PDA

View Full Version : Purdue coming to Gonzaga

BobZag
05-17-2007, 10:18 AM
See last paragraph--

http://www.jconline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070515/SPORTS02010202/705150338/1152/NEWS

For women's basketball! Hah! Gotcha! :D

The men's schedule is completed except for two marquee games. The Battle in Seattle has School #1, School #2 and School #3. Obviously, School #1 is more attractive than #2 and #3. And one other big game is in the works; it could be home-and-home or neutral-neutral. Details like that are being haggled over.

We will have more ooc home games. An "easier" game at home after finals week. And all attempts are being made to make the UConn game in Boston and the St. Joe's game in Philly one east coast trip, not two.

No Gameday this time around. Came very close with USC and Alabama but no cigar.

Oh, and Gonzaga and EWU will not play. EWU has no AD now and the series is taking a rest. Idaho, PSU and WSU remain on the schedule, in K2, but I don't know the other ooc teams.

kylasdad
05-17-2007, 10:31 AM
Good for the GU women, now how about the men? :confused:

a13coach
05-17-2007, 10:34 AM
BobZag,

Just to be clear that is the Purdue Women's schedule.

Nevermind. Sorry did not refresh my browser fast enough. :)

BobZag
05-17-2007, 10:45 AM
Good for the GU women, now how about the men? :confused:

What I wrote is all I know.

SWZag
05-17-2007, 01:59 PM
Wow, talk about GU women upgrading their schedule! Wow! Tough tough opponent!!! Good job to those who made up the schedule!

SWZag

Zagdog71
05-18-2007, 07:43 PM
Would someone please post the Mens' schedule as far as it is known now. Thanks.

Zag79
05-20-2007, 12:20 AM
Grrr BZ. ;)

lawzag
05-23-2007, 09:09 AM
I'm with Zagdog71 - I know it's still a work in progress, but PLEASE someone post the men's schedule, or tell us where to access it.:D :D

CDC84
05-23-2007, 09:36 AM
Known non-league opponents:

at St. Joe's

at Memphis

UConn (Boston)

Georgia (Spokane Arena)

Wazzu

3 games Great Alaska Shootout - versus Alaska-Anchorage, Butler, Liberty, Michigan, Texas Tech, Western KY or the unknown team

Possible opponents:

at Oklahoma State

mtzaga
05-23-2007, 01:09 PM

at St. Joe's

at Memphis

UConn (Boston)

Georgia (Spokane Arena)

Wazzu

3 games Great Alaska Shootout - versus Alaska-Anchorage, Butler, Liberty, Michigan, Texas Tech, Western KY or the unknown team

Possible opponents:

at Oklahoma State

According to eGriz, the Griz are coming to town.

http://www.egriz.com/GrizBoard/topic23938.php

Zag79
05-23-2007, 11:56 PM
i hope they put the georgia game in our season tix package... :)

lawzag
05-24-2007, 10:32 AM
for all of us that are 1000 people down on the future availability for season tickets - I hope they DON'T put the Georgia game on your season ticket package...:(

BobZag
05-24-2007, 10:45 AM
According to eGriz, the Griz are coming to town.

http://www.egriz.com/GrizBoard/topic23938.php

Add:

Idaho
Portland State

No EWU this year.

lawzag, there will be a lot of tix for the UGA game, don't even worry about that.

xubrew
05-26-2007, 08:56 AM

at St. Joe's

at Memphis

UConn (Boston)

Georgia (Spokane Arena)

Wazzu

Possible opponents:

at Oklahoma State

i thought washington state was the eighth team in alaska. granted, the only source i can find on that now is wikipedia, which is hardly scientific, but i thought i heard that somewhere else as well. i just can't remember where. if wazzu was in the tournament, i think you guys would know it by now given the rivalry you guys have with them.

xavier was originally the eighth team, but we opted out. we're in another tournament in chicago which appears to be pretty good, but i personally would rather be in alaska, especially considering that it's a pretty good field.

here is the wikipedia link that mentions wazzu. you'll have to scroll down to the bottom of the article. again, this is not the best source in the world, but i could have sworn i heard that wazzu was in there. the official great alaska shootout site appears to only update once a year, so that is no help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Alaska_Shootout

BobZag
05-26-2007, 09:32 AM
i thought washington state was the eighth team in alaska. granted, the only source i can find on that now is wikipedia, which is hardly scientific, but i thought i heard that somewhere else as well. i just can't remember where. if wazzu was in the tournament, i think you guys would know it by now given the rivalry you guys have with them.

xavier was originally the eighth team, but we opted out. we're in another tournament in chicago which appears to be pretty good, but i personally would rather be in alaska, especially considering that it's a pretty good field.

here is the wikipedia link that mentions wazzu. you'll have to scroll down to the bottom of the article. again, this is not the best source in the world, but i could have sworn i heard that wazzu was in there. the official great alaska shootout site appears to only update once a year, so that is no help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Alaska_Shootout

Wazzu opted out and will tour Australia and New Zealand instead.