• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Angelo Roncalli
    Bleeds Bulldog Blue
    • Feb 2007

Poll: To Re-Seat or Not To Re-Seat

Poll: To Reseat or not to Reseat

That is the question. Word within the athletic department is that the athletic department is against reseating, but final decisions have yet to be run through the chain of command, ie, Trustees, Fr. Spitzer...
    Yes
    27.42%
    No
    72.58%
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor
  • sittingon50
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

And would a reseat mean the larger check you write the better seat you get?
    But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• Zagdawg
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

The larger you are the farther towards the back of the arena you must sit -- so you don't block so many fans views?====reseat

or

The louder you cheer the better seat you get?

or

The most spirit ...spunk-- the better seat you get.

Comment

• brasszag
        Professional Zag Fan
        • Feb 2007

Pros / Cons please.
        There's no such thing as "garbage time" - there's only the time to crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

That is what is best about being a Zag.

Comment

• a13coach
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

I vote yes to show my support for those who have supported the team through the lean years. But I would say no if it meant bumping people because others are writing bigger checks.
          There are 10 kinds of people in this world.
          Those who understand binary and those who do not.
          "Only a madman or an economist thinks exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world."

Func FOO
          sigpic
          E .· ` ' / ·. F
          The FOO fuels me.

Comment

• BobZag
            Dark Lord of the Zag
            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
            And would a reseat mean the larger check you write the better seat you get?
            Indeed, it sure could.
            The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• Section 116
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Of the season ticket holders I have talked to (about 10) all are against reseating because the overiding concern is, "Is the ultimate plan to reseat everyone at the end of the 5 year committment, that being, open up all the seats to the highest biddders?" There is definitely a law of supply and demand here and there is no question there are plenty of people in this town who would pay big money for the right to see and be SEEN! Frankly there is enough of that already!

Comment

• Zag79
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

NOT TO RESEAT! i have 6 season tix in my name, attend EVERY game, cheer my a$$ off and do not want to lost these great seats to more corporate buyers who send there employees in to show up late, leave before half and come back late from half (for the free beer) and then go home with 4 minutes left. ok, rant over. but you get my drift. i think it would be cool if this became like a BoSox tix thing. People are lifers.

Comment

• gamagin
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

i've heard there was skullduggery . . .

involved in a number of seating "deals" the first time around.

for e.g., a group of friends would buy 10 seats under one name.

On paper, this meant more $ was being spent by one ticket holder/fan/alum, thus "he" was spending more $ under the program and therefore "he" got a better selection for seating purposes, sooner than someone else who was following the rules as stated.

Meantime, the honest, two tix purchaser who had good seats for many years but was only buying a couple of seats, got a lesser choice or was bumped out or up or away from his seats by getting shafted.

Or, the person who simply was looking to buy two tix found himself way down the list for selection and didn't even have a shot at better seats because they were already gone. the fix was on.

there were also rumors of favoritism against one or more of those who handled the seat selection process.

there are a number of season tix holders who magicallyg got some great seats -- right next to the jet set -- or in the same section, which could have been auctioned off to the highest bidder, but were not.

how ? the buddy system. and the team purchase. It didn't always involve the deepest pockets, it turned out, but who you knew and what you knew (see above) going in.

and this didn't make the school any more money. It may have cost it some.

should this trigger wholesale re seating? I don't think so.

But it wouldn't bother me a bit of those who allegedly got there seats & tix by spurious means, or who allegedly cheated, got the boot, or were put back in line where they likely belong, it wouldn't bother me in the least.
                  Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
                  Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
                  Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• VaBeachZAG
                    Bleeds GU Blue
                    • Feb 2007

Living over 3000 miles from K2, I have no personal interest in re-seating, except that I would not like to see this process used as a means of screwing good people out of seats already obligated to them.

However, for me personally, a big issue is current placement of the main TV camera. The main camera absolutely needs to be on the opposite side of the arena from the student section. It is almost criminal that the full impact of the student section can't be routinely seen by TV viewers. Two years ago in the Game Day game with Stanford ESPN brought in extra cameras that were able to capture the full student section in awsome form. Whatever the heck it takes, this change needs to be made!

Comment

• Brn2BZags
                      Redshirt
                      • Mar 2007

As a season ticket holder, I was invited (about 6 weeks ago) to participate in a focus group on this very issue. The group I participated in was overwhelmingly against reseating. I understand from talking to the hosts of the session that the other focus groups likewise strongly opposed reseating, and that the same would be reported to the administration. For what it is worth, I left the the meeting with the impression that reseating was very unlikely.

Comment

• UberZagFan
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

For what possible purpose would re-seating serve other than to benefit those with more funds? I doubt any re-seating would seek to cure the "cheating" mention by gamagin and I doubt it would be done to change priority that was originally based on how much you gave. So it seems the only reason would be allow ticket holders to out-bid others for better seats.
                        If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

Comment

• Gonezagaga
                          Kennel Club Material
                          • Feb 2007

Skullduggery?

Gamagin I cannot tell you if there was any "skullduggery" involved in the issuance of seating selection times the first time around. However, I would like to explain a couple different scenarios that are very similar to which you you have brought up.

1st scenario: My brother in law and myself decided to buy 4 tickets each. I told him that I would order them for us since I had been following the process. All 8 tickets are now in my name. We did recieve points for each ticket ordered so we had an earlier selection time than if we would if we ordered 4 tickets apiece. Nowhere in the process of ordering tickets was I told that I would benefit from ordering them together. It just worked out that way.

2nd scenario: I have 4 friends that each ordered 2 tickets. They wanted to sit together with their wives. The only way to do that was to order them all together. Not skullduggery, just wanting to sit with friends.

Comment

• gamagin
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

skullduggery ?

Had I known what the "rules" were here, I would be sitting in front of you. And probably in front of the biggest donor in the joint.

Or wherever I wanted to.

I could have arranged for 50 purchases in my name. More, even. Whatever it took.

So I'm not blaming you for doing what you did.

I blame the system that allows it.

best regards,
                            Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
                            Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
                            Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• Outraged
                              Professional Zag Fan
                              • Feb 2007

There are good years and bad years

If you want fans to remember you in the bad years you better remember them in the good years. Seats should be based on long term loyalty. That is if you want fans to be loyal in the long term.

Sounds like a lot of people wasting a lot of time. Everyone will get a chance at a good seat eventually if they eat right and exercise. I can't think of a better way to keep fat butts off front seats. They're athletic seats aren't they?

Comment

Working...
                              X