PDA

View Full Version : 2008 CG Tinsley update

BobZag
05-11-2007, 05:19 PM
Brad Tinsley, a junior shooting guard from Oregon, had a solid showing the April evaluation period. Several West Coast programs are involved with Tinsley and he might be ready to make his college choice fairly soon...

"The main ones are Cal, Pepperdine, Gonzaga, Nevada and Utah," said Tinsley.

When asked which programs have extended scholarship offers, Tinsley replied, "Cal, Utah, Pepperdine and Nevada have offered."

BobZag: Just my own hunch, but I doubt Gonzaga offers, but that's just my hunch, nothing concrete.

TM27
05-11-2007, 07:34 PM
I haven't been posting much here lately (still lurking everyday), as I am still trying to come to terms with the poor showing against Indiana......but this news, brings me back out of my hole! Tinsley is the real deal(!) I, like many others, have been a Tinsley advocate for more than a year now ... IMO GU makes a mistake if they dont offer.....Tinsley is the workhorse, spit and fire, pendo, calvary, spink player that makes GU...GU. Say it aint so Bob! Or at the very least tell me Jordan Morgan (thats right I said Morgan not Theodore), Abdul Gaddy and Avery Bradley all just gave early commitments.... a spectacular 2009 class may help me get over the loss of Tinsley in 08;)

MickMick
05-11-2007, 07:45 PM
Brad Tinsley, a junior shooting guard from Oregon, had a solid showing the April evaluation period. Several West Coast programs are involved with Tinsley and he might be ready to make his college choice fairly soon...

"The main ones are Cal, Pepperdine, Gonzaga, Nevada and Utah," said Tinsley.

When asked which programs have extended scholarship offers, Tinsley replied, "Cal, Utah, Pepperdine and Nevada have offered."

BobZag: Just my own hunch, but I doubt Gonzaga offers, but that's just my hunch, nothing concrete.

I find it interesting that of all the "main ones" he mentions, Gonzaga is the only one that has not offered.

I am trying to get into his mind and speculate as if I were Brad here. If a Div 1 school offers me, I will mention it as a "main one". If a school that I am very interested in attending has not offered yet, I will go ahead and mention that school in my "main ones" category as well. Hence 4/5 of the "main ones" have offered. Could this be his public "nudge" to Gonzaga that "you are on the clock" before I commit elsewhere?

TimZag
05-12-2007, 02:23 AM
has a policy of not offering a player before he visits.

BobZag
05-12-2007, 08:57 AM
I always thought Wazzu would get him if we didn't but I see Tony Bennett isn't in the race either. If both Few and Bennett aren't offering, maybe they are seeing what we fans aren't? I doubt both are stupid or just poor talent evaluaters.

4EVERaZAG
05-12-2007, 12:03 PM
FYI Tinsley has already visited he was at the Stanford game last year and as far as I know Clarke has never been to campus yet either. If Clarke commits elsewhere I think we will go ahead and offer either Theodore or Tinsley.

Nevtelen
05-12-2007, 12:06 PM
The problem with that is that Clarke doesn't seem to be in a hurry. If Tinsley says he's going to committ soon, there's no way Clarke will have decided. We might have offered Tinsley if he'd be willing to wait, but I just think that Clarke and Theodore will wait until at least the fall and it looks like we'll wait for them.

zagfever86
05-12-2007, 10:47 PM
I have it from a very good source that Tinsley is leaning toward Cal and Pepperdine. He has always wanted to go to Gonzaga but has been turned off by their lack of interest.

RebornZag
05-13-2007, 03:41 PM
I like what I'm reading and hearing about Clarke. I love the fact that he's six feet tall, if and only if he's as quick as Porter. The beauty of small and even tiny guards is that they're as quick as a cat and very very difficult to guard. I think back to Quintin Hall and his quickness and outside shooting ability. Q was one of my all time favorite guards...I loved how he brought excitement to the game. And did he ever have personality. I also think about Pargo and his quickness, and his personality. Personality is certainly something to consider too. Pargo will be moving on soon...I'd love to see a guard come in with his personality. I love the fact that Clarke is working on his runner. I miss those awesome runners that white guards revert too because they can't jump (lol). I miss the beauty of that shot...and I think of Santangelo and Dickau as the two best point guards we've had, and both of them had awesome runners. That shot is a must in my opinon. That or having the inside leaping and spinning ability that Pargo has. Pargo is going to emerge, in my opinion, as the best guard since Santangelo. Yes! He will surpass even Dan Dickau...a Zag I have such fond memories of.

eastsideballer
05-13-2007, 08:11 PM
Saturday, Higher Hoops of Spokane, a team made up primarily of Freshmen played and defeated Oregon City at the Oregon Prep tournament in Vancouver Washington.
The good news was that they had their big man Schaefer but the bad news is that Tinlsey was playing baseball and couldnt attend. I was hoping to see him play, but either way GREAT WIN Higher Hoops!!!

sonuvazag
05-14-2007, 12:33 PM
I miss those awesome runners that white guards revert too because they can't jump (lol).I also lol because I was just thinking, as I shot hoops at the gym the other day, how passe this shot has been for my lifetime but how many guys nearing 50 can come onto the court against me and still get that runner off with ease. They make it so consistently that they can make a good game against me in my prime. I was wondering what a non-leaper like Bouldin could do with it and then I see this post. LOL. It really is a testament to what a good shot it is and that it should come back.

kylasdad
05-14-2007, 01:55 PM
thats news to me, I didn't know Bouldin was a "non-leaper!" I was pretty sure he was a non-lepper but man I thought with the size of his calves that he might be able to at least touch the net. Wow.;)

sonuvazag
05-14-2007, 02:02 PM
he might be able to at least touch the net. Let's be fair. Bouldin has had some sweet layins. On one layin I think he could have slapped the backboard on the way down, but he didn't because he's not the demonstrative type.

Shanachie
05-14-2007, 02:52 PM
Let's be fair. Bouldin has had some sweet layins. On one layin I think he could have slapped the backboard on the way down, but he didn't because he's not the demonstrative type.

OK, we're wandering a long way from the original topic here, but Bouldin might not have shown everything he's capable of in a GU uniform yet: (Edited to say that I'm just talking about leaping ability here, but I'm sure he hasn't shown everything he's capable of in other areas as well.)

http://mas.scripps.com/DRMN/2006/01/14/432911804-_o.jpg

Matt Bouldin of ThunderRidge jams over Chaparral's John Madsen in the second quarter of their Continental League game Friday night. Bouldin scored 29 points, but Chapparal won 60-57.

sonuvazag
05-14-2007, 02:58 PM
Nice pic. Big Thunder over the not so smart kid.

Back to topic, I think it would be great for Tinsley to work on his runner in case he becomes a Zag.

spudzag
05-14-2007, 04:05 PM
Seems like it was mentioned some time back that Tinsley is scheduled to be here for a camp, maybe two. I think is was also floated out that he would be offered while at camp if at all. Does any of this ring a bell with anyone?