PDA

View Full Version : Matt's first SL game

Xin Loi 67
07-13-2010, 10:11 AM
NBATV, Dish Channel 402 at 2:00 pm Mtn., not sure aboutother providers. Matt is doing very well, ankle still bothering but he will do what he needs to do at this stage.

zag buddy
07-13-2010, 11:06 AM
channel 216 on direct at 1pm. Pacific time.

Micah Downs plays at 5 pm.

gozagswoohoo
07-13-2010, 11:10 AM
Whoa whoa whoa.....2pm Mountains Time, 1pm Regular time.....??? How does that translate into Gonzaga time, thus translating into Woohoo Standard Time????

My brain hurts

ID ZAGFAN
07-13-2010, 11:56 AM
WooHoo, turn it on right now!!! :D

ZaGranny

ID ZAGFAN
07-13-2010, 12:04 PM
Matty in!!!!!
:)
ZaGRanny

ZagNative
07-13-2010, 12:19 PM
Great stuff from the announcers about the advantages of Matt being able to learn from John Stockton and Deron Williams at Gonzaga.

Live stats here. (http://nba.hu/summerleague/games/20100713/DENCHI/gameinfo.html)

gozagswoohoo
07-13-2010, 12:24 PM
Matty in!!!!!
:)
ZaGRanny

DOWN WITH THE MAN!!!

He is not allowing me to watch from work!!! UGHHHH

zag buddy
07-13-2010, 01:37 PM
Matt had 3 3pointers and 5 or 6 assists. I thought his defense was fine. I would like to see him bring the ball up quicker and pass immediately. All in all not a bad first game. Next game 5pm pacific tomorrow.

U Zig, I Zag
07-13-2010, 01:43 PM
Matt had 3 3pointers and 5 or 6 assists. I thought his defense was fine. I would like to see him bring the ball up quicker and pass immediately. All in all not a bad first game. Next game 5pm pacific tomorrow.

Probably been beaten to death on here, but is the $15 dollar online package our only option? I dont have those TV packages

zaggernaut
07-13-2010, 01:47 PM
Probably been beaten to death on here, but is the $15 dollar online package our only option? I dont have those TV packages

ESPN3.com has most if not all games.

ezcure17
07-13-2010, 01:49 PM
Hey all. At the summer league Matt had a much better 2nd half. Got to talk to him. Wore my kennel shirt he said love your shirt. Told him I am here to support the zags. I took pics but not sure how to load them on the gu boards will try when I get home

ID ZAGFAN
07-13-2010, 02:02 PM
Hey all. At the summer league Matt had a much better 2nd half. Got to talk to him. Wore my kennel shirt he said love your shirt. Told him I am here to support the zags. I took pics but not sure how to load them on the gu boards will try when I get home

Here is the link to ZN's excellent instructions on loading images:

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?t=4632

ZaGranny

HillBillyZag
07-13-2010, 02:05 PM
You know HBZ'z no NBA expert , but I watched the whole game . Firstly, it was Chicago's opener , while the Nuggets had three games under their belts,
so that likely contributed to the mauling that took place. As badly as the Bull's played , I thought Matt was one of only three or four Chicago players that actually knew what was going on on the floor. He would have had another assist or two, but the receivers were'nt awake. His defense was good in the fact that he stayed with his man most of the time , did his job, and did'nt try to play outside of himself . Offensive he did as well as could be expected under the circumstances . Frankly, I was encouraged by his play!

willandi
07-13-2010, 05:38 PM

Bucks-Memphis is on ATDHE.net right now. They show 4 games today, so try there if you are on the WWW

http://www.atdhe.net/ :link: :link: :link:

ziggityzag
07-13-2010, 06:07 PM
There's a fun post-game interview with Matt on nba.com. Here's the address:

http://www.nba.com/summerleague/games/20100713/DENCHI/gameinfo.html

(Sorry, I don't know how to link the actual video. If someone would like to post a direct link, please do!)

ID ZAGFAN
07-13-2010, 06:29 PM
Tried to link it using embed, but it didn't work.

I nominate that for a world class dumb question:

"What products do you use on your hair?" :(

ZaGranny

zaggradirishfan
07-13-2010, 06:33 PM
That is hilarious. OMG. "I'm a big guard".

zag buddy
07-13-2010, 06:52 PM
Most of the comments on the bulls blogs were positive.
http://www.blogabull.com/2010/7/13/1567915/bulls-nuggets-summer-league-thread

AzZag
07-13-2010, 08:04 PM
It looked like Matt was like "WTF kind of questions are these?"

Oh well, any press is good press right?

One of the comments:
"I like Matt Bouldin Because he looks like a giant Frodo Baggins."

Honestly, he is playing with some certified Grade A Terds out there.
John Lucas and Jack McClinton are super ball hogs.

My thoughts, Matt is not a PG. He is a shooting guard all the way. Might have a hard time getting on the roster if JJ Reddick is on the squad.

Long Live the Vanilla Gorilla...:D

gozagswoohoo
07-14-2010, 07:00 AM

THAT IS AWESOME!!!

Xin Loi 67
07-14-2010, 07:36 AM
Tired of saying his name.
http://blogs.bulls.com/2010/07/bulls-fall-to-nuggets-in-summer-league-opener/

This may have been on another comment.

theman.themyth.thelegend
07-14-2010, 08:35 AM
via realGM.com re: Bouldin's 1st game--

Matt Bouldin - he looked very solid running the point, made some nice passes from up top to guys underneath the hoop, and he shot the ball well. His athleticism looks adequate, he moves his feet well on defense, and he does a good job of using his upper body strength to create space. His dribble looks a little shaky, and he didn't do a good job closing out on 3pt shooters.

