PDA

View Full Version : Elias on the front page of ESPN college bball

thespywhozaggedme
06-26-2010, 09:38 PM
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/

This is what Katz said about him:

Elias Harris, Gonzaga: Harris produced on the international level, so he was already on draft boards. He had his moments last season for the Zags, so he won't sneak up on anybody this season. He will be the go-to player for Gonzaga and it was a bit of a surprise to see him return. He's got a real shot at the first round in 2011.

zagzilla
06-27-2010, 09:11 AM
How does the potential impact of a NBA stoppage impact Elias declaring? If there is a lockout, then is he more likely to stay? If so then I hope the greed heads prevail and we get EH for as long as possible

MDABE80
06-27-2010, 09:36 AM
Love to see ELi.....stick around another season. Hard to know what he might do if there is a lockout. CDC might know more about this.
Meanwhile...if he thinks he's done all he could in the college ranks, he can always go back to the Europe scene and make some large money. Something tells me that if GU runs deep, he might stick around. He's a different kid...looks at the world a bit differently. A championship caliber team might entice him. WCC won't.

MickMick
06-27-2010, 10:59 AM
When your stock is high, you take the money.

A tough year and/or injury could cost him a bundle.

I really do want him to come back though.

B-hamZag
06-27-2010, 01:39 PM
Im really excited to watch him this next year. Its gonna be sweet.

Reborn
06-28-2010, 07:07 AM
I think little things like this have big effects when recruiting. Every young ball player dreams of having his picture on the cover a sports magazine or even the internet now.

I'm really excited to see Elias next year. And the Zags. The more I think about it they will be considerably better next year. With Elias, Gray and Sacre we have 3 great players who can all score one on one. We know this is one of the necessary ingrediants for a successful season. I also think we will have great role players behind them who will all be much better than last year because they will be a year older.

duper
06-28-2010, 08:40 AM
At least its not Sports Illustrated or we would have to worry about the curse.:D

nonzagzag
06-28-2010, 09:47 PM
At least its not Sports Illustrated or we would have to worry about the curse.:D

super, duper

You shouldn't have said anything!

front page of SI.com:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/ncaa/

ZagNative
06-28-2010, 10:09 PM
Love it that former Zag Recruit Jeff Taylor shares that SI screen with Harrison Barnes and Elias.

Boy, has Jeff Taylor ever grown up! Sigh ...

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_UkLNCxT74w4/TCmOdTBDQWI/AAAAAAAA3sU/74KiCYXh-nE/2010-06-28%20Elias%20Harris%20Sports%20Illustrated.jpg

LynetteG
06-29-2010, 07:27 AM
look at this big man from the si.com story. doesnt JP play for this team?

4. Jonas Valanciunas, Lietuvos Rytas (International)
Power Forward/Center
6-10, 230 lbs.

Valanciunas is an inside-oriented European player with good size and length. The big man can score with his back to the basket and rebound and is already seeing minutes at a high level of competition. He must continue to prove himself in a bigger role next season.

and I had to chuckle when I read this, referring to Elias as a "youngster", LOL!

16. Elias Harris, Gonzaga, Sophomore
Small Forward/Power Forward
6-7, 220 lbs.

This tough and athletic forward has solid international experience underneath his belt. The Gonzaga youngster must improve his perimeter skill-set, but he is very intriguing thanks to his physical tools and mentality.