PDA

View Full Version : Former Zags playing in Hoopfest?

Ekrub
06-25-2010, 04:41 PM
I saw Pendergraft is playing by doing name search, anybody know of anybody else?

ZagNative
06-25-2010, 08:45 PM
Here's a pretty good lineup (http://spokanehoopfest.net/teamfinder/Default.aspx) (Search for Frieson or Sports Cellar - the name of their team):
Heather Bowman,VIVIAN FRIESON,Lindsay Herbert,Megan Kane,
Bracket #3
Court Name: 3BA Elite Division #5
They play their first game at 1:00 PM.

Other than that, my searches come up empty.

Edited to add: Pendergraft's Team Tonix ( ERIK BENZEL,DANIEL HAYNES,MITCH HOLDA,DAVID PENDERGRAFT), plays at the crack of dawn, at 9:30 AM, in the Center Court, probably too early to duck into Olive Garden for my usual pre-game cocktail:

Bracket #8
Court Name: 3BA Elite Division #4

MDABE80
06-25-2010, 09:53 PM
I'm manning the medical tent at the old Hostess bakery....so I can't suit up this year;) Crack of dawn ZN!!?? lol...Anyone needing cold water...I have 2000 bottle to pass out. I donate the profits. It's a great community event.
I saw Erik Benzel about 1 week ago. He looks ready as it gets. He's an old friend. Pendo and him....well they could use some more height.... but they will be close.
Lots of big and talented kids come from everywhere. The winners make "bank". Sunny and 80 tomorrow. Best wishes to all the competitors.

germzag
06-26-2010, 07:23 AM
The winners make "bank"? Is that part of the donation? There is no official money prize, is there? Couple of good teams from Boise that I am aware of. Bam Jam Boise with Matt Bauscher and Clint Hordeman (BSU) and Bodybuilding.com with Booker Nabors and Anthony Thomas (also BSU). Bodybuilding.com is in the same bracket as Tonicx (spelling), Pendergrafts team. Another question I have is that there are different elite brackets. Is there an elite bracket that is considered the championship bracket??

TimZag
06-26-2010, 08:11 AM
Sorenson

americasteam
06-26-2010, 08:35 AM
The winners make "bank"? Is that part of the donation? There is no official money prize, is there? Couple of good teams from Boise that I am aware of. Bam Jam Boise with Matt Bauscher and Clint Hordeman (BSU) and Bodybuilding.com with Booker Nabors and Anthony Thomas (also BSU). Bodybuilding.com is in the same bracket as Tonicx (spelling), Pendergrafts team. Another question I have is that there are different elite brackets. Is there an elite bracket that is considered the championship bracket??

There is a 6' and under elite division, with several brackets and there is another division that is for elite over 6' teams, with several brackets. For the elite, first step is you win your bracket, then you play semi-final game(s) against other brackets within your division, and then finally, playing in the championship game.

So with the elite, there are 2 champions; the champion of the elite division and the champion for the 6' and under elite division. (ie Sorensen is playing in the 6' and under elite division).

Anyway, at least that's how it was last year!

germzag
06-26-2010, 02:34 PM
Makes sense..Kinda weird that they only play two games on Saturday...I guess it does make sense since there are so many more mandatory games on Saturday...Sunday, if my calculations are right, the elite winners will play at least 6 games...Pendergraft vs Booker Nabors tomorrow is one game I would target if I can make it out of bed at "the crack of dawn"...BSU vs GU, basically...at 9am...should be a good game.

MBZags
06-26-2010, 04:13 PM
I think Raivio is, according to Facebook.

HillBillyZag
06-27-2010, 10:01 AM
How times flys and how fame flits way!
Former Zags Carl Crider, Jeremy Eaton , And Ryan Floyd were once again teamed up in the Elite Division under the banner " Take the rim out !". Its a Fitzism , explained Floyd , all three played for Fitz on the 1997 Zags and Fitz would always be yelling "take the rim out "!when we were shooting free throws . Funny even HBZ could get tickets in those days , I have fond memories of these three.

northsidezagfan
06-27-2010, 01:57 PM
Jay Sherrill is playing in the elite bracket

LynetteG
06-27-2010, 04:24 PM
Pendo's team won again!

MDABE80
06-27-2010, 05:31 PM
David and Eric....in final game center court. Their team is up 14-8. Lots of games. They look tired...but they do look determined.

zagfan07
06-28-2010, 08:57 PM
David and Eric....in final game center court. Their team is up 14-8. Lots of games. They look tired...but they do look determined.

Does anyone know if they ended up winning? I heard on KJR today that they lost, but I looked on the hoopfest site and it said they won their bracket.

By the way, Mitch Holda, who is on their team, is also a former Zag. Didn't play at GU, but is a heck of a player.

nonzagzag
06-28-2010, 09:39 PM
they won

gozagswoohoo
06-29-2010, 08:03 AM
PargotheDestroyer has a team. They won their first game, and lost the second...that's all i know bout his.

He also said he saw Drav and GJ walking around together...why is GJ in town?

zagzealot
06-29-2010, 08:07 AM
GJ's little bro was playing.

Colin Floyd's team, Wheatland Bank, made it up thru the losers bracket into the championship game but lost to Team Fresno on Center Court.

HillBillyZag
06-29-2010, 11:05 AM
For the second straight year yet . David had 11 in the final game and was named the Divisions Player of the Year. The cream always comes to the top.
Even whith all of the new talent, I wish we had a Pendo type still! They just refuse to lose !

Pargo the Destroyer
06-29-2010, 10:39 PM
Hoopfest was awesome! Won first game, one of our players took an inadvertent elbow to the eye, result was lots of blood and a mild concussion. Second game, we lost by 4 to the eventual bracket winners. Not bad for 3 guys and no sub. Third game we lost by 1. My teammates were out of gas, I was running on fumes, all games were played on Saturday, with our last game ending right before the shooting occured. All in all it was a good weekend, stayed away Sunday and enjoyed our amazing weather with the fam.

Woohoo, come hell or high water, you and champ need to play in one. Soon.

gozagswoohoo
06-30-2010, 05:47 AM
Hoopfest was awesome! Won first game, one of our players took an inadvertent elbow to the eye, result was lots of blood and a mild concussion. Second game, we lost by 4 to the eventual bracket winners. Not bad for 3 guys and no sub. Third game we lost by 1. My teammates were out of gas, I was running on fumes, all games were played on Saturday, with our last game ending right before the shooting occured. All in all it was a good weekend, stayed away Sunday and enjoyed our amazing weather with the fam.

Woohoo, come hell or high water, you and champ need to play in one. Soon.

:confused: Shooting?!?!?!

And we would love to play. If anyone has Ammo's phone number, please PM it to me. I want to see if he wants to play on my team next year. We will call the team.......... "Woohoo, and a couple other guys"

Zag79
07-01-2010, 12:33 AM
tremendous weekend it was, isnt every hoopfest? weather was great this year, not too hot and no rain. competition was stiff as always, some good hoops in spokane last weekend. had a team with my brother and two buddies, same team for the last 16 years pretty much so its always a blast. we went 2-0 saturday, which always gives you a leg up. lost our first game sunday on a bank shot in overtime. ugh. but we ended up winning 3 straight before falling out in the game to go to the championship. so 3rd it is, not too bad. if it wasnt for the dreaded hoopfest bank shot we would have been golden. great time, its the best weekend in spokane. i cant wait for next year.

cvzag79
07-03-2010, 11:22 PM
andrew sorenson also played in hoopfest idk if anyone said that but his team lost in the finals