Overall, complimentary words offered by analysts and especially Bull's assistant coaches following Bouldin's Summer league debut, yet can't blame Matt for poor 3pt defense -- its par for the course at Gonzaga. A borderline curse, if you will. ;)

d2zag
07-14-2010, 09:58 AM
via realGM.com re: Bouldin's 1st game--

Overall, complimentary words offered by analysts and especially Bull's assistant coaches following Bouldin's Summer league debut, yet can't blame Matt for poor 3pt defense -- its par for the course at Gonzaga. A borderline curse, if you will. ;)

I don't think that curse applies to Gary Bell Jr. ;)

AzZag
07-14-2010, 11:24 AM
I also noticeed that he favored the right hand dribbling, and didn't go left often.

I had my high powered microscope out in full effect.

ID ZAGFAN
07-14-2010, 04:01 PM
It's starting right now!

ZaGranny

ronh_pm
07-14-2010, 08:09 PM
I thought he looked fairly good on the offensive side of the ball tonight. He didnt get the ball in his hands often early with Lucas on the floor but when he was playing more combo guard he shot well from three, ran the plays and made a few nice passes.

Defensively I felt he was little lost in the scheme of things...it may have been how the defense was designed but he got screened off lots when he had to defend out at the 3 point line and was just too slow against guys like Bledsoe to be effective against a point guard. I think I heard him yelling for help off of screens as much as I heard that nutbar Clipper fan.

Also I thought he did not seem to compete for rebounds at either end of the floor but then again I think he may have only been in the paint for maybe 30 seconds total in the game.

On the other hand, he was smart with the ball, should have had probably 3-4 more assists than he did; one of his dimes was prolly the nicest passes in the game as he hit a guy in the paint early in the game.

If he was charged with a turnover on his last play it was a bad scoring decision and was his only one in over 28 mins of play. He also made a nice pump fake and move to the basket that had c.webb tied up for words for a sec...he never finished the shot but it was a nice play.

Anyways..solid game that was hidden behind Lucas's play but I think needs to pick up some foot speed on defence to guard out near the arc.

imho of course.

HillBillyZag
07-14-2010, 08:32 PM
Twenty-Six minutes with 8 pts , 3 assists and 3 boards. And again he stayed within himself on defense, only one bad mistake. In my mind he keeps earning minutes and thats what he needs , playing time. As guard heavy as the Bulls are , it may not be with them , but if he keeps it up , he will get a
good look from some team.

Bogozags
07-15-2010, 03:16 AM
I thought he looked fairly good on the offensive side of the ball tonight. He didnt get the ball in his hands often early with Lucas on the floor but when he was playing more combo guard he shot well from three, ran the plays and made a few nice passes.

Defensively I felt he was little lost in the scheme of things...it may have been how the defense was designed but he got screened off lots when he had to defend out at the 3 point line and was just too slow against guys like Bledsoe to be effective against a point guard. I think I heard him yelling for help off of screens as much as I heard that nutbar Clipper fan.

Also I thought he did not seem to compete for rebounds at either end of the floor but then again I think he may have only been in the paint for maybe 30 seconds total in the game.

On the other hand, he was smart with the ball, should have had probably 3-4 more assists than he did; one of his dimes was prolly the nicest passes in the game as he hit a guy in the paint early in the game.

If he was charged with a turnover on his last play it was a bad scoring decision and was his only one in over 28 mins of play. He also made a nice pump fake and move to the basket that had c.webb tied up for words for a sec...he never finished the shot but it was a nice play.

Anyways..solid game that was hidden behind Lucas's play but I think needs to pick up some foot speed on defence to guard out near the arc.

imho of course.

I agree completely. By the way, did you see who the player was that embraced Matt after the game, just before he walked off the court? He appeared to be about the same size or just a tad bigger that him. Don't think it was Jeremy as this was on the Kings' side of the court.

But before I go further, the Clippers were just not playing on all four cylinders but then SL is for growing and learning how to adapt.

I had an advantage which you did not...you watched in person and I on DTV and just scanned back time after time just watching various plays, which I just love.

Lucas didn't involve him early and not sure he wanted too BUT he did make that first pass to Matt and he hit that open three. I watched him move on offence and it seems the scheme they were playing was not followed too well. With Lucas have an incredible game, he more less just kept the offence in his hands when he was on the court. If he could, then he pushed for "his" shot/drive and pretty much dished when he had too or the player was just that wide open.

I believe Matt was 2 for 4 from behind the line and 2 for 5 for the game. I didn't see a turnover and think the ball that went out of bounds on him was caused by a poor pass made by his teammate - after Matt made the entry pass.

On the offensive side of the ball, he didn't go into the paint to rebound as he immediately dropped back because Lucas was almost always below the FT line. No fast breaks on his watch either, which limited opportunities for the Clippers.

I see Matt not having a problem on the offence side of the ball but rather, if he is forced to guard a PG like Bledsoe, then he will have difficulties as he proved last evening. He will learn as and as you stated, he played within himself. This is my first opportunity to watch him play and not being an NBA advocate in the least, I think he played very well and guess from watching his interactions with the coach, he did what they wanted to see.

Not sure if he will stick with the Bulls but he seems to have a better than average chance of sticking.

ID ZAGFAN
07-15-2010, 09:19 AM
http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/summerleague_2010.html

Chuck Swirsky | cswirsky@bulls.com | 07.14.10 | 9:25 a.m. CT

"Quick hits from 2010 NBA Summer League in Las Vegas...

I am anxious to see more of undrafted combo guard Matt Bouldin. He's tough, intelligent and makes plays."

There are links to recaps by Swirsky and to audios with Matt.

ZaGranny