PDA

View Full Version : Espnu 100 Revised Rankings

Gin N GUice
09-04-2010, 02:00 AM
Kyle Wiltjer all the way up to no. 12. Bell down to 65, what a joke. Antwan Space checks in with his first appearance at #98, bout time they got him evaluated. I hope Space is even more of a priority after the whole Wiltjer fiasco. I guess if u commit to Kentucky you are a top 15 prospect, makes me wonder if he had committed to GU if ESPN would have given him the same love.

SteelCityZag
09-04-2010, 04:51 AM
GUice...it's a good question. Unfortunately, history has shown that GU recruits do not get the same love as the big boys.

hondo
09-04-2010, 07:29 AM
"Unfortunately, history has shown that GU recruits do not get the same love as the big boys."

Which makes it all the more fun to beat the big boys.

jazzdelmar
09-04-2010, 08:01 AM
recruitment rankings, tv ratings, bcs teams, mcdonalds...all incestuously feeding on ea other..

look for wiltjer to make the mcd game....had he gone elsewhere, not

MDABE80
09-04-2010, 11:08 AM
Wiltjer likely went up in the rankings because he was the MVP of the Boost Classic. Our recruits do seem to fall in ranking when they sign.
The one thing Jazz is alluding to though is the circuitous logic in the media. Cal signs him, he's not only good...no he's REALLY good!...so the rankings ascend. All eyes focus on a kid..the the legend begins....and continues fostered by the various parts of the media that use each others' reports to generate a "news" stream. It's a plot! ;)

No matter, the two kids we've gotten so far are amazing recuirts for us. Loss of Wiltjer, in retrospect, is a loss only in our minds. Doesn't sound like we ever had him...being no 3 in his priorities. It's the TIME lost because of the time "put in" that hurts. I'm glad this is over. From what I hear, all the eggs weren't put in the Wiltjer basket. It's a two way street....he was one of many just like we were. Soon chillins, soon...

cggonzaga
09-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Wiltjer was getting the love from ESPN long before he chose UK. He was jumping in the ratings even before the Boost game, that only increased it further. Sour grapes around here. He's a great player and will be at Kentucky.

maynard g krebs
09-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Agree Wiltjer was great in LA and deserves it. Bell dropping to 65 is a different story, one we've seen before.