• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BobZag
    Dark Lord of the Zag
    • Jan 2007

No More Early Offers?

An NCAA committee wants to prohibit scholarship offers to recruits before July 1 of their junior season of high school.

An NCAA committee announced Thursday that it will back a proposal to prohibit making scholarships offers to recruits before July 1 in the summer between their junior and senior years in high school. If passed, it would apply to all sports.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."
  • MickMick
    Zag for Life
    • Apr 2007

This will add power to World Wide Wes......not diminish it. WWW will get more exclusive time to influence young men. Less time to influence by coaches = more time to influence by "handlers". This reinforces the trend that a staff will need to develop relationships with these "handlers" to get a head start on "informal" communications.
    I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• a13coach
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

I can sort of see no signing before that date, but not offers. That is crazy.
      There are 10 kinds of people in this world.
      Those who understand binary and those who do not.
      "Only a madman or an economist thinks exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world."

Func FOO
      sigpic
      E .· ` ' / ·. F
      The FOO fuels me.

Comment

• BroncoZAG615
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Next up for the NCAA: A high school draft. Colleges will get picks based on how they finish the previous season so that everyone has a fair chance and we can all hold hands and be friends.

What a joke. This will not be taken well by coaches. Like Mick said, this will only make CBB recruiting more sleezy. No clue how this makes any sort of sense.

Comment

• 229SintoZag
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Is this

a solution in search of a problem?

I kind of like the fact that we were able to offer guys like Gray and Pendo very early.

Comment

• webspinnre
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Exactly - early offers allow smaller schools to take risks targeting guys early, even knowing they might not pan out.
            I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• Pleasant Peninsula
              Professional Zag Fan
              • Mar 2008

Exactly - early offers allow smaller schools to take risks targeting guys early, even knowing they might not pan out.
              Andy Poling?

Comment

• hondo
                Zag for Life
                • May 2009

Early offers allow the PSA to focus on their game and Lord knows maybe even school if not that sexy blonde in study hall.

Comment

Working...
                X