeed and find (and bring) joy in whatever he does.

U Zig, I Zag
09-07-2010, 11:41 AM
Follow Ronny on twitter. He is funny and very interactive with people.

r92238
09-07-2010, 04:18 PM
:D I Just think it would great fun to be Ronny at this time in his life:) What do you think.;)

SunDevilGolfZag
09-07-2010, 04:33 PM
I think the New York media will totally dig Ronny; he's a walking human interest story. I also think the New York fans will love him just like we do