PDA

View Full Version : Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw, C'mon

sittingon50
08-19-2010, 05:03 PM
Who nuked dawgfather's thread?

Can't we have a little fun in the off-season?

:mecry:

BroncoZAG615
08-19-2010, 05:07 PM
Who nuked dawgfather's thread?

Can't we have a little fun in the off-season?

:mecry:

I can laugh about a lot of things but I haven't met a Gonzaga fan that would consider that game any kind of fun. I don't care how many years later.

ZagNative
08-19-2010, 05:33 PM
It wasn't funny. In the least.

GUDan07
08-19-2010, 05:35 PM
What was removed?

VinnyZag
08-19-2010, 06:16 PM
There may not be anything funny about the UCLA game, but dawgfather's post struck me as good-natured and amusing. I don't know why some people here are so ultra-serious.

ZagNative
08-19-2010, 06:30 PM
I don't care so much that it was the UCLA game, just that it was a juvenile flame, a classic ....

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff232/ZagNative/Junk/Misc/2009-10-21FlamingBagofPoo.jpg

... but without the humor.

I expect at least a little more wit and creativity from dawgfather11 ...

sittingon50
08-19-2010, 09:22 PM
it was all the piling on that was going to happen after!! I was just getting warmed up!

:boxing:

It surely beats Meech bashing......

Zag79
08-19-2010, 09:34 PM
wow and i missed it...

ridgebackzag
08-19-2010, 10:24 PM
This board is more censored than network news nowadays.

ZagNative
08-19-2010, 10:50 PM
wow and i missed it...Trust me: You missed nothing. Vaguely titled post with only an unlabeled link inside, which turned out to open an image of Adam Morrison on the floor heartbroken and exhausted at the UCLA loss. Clever, eh? And this from a regular if sometimes adversarial poster on the board.

It was intended for no purpose but to offend Gonzaga fans, a pathetic grab for attention, nothing more than a troll, a thumb in the eye. Simply no excuse for that post.

This board is rarely censored. Embarrassingly dumb post gone, hooray.

Jedster
08-20-2010, 06:15 AM
Seemed to miss the thread, but looks like I didn't miss anything. Though I've disagreed with Dawgfather a number of times, he could usually (not always!) come up with compelling arguments to back up his positions. Too bad he has to stoop to something like this, I'd expect a bit more out of him. Perhaps it was just in jest, but certainly damages his reputation in my eyes.

sittingon50
08-20-2010, 07:47 AM
My take that it was in jest, just to get something going during the lull.

Hey dawg, did you see my reply before you got nuked?

Native, just go watch your new TV, of which I am jealous!!

JLGutrocks
08-20-2010, 08:22 AM
Hence the need for restoring Neg Rep.

BobZag
08-20-2010, 08:44 AM
What was it?

kitzbuel
08-20-2010, 08:59 AM
I did not get the opportunity to see it, but it definitely seemed neg rep worthy.

BobZag
08-20-2010, 09:19 AM
Neg rep was disabled due to an incredible number of posters whose feelings were hurt and I was spending waaaaaaaay too much time with it. And lots of idiots were abusing it with stupid remarks. So...

Au Revoir.

sittingon50
08-20-2010, 09:46 AM
Well no wonder I have so many points! Where can I redeeem those?

BobZag
08-20-2010, 09:52 AM
Well no wonder I have so many points! Where can I redeeem those?

They're like green stamps.

ZagNative
08-20-2010, 09:56 AM
Well no wonder I have so many points! Where can I redeeem those?I still use the lovely breadbox and canister set I got with green stamps back in the day ... and with technology being what it is, we shouldn't even have to do all that licking and pasting in the little books ...

We would all be much, much nicer to each other here if we knew that at the end of the road, a very attractive breadbox/canister set was waiting ...

MDABE80
08-20-2010, 10:28 AM
DF's a good poster and has ties to Gonaga. If he did something in bad taste or became and annoyance, remember that his presence preceeds many of you. Maybe guilty of an odd sense of humore at times, but he is a Zag supporter and brings his Pops to games at the Mac. He's been infected by the Huskies as he lives over there but he's a good guy. Slack pulleeeze.:)

ZagsObserver
08-20-2010, 11:21 AM
Agreed. So what if you didn't find it particularly funny? Others may have, and still others are probably apathetic. Yes, it's a hard moment in Zag history, but being able to laugh at it makes it a lot easier. Nuking threads bc you didn't find it particularly funny is not equitable to all the board members.

ZagNative
08-20-2010, 11:46 AM
Agreed. So what if you didn't find it particularly funny? Others may have, and still others are probably apathetic. Yes, it's a hard moment in Zag history, but being able to laugh at it makes it a lot easier. Nuking threads bc you didn't find it particularly funny is not equitable to all the board members.Of course, I'm not a Mod and had nothing to do with the thread getting nuked. I suspect it was nuked because it was an obvious troll post, intended to inflame.

I've respected the poster of the thread in the past and have been a frequent defender of his when he has advocated for the Huskies at the expense of the Zags.

The Mods here do a great job keeping this forum one of the best around. They don't deserve grief on those occasions when they decide someone has gone too far.

gozagswoohoo
08-20-2010, 12:28 PM
I wasn't the one that deleted it, but just based on what I have read so far, I probably would have if I was the first one to see it...

*shrug*

Pleasant Peninsula
08-20-2010, 12:41 PM
A thought: a lot of college sports message boards have a seperate "smack talk" forum where fans of opposing teams can mix it up with fans of the host team that have a yen for that kind of thing. And threads like the one in question here, when posted on the regular board can be moved there, instead of being deleted, which rubs people the wrong way and then they start yelling "CENSORSHIP," etc.

maynard g krebs
08-20-2010, 02:59 PM
And this from a regular if sometimes adversarial poster on the board.

How can you be sure he's regular? Irritability due to constipation could easily be the root cause behind some of his posts.

BobZag
08-20-2010, 04:40 PM
A thought: a lot of college sports message boards have a seperate "smack talk" forum where fans of opposing teams can mix it up with fans of the host team that have a yen for that kind of thing. And threads like the one in question here, when posted on the regular board can be moved there, instead of being deleted, which rubs people the wrong way and then they start yelling "CENSORSHIP," etc.

We have the Online Crosby Center. :D

Kiddwell
08-21-2010, 09:28 PM
How can you be sure he's regular? Irritability due to constipation could easily be the root cause behind some of his posts.

When Kiddwell's faithful dog "Towzer's" irregular, Towzer's vet gives the non-pooping pup an enema. Perhaps a Dawgfather visit to his vet can clear things up and return our Board's dear friend to a non-constipated picture of health. (Wait-a-sec, forget the "picture" part.)

On the other hand, just cutting back on a straight diet of three buckets of UWKFC extra crispy chicken per day might go a long way in correcting Dawgfather's rectal roadblock too.

:]

<Can you say "rectal roadblock" on this board?>

bigblahla
08-22-2010, 06:25 AM
Can you say "rectal roadblock" on this board

Not without a flagman! :D

Go!! Zags!!!