PDA

View Full Version : ND Game: 12/11?

Angelo Roncalli
08-03-2010, 09:35 PM
As part of the SEC/Big East Invitational, Notre Dame is set to face Kentucky at Freedom Hall in Louisville on Dec. 8, and a game with perennial basketball power Gonzaga for Dec. 11 is also nearly finalized.

http://www.blueandgold.com/content/?aid=9507

CDC84
08-04-2010, 07:59 AM
Notre Dame is set to face Kentucky at Freedom Hall in Louisville on Dec. 8,

Freedom Hall? Kind of odd being that Louisville's brand new, state of the art KFC Yum! Center is set to open on October 10.

VaBeachZAG
08-04-2010, 08:14 AM
I lived in Louisville during the years of the Cardinals emergence as a college sports equal of Kentucky (early 80's). It took the state legislature to force Kentucy to agree to play Louisville on an annual basis which highlighted just how bitter the rivalry between thse two was (and still is). So I can easily understand why Louisville would not allow a "showcase game" between Kentucky and ND to take place in the shiny new Louisville arena. On the other hand, the ancient Freedom Hall is still a pretty decent place to play basketball.

Radbooks
08-04-2010, 08:26 AM
Perhaps the people writing the article hadn't heard of the new arena or when it was opening and just assumed it was being played at Freedom Hall...

MDABE80
08-04-2010, 09:37 AM
Freedom Hall is Louisville...among the most venerable places in college basketball history. Zags and ND...I hope this comes together. It's a made for TV game. Big exposure for the Zags. We need a big victory.

CDC84
08-04-2010, 09:37 AM
The UK fans are just going to have a field day when UK and Louisville meet this season. I'm sure the students are already preparing their chants and posters for when Pitino takes the floor.........