PDA

View Full Version : I am really starting to dislike the Spurs..

kdoggy
05-14-2007, 08:28 PM
horry is chicken####, Bowen is cheapshot , Manu is a ####y, Duncan is whiney bizatch....Go Suns....

RebornZag
05-14-2007, 08:51 PM
Horry should be suspended for the next game, and I think he will. That will definately hurt Spurs. Great game by Phoenix tonight. It's great to see what happens when guys DON'T GIVE UP....contrary to Golden State last night. You have to respect Stoudemire and Nash.

Just heard that Stoudemire and another player may also be suspended for stepping on the court after Horry pushed Nash.....That would be horrible for Phoenix.

sanfranzagsguy20
05-14-2007, 09:05 PM
Great game by Phoenix tonight. It's great to see what happens when guys DON'T GIVE UP....contrary to Golden State last night.

im sorry can you please explain what you mean by this...i did not see the warriors "give up" last night and havent heard one person say that...i saw a better jazz team beat a clearly fatigued and over matched (live by the three, die by the three) warrior squad...

BroncoZAG615
05-14-2007, 09:08 PM
It's typical NBA basketball. EVERYONE whines and 80 percent or more of the players are punks. Every team has a cheap shot, its not just Bowen or Horry. Raja Bell is a punk for the Suns. At least Duncan keeps his mouth shut for the most part. He always gives a whiney look but just runs back. Too bad the game had to end this way, but saying I am suprised would be a lie.

If the NBA sticks to it's guns, Amare and Diaw will be suspended for next game. Looks like the Spurs got a boost from the forearm shiver to Nash!

soonerterp
05-15-2007, 01:38 AM
From a Spurs Anti-Fan, it's never too late to dislike.

I'm still unhappy they took the Nuggets out in Round One (not that the Nuggets helped their own cause much ... Iverson was throwing up enough bricks to build a mansion in that series).

applezag
05-15-2007, 04:49 AM
I've never been a big Horry fan, but I really do think his shot looked way worse than it really was. He certainly intended to bump Nash, but I don't think he really hit him that hard--it was just the timing, angle, and leverage that he had. Nash even took a step before he crashed into the table. If that had taken place in the middle of the floor, it would not have been nearly as big of a deal.

kdoggy
05-15-2007, 06:59 AM
The skill of some of these guys is off the charts. And when the intensity of the NBA playoffs kicks in it makes for some entertaining theater.

I have adopted the Suns for the last few years, Nash reps the WCC and I like international flavor.

Nash got robbed for the MVP.

devod
05-15-2007, 08:37 AM
I've never been a big Horry fan, but I really do think his shot looked way worse than it really was. He certainly intended to bump Nash, but I don't think he really hit him that hard--it was just the timing, angle, and leverage that he had. Nash even took a step before he crashed into the table. If that had taken place in the middle of the floor, it would not have been nearly as big of a deal.

I am getting tired of this lame excuse when cheap plays happen. These players always appeal to chance. That argument is getting old. Professional athletes brains make microsecond calculations and their muscles make millisecond adjustments. I am not saying that they consider the repercussions of their actions at the moment. But the action itself is intended. They can choose to soften the blow of a collision or they can lay into it and make it harder, these are choices that are made.

This is a similar situation to Duke's Henderson punching Hansbourgh. Anyone who has played a contact sport in with serious competition can attest that their are split second decisions made. Decisions like how far to stick out that shoulder on a pick, nudging that hip out a little bit, diving into second on the inside of the bag when stealing. The list goes on and on.

Bowen is the king of this crap. You watch him, he's a great defender because he makes incredibly fast adjustments, has great intuition, is a decent athlete and has a mean streak. Very little he does is by chance.

You never hear them discredit their own abilities when they make amazing adjustments on the offensive end.

And they all get mad when cheap shots happen because they know it was intentional. They know because they choose a thousand times a game whether to go down the same road. You know when something is accidental. Someone gets hurt from a stray elbow and everyone walks around for a second. No one is mad.

