PDA

View Full Version : Interesting note on Baylor game from Katz

CDC84
07-21-2010, 07:25 AM
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/blog/_/name/katz_andy/id/5395099/with-court-reminder-bears-aim-houston

The game against Baylor was originally supposed to be played in Houston.....not Dallas....

MDABE80
07-21-2010, 09:43 AM
Baylor game is looking tougher with each article posted. Although Dallas is better than Houston, the article and the comments make this game seem like a tough nut to crack.
Even In July and with out departures, I'm beginning to think twice about this most difficult schedule. Not sure where this game will be televised but it's a far from easy game if Baylor's as good as they seem to think.

madness
07-21-2010, 10:16 AM
Baylor game is looking tougher with each article posted. Although Dallas is better than Houston, the article and the comments make this game seem like a tough nut to crack.
Even In July and with out departures, I'm beginning to think twice about this most difficult schedule. Not sure where this game will be televised but it's a far from easy game if Baylor's as good as they seem to think.

Baylor also has probably the most talented Frosh Center (Percy Jones) coming in to battle Sacre in the paint.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=52062&season=2010

This will be one heck of a game from many perspectives.

deathchina
07-21-2010, 10:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quxsxSe1YTo&feature=channel

people are actually projecting him out as an NBA sf. Hopefully he'll hang around the perimeter in our game...

Gonzdb8
07-21-2010, 10:40 AM

in absolutely no possible world is dallas better in any way than houston. that said, dallas has a lot more baylor fans than houston and its a lot shorter of a drive from dallas to waco than houston to waco. i'd prefer the game happen in htown.

Birddog
07-21-2010, 10:51 AM
in absolutely no possible world is dallas better in any way than houston. that said, dallas has a lot more baylor fans than houston and its a lot shorter of a drive from dallas to waco than houston to waco. i'd prefer the game happen in htown.
I totally disagree. Dallas (Metroplex) actually has a Gonzaga Alumni Chapter, Houston does not. Far more Zag fans are likely to attend in Dallas including me. It's only 240 miles to Dallas as opposed to 500 plus to Houston and just before Christmas to boot.

CDC84
07-21-2010, 11:01 AM
It continues to amaze me the job Scott Drew has done at Baylor. Think of how badly damaged that program was after the Bliss ordeal. He not only built the program back up, but he now has it at a level where he's bringing in McDonald's AA level talent.

The guy who scares me in that game is LaceDarius Dunn. Especially with the way Gonzaga has guarded the 3 point line in recent years. If you crowd the three point line, he then drives it and gets to the line where he doesn't miss.

Rangerzag
07-21-2010, 05:33 PM
I see DOOM for this game no matter where they play it.

Once more a significant opponent is scheduled directly after finals, this time two days.

The game in that time frame should have a little sisters of the poor caliber.

I don't think the selection committee has ever claimed to pay attention to where finals fit with a teams schedule ;(

MDABE80
07-21-2010, 05:45 PM
This will be a tough game apparently. I honestly thought Dallas would be better for us...for many reasons....among them is that we do have a nice Dallas Metroplex following.

Looks like talent wise, Baylor is much more than advertised when we were notified of the game. Looks like we might be in over our head. I hope not but no matter where the game is played, this will be a giant OOC game.

I agree more than ever with CDC. Baylor and specifically Coach Drew have taken a program infected by the worst of crimes and turned it into a respectable talented program. We'l get an early opportunity to find out what we're made of. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

BilboZaggins
07-21-2010, 06:05 PM
Interesting WA Post article on player names:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/04/02/AR2010040204145.html

zagnut2012
07-22-2010, 06:49 AM
It seems to me we have "been in over our head" a quite a few times in the past and come out on top. That's what builds the character of our team. We will play all comers, no matter where or what the circumstances. (except when it is an unfair Husky offer to play a series on a neutral court:D )

That is who we are!

Zagnut 2012

CDC84
07-22-2010, 07:55 AM
It's also to my understanding that Baylor might be a future Battle in Seattle opponent. So the game might not be a one off deal like the Duke game was for Gonzaga last season. It sounds like GU might get something in return.