PDA

View Full Version : OT: Proud

HRZag
08-27-2010, 08:52 AM
I know this doesn't make me unique, but, as I write this, my dear niece is almost to Spokane to begin her Gonzaga career.

I am so pleased. So excited for her.

And, as always, proud to be a Zag.

Go Zags!

sittingon50
08-27-2010, 09:08 AM
Congrats HR.

zagmantis2001
08-27-2010, 09:17 AM
My nephew is also starting at GU this week to continue the tradition of my attendance, my sister's and my brother in law. He is playing in the pep band so I can keep an eye on him this season. He is living in Cremont?? When did they turn the ice palace into a co-ed dorm????

MBZags
08-27-2010, 09:19 AM
My nephew is also starting at GU this week to continue the tradition of my attendance, my sister's and my brother in law. He is playing in the pep band so I can keep an eye on him this season. He is living in Cremont?? When did they turn the ice palace into a co-ed dorm????

I'm pretty sure Crimont became a co-ed dorm in 2006, a step that was taken because of the increase in enrollment.

TimboZag
08-27-2010, 09:27 AM
My nephew is transferring in as a sophomore this year as well.

Go Zags!

77Zag
08-27-2010, 09:47 AM
I'm glad HR started this post --
I've got one boy with a December grad date, will walk with his class next May and one starting his Junior year.

Two girls on the horizon if they make the cut for next year.

Proud is an understatement. I'm a Zag grad with the legacy in the works.

Congrats to all the new Zags.

I'm sure they will be enriched by the Gonzaga experience.

What a community we have built.

Go Zags!

Angelo Roncalli
08-27-2010, 10:04 AM
"Look inside yourself, Simba. You are more than what you have become. You must take your place in the Circle of Life...."

-Mufasa-

a13coach
08-27-2010, 10:28 AM
It must be the year of the nephews and nieces. A13 has a nephew arriving today also. He will be holed up in Coughlin Hall. Like many here he is adding to the family tradition of being a Zag alum joining his older sister, father, uncle (A13), and 2 aunts.

Zagineer
08-27-2010, 10:47 AM
It must be the year of the nephews and nieces.

Yes, it must be. A nephew of mine will arriving at GU to begin his freshman year...... all the way from the East Coast!

HRZag
08-27-2010, 10:59 AM
Yes, my niece is indeed adding to the legacy.

Her proud uncle (me) is an alum, as are both her father (student body pres. ) and mother.

cjm720
08-27-2010, 11:44 AM
Congrats to all!

I hope to post a similar post in about 18 years and another two months and counting!!!

LynetteG
08-27-2010, 12:05 PM
Yes, it must be. A nephew of mine will arriving at GU to begin his freshman year...... all the way from the East Coast!

crap, i was hoping to make this statement someday.... ah well. my husband is an alum, so that is good!

zaguarxj
08-27-2010, 01:03 PM
Can I still post here if 2 of my kids are UW grads?

gozagswoohoo
08-27-2010, 01:09 PM
Congrats all, def something to be proud of.

(Grammar notes--- I used the abbreviation 'def' because I don't know the correct way to spell 'definitley'. Also, I think I may have used the wrong 'to' in that top sentence....seems like maybe it should be 'too'....??)

TexasZagFan
08-27-2010, 01:18 PM
I'm waiting with anticipation and bated breath for the upcoming graduation of my daughter from UNT next year, as well as my oldest son getting his EMT certificate, followed by attendance at the Fire Academy in College Station.

My enthusiasm has been recently tempered by the obstinance of my 8 YO (the one who digs Sun Tzu). Whenever I refer to him as a graduate of the "GU Class of '24", he reminds me of his ardent desire to matriculate at UT-Austin. :mad:

What can I say? It's Texas...he'll be scrimmaging in Cowboys Stadium on Sunday. He's having a blast playing football so far...that's what matters the most.

TexasZagFan
08-27-2010, 01:19 PM

(Grammar notes--- I used the abbreviation 'def' because I don't know the correct way to spell 'definitley'. Also, I think I may have used the wrong 'to' in that top sentence....seems like maybe it should be 'too'....??)

