PDA

View Full Version : Steven talks Zambia and more

BobZag
08-12-2010, 09:43 AM
Another side of Steven Gray:

http://www.justin.tv/c/spokanes_river/b/268254698

This morning on Spokane’s River – 96.9 FM — here is a link to the show, if you want to watch/listen at the 24:30 minute mark.

Enjoy!

gozagswoohoo
08-12-2010, 09:48 AM
UGHHH!!!! Stupid fat idiot work computer firewall!!!!!!

DOWN WITH THE MAN!!!!!!

ZagInTexas
08-12-2010, 09:52 AM
Great find BZ! I've always been a Steven Gray fan, but he really does come across as just a regular student, which is very cool. Seems like a very likable guy and very easy to root for.

LynetteG
08-12-2010, 09:54 AM
woohoo, SO TIME for you to get a job here and MOVE!

gozagswoohoo
08-12-2010, 10:27 AM
woohoo, SO TIME for you to get a job here and MOVE!

I would, but I doubt anyone is hiring.

;)

LynetteG
08-12-2010, 10:36 AM
Just finished listening to the whole interview. The best part starts at 48:30, when Steven talks about this year's team, and what we should expect. He describes them as the Knicks from the early 90s, tough and not going to take crap from anybody! :)

He also said he, Arop, and Carter are the only Zag men in town right now! He is going to do another play in the fall, Romeo and Juliet.

BobZag
08-12-2010, 10:39 AM
I'd like to see Steven get a mean streak and portray Iago in "Othello." heh heh

hooter73
08-12-2010, 10:53 AM
And Id like to see Sacre play Fezzik.

Two points for anyone that knows that reference without Google.

gozagswoohoo
08-12-2010, 11:10 AM

Two thumbs up, heeeeeeeey

EagleZag
08-12-2010, 12:22 PM
I had the pleasure of conducting the interview. Steven's the real deal: humble, smart, talented--the works. Hope he joins us again.

FYI: I beat him in garbage-can-hoops, although once he warmed-up, he was unstoppable.

webspinnre
08-12-2010, 12:22 PM

Oh c'mon. Andre the Giant!

sonuvazag
08-12-2010, 12:27 PM

i'm guessing andre the giant, hope this answer is compliant.

gozagswoohoo
08-12-2010, 12:40 PM
Two thumbs up, heeeeeeeey

The FONZ

Zag Man
08-12-2010, 12:56 PM
This was good to see. Steven is on my favorite players and I believe he is going to lead this year's team with fire and lots of heart! It'll be good to see how he plays as the "first option" on offense because this guy can really score from anywhere on the court!

ZagnetitForce
08-12-2010, 12:58 PM

"Stop rhyming and I mean it"....."anybody want a peanut?"

Two of all time favorite movies referenced on the boards in the past couple of days...the other was ther Young Frankenstein references.

ZagnetitForce
08-12-2010, 01:00 PM
I had the pleasure of conducting the interview. Steven's the real deal: humble, smart, talented--the works. Hope he joins us again.

FYI: I beat him in garbage-can-hoops, although once he warmed-up, he was unstoppable.

Great job on the interview DJ-man! Big shout out to Franklin APPLE! Nice of Josh to bring Steven by for the big show.

dim4sum
08-12-2010, 01:19 PM
reading beteen the lines--re Steven's remarks--I take it that this year's team is going to play tough, grind em out hoops. That's the good part. The down side is that teams that play grinder after grinder, never really blow anyone out, and can be out-finessed by a lesser talented team. I've seen that happen many times. For instance, the old Bulls, pre-Phil Jackson, were like that but never won it all until Jackson was able to harness Jordan-Rodman-Pippin into winners. The challenge, I think, is to find some finesse on offense to go with the lockdown D so many of us expect. We need a leader type to ignite the offense, and it doesn't necessarily have to be a point guard.

hooter73
08-12-2010, 02:39 PM
thats a good point about a balance of finess and toughness (austin daye):D

I do hope Steven will want to step into that go-to and leadership role but he seems to not quite want to completely make it his.

ZagNative
08-12-2010, 03:07 PM

FYI: I beat him in garbage-can-hoops, although once he warmed-up, he was unstoppable.Great interview! Looked like fun. Thanks!