PDA

View Full Version : This Week is a Biggie

BobZag
07-04-2010, 08:45 AM
From the announcement of the new 68-team format--

INDIANAPOLIS -- The NCAA has settled on the format for the new 68-team men's basketball tournament, though the announcement isn't scheduled until sometime next week.

The Division I men's basketball committee reached its decision after studying a number of options and discussing feedback during meetings in Chicago, said David Worlock, associate director of the March Madness tournament.

--to the start of the big July evaluation period, beginning Tuesday. (My guess is Tommy to Europe, Donny to Cali, Ray to everywhere else) Only three coaches per school are allowed to be on the road at once. Few will go out when someone returns.

Oh, and the World Cup champion is decided Tuesday, Wednesday, Sunday. :) And the Tour de France races towards the Alps.

It's all good.

Reborn
07-04-2010, 10:47 AM
Speaking of the World Cup. I heard that Alaskazagnut was banned from the Board because of a comment that he made about soccer. This is rediculous, imo. I read his comment. And he was banned. Alaskazagnut has been on this board for 7 years, and is a great fan. He has posted nearly 1000 times. And he's banned for a silly comment about SOCCER. IMO, that thread should NEVER have even been on the Basketball Board. I imagine if anyone else had put something about soccer on the GUBasketball Board that it would never have made it.

I think that a great thing to happen next week is to reinstall Alaskazagnut to the Board. Come on Administrators. Show your love.......

MDABE80
07-04-2010, 11:03 AM
Honestly, I didn't see any comments. Usually it's enough to sideline someone for a week or so with warnings. Seems a bit harsh to nuke someone over Soccer....perspective might/always will be needed. BUT BZ has his reasons perhaps we don't know about.
I'm sure this will be resolved soon enough.

zag buddy
07-04-2010, 11:17 AM
1+