PDA

View Full Version : Rivals' 2012 Rankings

BobZag
09-01-2010, 09:46 AM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/rankings/rank-2509

Some Zagcruits are listed--Tebbutt, Spencer, Garrett...

dim4sum
09-01-2010, 02:48 PM
The rankings are pretty thin indeed in west coast talent and top heavy with southerners. Methinks the scouting system here is pretty incomplete.

MickMick
09-01-2010, 02:54 PM
Where are the Europians?

I don't see many Canadians on that list either.

Baldwinzag
09-01-2010, 03:04 PM
Some Zagcruits are listed--Tebbutt, Spencer, Garrett...

Speaking of 2012 zagcruits, what ever happened to Darien Nelson-Henry? Is he still on the radar?

Like his game, has a ton of upside, and looks exactly like a taller & possibly thicker version of Cory Violette.

northsidezagfan
09-01-2010, 04:05 PM
Are we still after Landen Lucas at all? He doesn't list any interest.

BobZag
09-01-2010, 05:11 PM
I, too, was high on Nelson-Henry but he has a long ways to go, maybe too long; he was at GU camps for almost a week.

Not much mutual interest re: Lucas.

I think we're very high on Skylar Spencer in the bigs dept.

dim4sum
09-01-2010, 08:32 PM
any list nowadays that is not compiled globally sucks. Enes Kanter, firinstance, is easily the class of the new big men this year. But two years before graduating secondary in Turkey there was scarcely a peep about him.
Same with Elias Harris. And before him, Paddy Mills. etc.,etc.
Wake up rankings, the sun does not rise and set only in the US.

810Suited
09-02-2010, 05:17 AM
any list nowadays that is not compiled globally sucks. Enes Kanter, firinstance, is easily the class of the new big men this year. But two years before graduating secondary in Turkey there was scarcely a peep about him.

Kanter was a top 5 player on Rivals. It's pretty weak to bash a recruiting list, that doesn't scour the globe to find talent. It's a high school rankings service, not sure how you expect them to have the resources to fly all around the world and scout all these international players. I would love to know what scouting rankings you are looking at that includes all international players, to my knowledge no such place exists.

BroncoZAG615
09-02-2010, 05:46 AM

You obviously don't check turkey.rivals.com.

They've been on him for years now. That's my second favorite Rivals recruiting site. The first is obviously pakistan.rivals.com....although uzbekistan.scout.com is really showing great gains.

sittingon50
09-02-2010, 10:44 AM
Hey, I checked turkey.rivals, Bronco. All I got was a bunch of recipes. What's up with that?

CDC84
09-02-2010, 11:07 AM
Enes Kanter didn't start appearing on U.S. recruiting site top 100 lists until he showed up at Findlay Prep and then later moved on to Stoneridge Prep in Simi Valley. It is very, very rare to see a true international player like Manny Arop show up on a U.S. recruiting site top 100 list. The only reason why he made the Rivals list was because Jerry Meyer saw him tear up the competition at the Nike Global Challenge. He was too good to not include him.