• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BobZag
    Dark Lord of the Zag
    • Jan 2007

Another Big on Zags' Radar

Shalie Dheensaw is a lean, long 6'4" girl, 2011, up in British Columbia, Canada. The Zags like her and rumor is she likes the Zags.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."
  • Oldsport
    Kennel Club Alum
    • Oct 2007

Bob, I like the sound of that. Sounds "long & fast" and a possible mate to Shelby...both would be Class of '11, correct? Blitzkrieg under the basket?
    The players, coaches come and go, it's the Ladies Basketball program that endures!

Comment

• spudzag
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Nice, Kayla is going to start to feel short! Not to be Captain Obvious, but height is one of the missing keys to advancing the program.

Comment

• Oldsport
        Kennel Club Alum
        • Oct 2007

I think so Spud!

If my memory allows me, 2005, GU had #33 Elaina Renius at 6-4, and in 2003, #54 Delphine Lecoultre from France at 6-3. NOTE: We have had several quality Lady Zags at 6-3 but I swore that Delphine was at least 6-5. I am 6 foot tall myself but I once got the chance to test Delphine's height. I asked her to stand flat-footed and extend her hand high in the air while I tried to jump up and touch her hand....I could not!
        The players, coaches come and go, it's the Ladies Basketball program that endures!

Comment

• spudzag
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

For a change a Google search produced a lot of information on a prospect. Here is just one example;

Comment

• BobZag
            Dark Lord of the Zag
            • Jan 2007

They really like her length. She has long arms.

Bigs are priority for 2011...
            The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• OZZY
              Zag for Life
              • Aug 2009

Shalie played very well at the U17 Worlds for Canada, she will be another in the long line of Western Canadian post players that have made it to D1. Utah has done well with them, especially currently with both Sophomore Taryn Wicijowski and incoming Freshman Michelle Plouffe. There is another coming through the ranks who will be better than all of them........

Comment

Working...
              X