PDA

View Full Version : OT-Bulldog Club

Lurknomore
06-16-2010, 06:20 PM
I have been thinking of joining the Bulldog Club and was wondering if I would have a good chance of at least getting tickets to one game by doing so. Any thoughts?

ID ZAGFAN
06-16-2010, 06:45 PM
I have been thinking of joining the Bulldog Club and was wondering if I would have a good chance of at least getting tickets to one game by doing so. Any thoughts?

I have joined the Bulldog club 2 years in a row. The first year we got tickets to 6 games through the Bulldog Club. The second year we got tickets to 2 games through the Bulldog club and 2 games at the Kennel through other means. ( I figured that was because the team last year figured to have a better season.) The first year our tickets to the Kennel averaged about $37 each each including the Bulldog Club membership. The second year our tickets to four games in the kennel (including Bulldog club membership) averaged $50.00 each. (The BC donation and the cost per seat both went up last year.)

We also go the RMHC, the Battle in Seattle and Las Vegas and anything else I can get tickets to without paying an arm and a leg.

I plan to join the Bulldog Club this year as well. Another thought to keep in mind is that 80% of your BC donation is deductible from your taxes.

You have to watch the news on the gozags site. On Tuesday, they will tell you if there are tickets available for that week's game(s). On Wednesday AM at 9, they start taking calls. You have to keep hitting redial until you get through, and hope they still have tickets when you do.

About your chances--you should be able to get tickets to at least one game. The chances are highest for the really early November games and the games during Christmas break.

Good Luck!

ZaGranny

Bogozags
06-17-2010, 03:21 AM
I have joined the Bulldog club 2 years in a row. The first year we got tickets to 6 games through the Bulldog Club. The second year we got tickets to 2 games through the Bulldog club and 2 games at the Kennel through other means. ( I figured that was because the team last year figured to have a better season.) The first year our tickets to the Kennel averaged about $37 each each including the Bulldog Club membership. The second year our tickets to four games in the kennel (including Bulldog club membership) averaged $50.00 each. (The BC donation and the cost per seat both went up last year.)

We also go the RMHC, the Battle in Seattle and Las Vegas and anything else I can get tickets to without paying an arm and a leg.

I plan to join the Bulldog Club this year as well. Another thought to keep in mind is that 80% of your BC donation is deductible from your taxes.

You have to watch the news on the gozags site. On Tuesday, they will tell you if there are tickets available for that week's game(s). On Wednesday AM at 9, they start taking calls. You have to keep hitting redial until you get through, and hope they still have tickets when you do.

About your chances--you should be able to get tickets to at least one game. The chances are highest for the really early November games and the games during Christmas break.

Good Luck!

ZaGranny

First off, really enjoyed your blog, with much envy I might add!

Secondly, thank you for this info as I am planning on joining too and you answered some of my questions in your post!

Psychozag
06-17-2010, 07:57 AM
If you don't have the time on Wednesday to sit by the phone, you won't get tickets. My office has a standing staff meeting at 9 am on Wednesday, so I have never gotten tickets. You can get tickets to popular games like Memphis in the Arena, but the seats are not great. But I join for the spirit of supporting the program...and you get a really cool window decal.

hondo
06-17-2010, 09:00 AM
Even if you do have time on Wednesdays your chances are slim. I usually try and usually fail after speed dialing as fast as I can for 40 minutes or so, finally get a connection only to hear that the allotment is gone. However joining the Bulldog Club is a good thing for many other reasons.

Bogozags
06-17-2010, 09:04 AM
If you don't have the time on Wednesday to sit by the phone, you won't get tickets. My office has a standing staff meeting at 9 am on Wednesday, so I have never gotten tickets. You can get tickets to popular games like Memphis in the Arena, but the seats are not great. But I join for the spirit of supporting the program...and you get a really cool window decal.

DECAL! WOW! Now that is what I'm talking about...no one ever mentioned a decal before, the joining part was ok, BUT the DECAL...that takes the deal over the top! I feel like a kid pulling out the toy in a Cracker Jax box...the popcorn and peanuts were great...and I get a toy too! Humor!

But I do like the idea of the decal...thanks.

Psychozag
06-17-2010, 11:17 AM
DECAL! WOW! Now that is what I'm talking about...no one ever mentioned a decal before, the joining part was ok, BUT the DECAL...that takes the deal over the top! I feel like a kid pulling out the toy in a Cracker Jax box...the popcorn and peanuts were great...and I get a toy too! Humor!

But I do like the idea of the decal...thanks.

Hopefully you understood the humorous intent of the decal statement. But now that I say it, decals are pretty cool....

ID ZAGFAN
06-17-2010, 11:47 AM

If I figure in the true value of the decal, ;) it brings the cost of each ticket down to about $30 apiece! :D

Also, by the way, being a member gives you an early (October?) opportunity to buy tickets to BIS, RMHC, and WCC tourney, all at face value, and you don't have to scramble for them.

ZaGranny

Lurknomore
06-17-2010, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the info. I think I might go for it....the decal makes it that much sweeter!

Bogozags
06-18-2010, 08:13 AM
Hopefully you understood the humorous intent of the decal statement. But now that I say it, decals are pretty cool....

PZ I love humor and one smile a day can get me to come back tomorrow!:D ;) :o :) I like these ...

ID ZAGFAN
07-23-2010, 10:14 AM
I tried to join the Bulldog Club using the online "give now" button and form--when I tried to select the state there was NO Idaho. :(

I called them Tuesday, then again today--they are going to fix it--discussed it in a meeting yesterday. She expects it to take a couple of days.

What's up with that? :confused:

ZaGranny

sittingon50
07-23-2010, 10:28 AM
Maybe they have some sort of agreement with NIC! ;)