PDA

View Full Version : SSF's interview with Marquise Carter

FuManShoes
08-02-2010, 10:32 PM
Doesn't mean much, but I like the sound of this kid. He seems serious about winning and doing whatever it takes to make guys around him better. He's been looking for a winning program and seems to realize what Gonzaga has is no fluke.

http://www.slipperstillfits.com/2010/8/2/1598902/a-key-piece-to-the-puzzle-checking

Slipper Still Fits: What position are you most comfortable playing in the back court? Would you categorize yourself as a scoring PG or as more of a combo guard?

Marquise Carter: Coming up in high school, I really played both positions and was sort of a combo guard. My senior year, I kinda got moved to the PG, and became really comfortable at that position throughout senior year and my Juco years. I would categorize myself as a point guard and that's it. I feel I can score when I need to, but I love to get my teammates buckets, and I love to have guys around me who can really finish and make plays. I'm not really use to having that, but when I was on my visit I noticed that these guys were really good at that and I loved it.

Jedster
08-02-2010, 10:59 PM
Love the focus on making others around him better and wanting to distribute the ball first and score 2nd. Can't wait to see him play!

JohnOGU
08-03-2010, 12:52 AM
This kid is ALWAYS in the gym working on something. I love it.

dim4sum
08-03-2010, 09:02 AM
I can't wait to see Marquise Carter START and infuse fresh energy into an offense that seemed rudderless as the season wore on.

BobZag
08-03-2010, 09:16 AM
I see Carter and Meech being ideal bridges to Bell and Dranginis, with Pangos probably redshirting if he chooses GU.

gozagswoohoo
08-03-2010, 09:33 AM
Nice one SSF!!

GUZagDenver
08-03-2010, 09:54 AM
Man I hope this guy can come in and give us some stability at the PG position. If he is decent, he will starting by the start of conference.