PDA

View Full Version : Throw in the towel?

primal23
09-01-2010, 09:07 AM
http://www.vampired.net/is-gonzaga-still-the-class-of-the-wcc-in-mens-basketball.html
:lmao:

Vampired News

* About
* Privacy Policy
* Popular Search
* Contact
* Sitemap

Is Gonzaga Still The Class Of The WCC In Mens Basketball?

The days of Matt Santangello, Casey Calvary, Dan Dickau, Blake Stepp and Adam Morrison are long gone. Has St. Mary's surpassed Gonzaga as the class of the WCC?
Short answer...yes. That conference changes power ever 8 to 10 years if you watch ESPN for that last game on Monday nights. Right now the St Marys and Butlers are the new breed in lower conferences.

WCC_Gonzaga_Loyola_Marymoun_t450.jpg

bullzag23
09-01-2010, 09:11 AM
http://www.vampired.net/is-gonzaga-still-the-class-of-the-wcc-in-mens-basketball.html
:lmao:

SMC needs to win a few consecutive league titles before they can take over as the 'class of the WCC'. One WCC tournament title does not a dynasty make.

sittingon50
09-01-2010, 09:13 AM
Gee, too bad GU's win in SMC's gym last year doesn't mean anything.

CDC84
09-01-2010, 09:26 AM
No matter how impressive a postseason conference tournament title is, it is much more difficult to win a regular conference title. That's the true test of how good your team is. As we see every February and March, crazy stuff happens during postseason conference tournaments when teams are fighting for their postseason lives. The best team doesn't always win them. The notion that SMC has surpassed Gonzaga due to a single postseason tournament title is kind of ridiculous.

BobZag
09-01-2010, 09:34 AM
vampired.net?

C'mon, guys, really.

GUDan07
09-01-2010, 09:34 AM
While I'm glad that SMC has become competitive so that we have some sort of challenge in the conference, this is a joke. If I recall, we took 2 out of 3 from them last year and the one game they won, they shot 50% from both the field and behind the line. Good luck repeating that performance.

GUDan07
09-01-2010, 09:36 AM
vampired.net?

C'mon, guys, really.

LOL. I didn't even notice the citation. Where do you guys find this stuff?

CDC84
09-01-2010, 09:37 AM
Gonzaga is reaching a historical level on regular season dominance in the WCC that few teams have ever had in the history of college basketball. I think they are at number 3 or 4 all time in consecutive regular season conference titles right now.

cbbfanatic
09-01-2010, 09:42 AM
vampired.net?

C'mon, guys, really.

i could say the same about a lot of the pro-gu articles/pieces posted around here... for what its worth.

anyway, SMC has a long way to go to pass GU, and it starts with consistency. i wouldnt bet on them getting it done. id worry more about byu

BobZag
09-01-2010, 09:50 AM
i could say the same about a lot of the pro-gu articles/pieces posted around here... for what its worth.

Then do.

LMUZAG
09-01-2010, 11:31 AM
vampired.net?

C'mon, guys, really.

According to my sources, (namely my 11 month old daughter) vampire.net is the new sports illustrated.

ridgebackzag
09-01-2010, 11:36 AM
vampired.net?

C'mon, guys, really.

Especially a website that rips it's theme from Apple.

jazzdelmar
09-01-2010, 01:10 PM
hafta say, those ARE some big names...the likes of which we havent seen in a while....still, GU is its own toughest opponent/act to follow.....we have waded thru the prima donna era (daye, josh, etc) and the hastily-assembled numbers era (excess guards from everywhere just thrown agst the wall -- gj, gg, kong, even pmac and lg -- then jettisoned).....and now?

dim4sum
09-01-2010, 01:19 PM
How many tournaments can a team get "up" for. The league tournament is nothing more than a financial ploy, regardless of conference. Save money in a bad economy and get rid of those things once and for all.

Kiddwell
09-01-2010, 01:57 PM
Vampires are real, right? <Whatta 'bout cooties?>

:]

titopoet
09-01-2010, 02:34 PM
Especially a website that rips it's theme from Apple.

It did not rip off Apple. It waited until dark and attacked Apple, while Apple was sleeping. Biting Apple in the neck, it sucked Apple's blood. Maybe that explains the problem with the iphone 4.

Job, man, get the garlic and wood stake and stab Vampired.net back into the undead.

Steve, do it for Applepie, Chevys, and Zags way of Life. Do for Freedom.

UberZagFan
09-02-2010, 03:41 PM
In other news on vampire.net.....

Sex Mum Sex Son ??? Son / Mum Sex?
(http://www.vampired.net/sex-mum-sex-son-son-mum-sex.html)
A woman in the United States who pleaded guilty to having sex with the biological son she gave up for adoption and later tracked down on the internet has been sentenced to at least nine years in prison. Detroit area mother Aimee L Sword, 36, apologized at her sentencing on Monday ...