PDA

View Full Version : I wish they all could be Gonzaga guys

BobZag
07-11-2010, 09:15 AM
To paraphrase the Beach Boys. There were other intriguing prospects that Greg Hicks says are elite or high-major that I wish Donny would persue, but these two have mentioned the Zags so I'll just go with them.

Grant Jerrett, 6-8 PF La Verne (Calif.) La Verne Lutheran. The top West Coast prospect at Pangos Live, Jerrett continues to show his very impressive skill set. He’s got a variety of moves around the basket, he’s an above average passer and he can handle well for a big man. Good rebounder, shot blocker…he’s got a pretty complete game for a rising sophomore.

Jordan Tebbutt, 6-5 PF/SF Tualatin (Ore.) Horizon Christian. Tebbutt has solid skills for a rising sophomore, but there is some question about his position at the next level. He’s gotten even bigger since the spring – huge shoulders and back – and his ability to defend on the perimeter at the next level is debatable. He plays with very good energy and toughness, and shoots it well enough, but his position in college is still to be determined.

cjm720
07-11-2010, 11:13 AM
Kind of a weird synopsis of Tebbut. Who cares what position he'll play, he will play major minutes or start from day 1. Wish we were higher on his list.

Go zags (and Netherland)!!!!

75Zag
07-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Wondering whether GU's recent embrace of the "6 guard rotation" (ok, maybe only 4) will discourage bigger kids from considering GU. GU's recent reputation as "Guard U" would give me considerable pause if I was a 6-8" PF coming out of high school and looking for a college where I could learn more big man skills and try to move to the next level.

I have seen Tebbutt play a couple of times in the Portland Metro area. He has a body that looks like he could easily develop into UNC - Kansas - Duke material, but perhaps his skill set at this point is more Stanford - Texas - GU material. He still has a lot more time to develop.

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!

WallaWallaZag
07-13-2010, 02:57 AM
based on the observation above regarding his physical growth, i'm thinking tebbutt might end up a better football prospect than basketball...

roxdoc
07-13-2010, 06:39 AM
Had the same thought.