PDA

View Full Version : Good news with regards to Pangos?

AzZag
08-24-2010, 03:14 PM
http://www.umhoops.com/2010/08/24/trey-burke-to-michigan/

I am not in the know, like BZ...heck, I don't even have a smokingly attractive Avatar like he does, but this should bode well for the good guys with regards to KP.

BobZag
08-24-2010, 04:19 PM
May I suggest Megan Fox? :p

OZZY
08-24-2010, 04:21 PM
Thanks AzZag, it certainly won't hurt our chances of landing Kevin. I believe that we are in the top two and most likely in front at this stage now that Michigan has a 2011 point guard tied up.

Bogozags
08-24-2010, 05:31 PM
Thanks AzZag, it certainly won't hurt our chances of landing Kevin. I believe that we are in the top two and most likely in front at this stage now that Michigan has a 2011 point guard tied up.

Yes, I agree, this does bode well for GU as it sure can't hurt!

Besides UM and GU, what other schools were on his list? Was it Cincy or another BE school?

Memory fades as it gets later in the PM.

OZZY
08-24-2010, 06:22 PM
From memory, Cincy and UNLV, Temple and Portland have offered. Syracuse has also shown some interest, but it doen't appear that they have offered. BC, Stanford and Notre Dame also have showed interest as per Rivals.

Gonzaga has been on Kevin for well over a year now, and has shown consistent interest in his career. IMHO the fact that they have no other offers out there for a Point guard also bodes well as it shows they really do appreciate his team-first attitude his basketball IQ and his willingness to work with coaching staff.

The fact that Kyle Wiltjer has GU high on his list also shows that other players that he likes consider GU a very good option.

810Suited
08-24-2010, 06:49 PM
UC fans feel like theyre still in the thick of it

MDABE80
08-24-2010, 07:21 PM
I think this means that job is no longer available...maybe not because Michigan's recruit is better...might be because Pangos told them he was headed elsewhere. I'd like to think "elsewhere" is Gonzaga. Pangos, Dranginis and Bell would be a dandy back court. Manny has 3 full years left too. Honestly those four and Keita make me wonder if things could get better.

Pangos is key though. Something tells me he'll be here. UC might look good but we might look better. We'll know soon.

thespywhozaggedme
08-24-2010, 09:16 PM
I think this means that job is no longer available...maybe not because Michigan's recruit is better...might be because Pangos told them he was headed elsewhere. I'd like to think "elsewhere" is Gonzaga. Pangos, Dranginis and Bell would be a dandy back court. Manny has 3 full years left too. Honestly those four and Keita make me wonder if things could get better.

Pangos is key though. Something tells me he'll be here. UC might look good but we might look better. We'll know soon.

Not to mention Keegan. Our backcourt is gonna be stacked for years to come. SAWEET!! P.S. What's the record for most "K's" on one team? Keegan, Kelly, Kyle, Kevin, Khem (wishful thinking on this one) but we very realistically have 4 "k's" on our team at once. Killer K's.

Gonzdb8
08-24-2010, 10:11 PM

if it comes down to us and UC i feel pretty good. KP has mentioned in more than 1 interview that academics matter. no offense to the UC fans who might be reading, but if academics are a consideration then this isn't even close. i was much more worried about UM.

AzZag
08-25-2010, 07:43 AM
Gotta love this quote from the Michigan forum.

Posted: Yesterday#4:16#PM
Re: Burke Commits!!!#
FWIW

I think Burke was a much bigger get than Pangos would've been based on the way they play and what I saw from Pangos live.

I think Burke will have a real chance to unseat Morris as a starter before Morris leaves.# Morris' lack of three point ability and general scoring hurts him.## If he doesn't make strides there, and Burke shows up giving some indication that he can make shots at this level, I am putting my money on Burke.

Burke, Brundidge, Hardaway.# That is an improvement in terms of back court ability over Stu, Novak, Vogrich & Morris and there is not a real drop off in shooting.

WeSayZed
08-25-2010, 02:13 PM
This is where the Canadian connection can pay off for the Zags. Pangos knows that there are currently 3 Canadians on the Zags and that two of them are currently with the national team. Obviously the calibre of players and coaching at Gonzaga are top notch, and the Canadian team recognizes this and sees Gonzaga players as players it wants to groom as key members of the Canadian team going forward. By coming to Gonzaga Pangos would be coming to an elite, proven, Canadian friendly, program, and putting himself in that same pipeline, and Iím sure that will factor heavily into his decision.

ZagFanInNC
08-25-2010, 02:37 PM
This is where the Canadian connection can pay off for the Zags. Pangos knows that there are currently 3 Canadians on the Zags and that two of them are currently with the national team. Obviously the calibre of players and coaching at Gonzaga are top notch, and the Canadian team recognizes this and sees Gonzaga players as players it wants to groom as key members of the Canadian team going forward. By coming to Gonzaga Pangos would be coming to an elite, proven, Canadian friendly, program, and putting himself in that same pipeline, and Iím sure that will factor heavily into his decision.

I agree that we have a very good coaching staff. However, after talking to some people in the program im not sure how good our development/coaching of point guards is as well as access to the coaching staff by players. Im not trying to be a Debbie Downer here but it is just something that has been brought to my attention this offseason and I thought I would put it out there.
The positives about coming to GU however, great campus atmosphere, you will get a great education as well as play in big time games year in and year out... it really doesnt get much better than that as a player.

Salsageek
08-25-2010, 02:56 PM
I think GU has a guy named John Stockton that could help. :p

I agree that we have a very good coaching staff. However, after talking to some people in the program im not sure how good our development/coaching of point guards is as well as access to the coaching staff by players. Im not trying to be a Debbie Downer here but it is just something that has been brought to my attention this offseason and I thought I would put it out there.
The positives about coming to GU however, great campus atmosphere, you will get a great education as well as play in big time games year in and year out... it really doesnt get much better than that as a player.