Back when I was your age, I had an excellent spell checker. IIRC, it was called a "dictionary". :lmao:

ID ZAGFAN
08-27-2010, 03:25 PM
[/B]

WooHoo--the "to" is definitely correct!! :D

ZaGranny

MickMick
08-27-2010, 03:28 PM
Congratulations. You have much to be proud of.

I can't wait until my daughter does the same. We talk to her about it often.

a13coach
08-27-2010, 03:37 PM
Can I still post here if 2 of my kids are UW grads?

I don't know XJ you might have to turn in your Zag card. :)

jk Congrats on getting your kids through college.

MaroonZag22
08-27-2010, 08:34 PM
I'm pretty sure Crimont became a co-ed dorm in 2006, a step that was taken because of the increase in enrollment.

Crimont actually became a coed dorm my freshman year of college, which was, as the title states, 2005!

Proudzagmom
08-29-2010, 08:58 PM
I just left my daughter on GU's campus this afternoon. I remember how proud I was when our first daughter began her amazing experience as a ZAG five years ago and the feeling only gets better the second time around. :p

Zagineer
08-29-2010, 11:38 PM
I just left my daughter on GU's campus this afternoon. I remember how proud I was when our first daughter began her amazing experience as a ZAG five years ago and the feeling only gets better the second time around. :p

Does that mean Zagineer and the Mrs will see you in Vegas next March along with daughter No. 2? Hope so. :)

Proudzagmom
08-30-2010, 08:27 AM
Does that mean Zagineer and the Mrs will see you in Vegas next March along with daughter No. 2? Hope so. :)

That's the plan!

TacomaZAG
08-30-2010, 12:19 PM
this weekend as he starts his GU journey. He will be on the GU baseball team and is rooming with two other baseball freshmen at CM. My 25th GU reunion is in October so I will be able to see him then as well. Maybe my mind has glamorized the whole college experience over the years, but my goodness that dorm room is small for three growing young men, especially with two TV's (one for TV, the other for video games) taking up much of the space.

Seriously, though, it makes me so proud to be a Zag and to see all those young men and women starting off at a place that had such a profound impact on my life. All the possibilities..............

Go ZAGS

TacomaZAG
08-30-2010, 12:24 PM
this weekend as he starts his GU journey. He will be on the GU baseball team and is rooming with two other baseball freshmen at CM. My 25th GU reunion is in October so I will be able to see him then as well. Maybe my mind has glamorized the whole college experience over the years, but my goodness that dorm room is small for three growing young men, especially with two TV's (one for TV, the other for video games) taking up much of the space.

Seriously, though, it makes me so proud to be a Zag and to see all those young men and women starting off at a place that had such a profound impact on my life. All the possibilities..............

On a side note, I saw Ronny playing soccer on the field across from CM. Wondering if he is involved in the Freshman welcoming process or is simply there enjoying the energy at the University??? He is one of my favorite all-time ZAGS, and just a big (really big) kid.

Go ZAGS

ZagsGoZags
08-30-2010, 08:55 PM
My daughter is starting at UW next month as a Freshman woman. I won't hold it against the entire university because I disrespect Chicken Romar, just one person.

LongIslandZagFan
09-07-2010, 12:23 PM
I'd love for both of my kids to go to GU... but alas a free education at my current place of work just makes more financial sense. Heck, I got a free education at GU because of my mom... my kids should get a free education at LIU because of me. But it does make me sad... as I'd rather my kids be Zags.

a13coach
09-07-2010, 01:17 PM
I'd love for both of my kids to go to GU... but alas a free education at my current place of work just makes more financial sense. Heck, I got a free education at GU because of my mom... my kids should get a free education at LIU because of me. But it does make me sad... as I'd rather my kids be Zags.

GU as well as LIU participate in Tuition Exchange (http://www.tuitionexchange.org/) so that is a possibility. I have no idea how your institution handles/awards this program but GU grants 7 certifications. Competition for this at LIU might be fierce.

LongIslandZagFan
09-07-2010, 04:20 PM
GU as well as LIU participate in Tuition Exchange (http://www.tuitionexchange.org/) so that is a possibility. I have no idea how your institution handles/awards this program but GU grants 7 certifications. Competition for this at LIU might be fierce.

Hmmmm.... I may have to look into this.