Zag79
05-15-2007, 11:09 PM
nash went flying because he is little. horry should get 1 game, thats it. dont turn bball into the nfl where you cant even touch the chosen one.

Zagdawg
05-16-2007, 06:26 AM
The NBA jobbed the Suns with the decision to suspend two integral pieces of their team.

On the other hand ... Horry/San Antonio made this situation work out in their favor-- what kind of precedent did the NBA just encourage (as if it is not happening already)--

I send a guy after your star player and it results in a bench player suspended a 2 of the other teams integral players suspended-- that was a good trade off.

Someone mentioned timing etc-- Well this is the way I saw it-- Minimal time left on the clock-- the game was over-- Horry drops a hip into Nash and Nash is knocked into the scoring table.

Horry could have -- a. Gone to see if Nash was ok or b. Turned his back and walked away ("I did my thing and sent a message to Phoenix")--

I have not watched the series other than the highlights-- and the highlights seem to always mention the dirty play of San Antonio-- Nash getting smacked in the face or kneed in the groin etc.

Phoenix will probably lose the next game -- and hopefully win the following game.....but I look forward to Horrys trip back to Phoenix...when he gets to play again (next year?--)

Rubbadub
05-16-2007, 08:55 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2007/news/story?id=2871615

what a terrible way to handle the situation. the suns ARE getting jobbed by the league in this series.

sonuvazag
05-16-2007, 09:06 AM
nash went flying because he is little. horry should get 1 game, thats it. dont turn bball into the nfl where you cant even touch the chosen one.
Chosen one? Gretsky? Manning? Neo?

One thing, 79. Cheap shots are not popular when done against marquee players in any sport.

My biggest beef is the situation: 18 seconds left, a frustrating loss just cemented, getting shown up on the home court, and a journeyman player takes a hip-shot at the league's best guard. That's not entertainment. That was one of the best games I've seen in the NBA before that. Besides, are you telling me you wouldn't have been off the bench like Amare or Diaw? The Suns get the brunt of punishment in an incident where none of their players threw a single punch. I fully expect if the Suns get blown out tonight that Pat Burke will physically injure Tim Duncan.

kdaleb
05-16-2007, 09:19 AM
I fully expect if the Suns get blown out tonight that Pat Burke will physically injure Tim Duncan.

I would never endorse such a thing, but would it be all bad for San Antonio to play game 6 without Duncan and Ginobili? Methinks the Suns reserves have some work to do.

a13coach
05-16-2007, 09:21 AM
I have to agree with Stu Jackson. The rule is there to prevent escalation of the situation and hence protect the players. The players know this, they know it before the season starts, before the playoffs start and before they suit up for each game. I think it would be a bad precident if the NBA starts using a subjective format to determine punishment for coming off the bench during such incidents. You leave the bench, whether there is 18 seconds or 18 minutes, you get suspended.

Now the NBA may change this rule, but the players knew going into the game that if they leave the bench they get suspended. Whether or not they agree with with that rule does not matter, they knew it and chose not to abide.

sonuvazag
05-16-2007, 09:35 AM
I don't think D'Antoni would endorse it either. Raja Bell might, but not the Suns organization or coaching staff. The NBA missed the meaning of what has happened.

The bench clearing rule was meant to prevent out of control situations, but the reward in this incident goes to San Antonio who instigated and perpertrated everything that was wrong. The message: lesser players have nothing to lose by attacking more important players.

If things get nastier tonight, count me as one of the less surprised.

Zag79
05-16-2007, 10:45 PM
i dont think ive seen as much good bersus evil since star wars when i was little. the spurs are playing good, hard basketball. the suns are too. i dont think you can label the spurs "dirty" compared to the suns or really any other team in the nba. if anyone saw the highlight reel before the game tonight you saw the suns players giving as much as getting and it would be hard to argue otherwise.

are you telling me you wouldn't have been off the bench like Amare or Diaw? of course i would have. BUT, a rule is a rule and if they hadnt been suspended those that are not rooting for the suns would have called foul. besides, with all the flop calls the suns are getting from the stripes it evens out. ;)