PDA

View Full Version : Somebody slipped me some crack

Birddog
06-10-2010, 08:56 AM
I still think that the likes Wich St and Creighton stay in the MVC but the prospect of Gonzaga in a newly remodeled conference out west is apparently a real possibility.
I suspect that the Big 10 goes to 14 schools with Rutgers almost for sure, and either ND or Maryland as the other. The Maryland rumor is new and intriguing but makes more sense than Syracuse or Pitt. Thinks TV sets.

The Big 12 leftovers, Mizzou, Kansas, K St, Baylor, Iowa St take any or all of Cinn, Louisville, Houston, TCU, SMU, Rice, La Tech. in the E and central. This is not the best of all worlds, but the pickens are slim. There are many directional schools available, but I don't see them going that direction. Tulsa and Memphis are also possible.

In the Mtns and west there is Utah, BYU, UNM, Air Force, Colo St, and Wyo. All of those could be persuaded to join a revamped Big 12 I think. If the Big 12 got most of them, that would be another 16 team conference or 14 if BYU and Utah elected to stay west. I'm thinking the Big 12 would rather have the Utah schools than 2 in Houston, or La Tech.

That leaves some pretty good sized schools out west. UNLV, San Diego St, Fresno, Nevada, Boise St, Hawaii (a huge problem in scheduling/travel Utah St (bad football). Utah and BYU are possibles here too, but that only gets them to 8 or 9 teams. UTEP and Idaho may then become players. NM St has been mentioned, but they have one of the absolute worst football programs in the USA, that could be huge problem. Then there are all those schools in California and I'm not real sure just who plays D1 football out there.

If the MWC could get to 10 teams in football, I could see them pull a Big East and include a couple BB only schools, but besides Gonzaga, who would it be? Additionally, there is always the possibility that Wyo, Air Force, UNM and Colo St stay in the MWC. Right now, the conferences are panning for gold, lots of crap will get washed out of the sluice box.

BobZag
06-10-2010, 09:03 AM
Who woulda thunk Izzo would leave a MSU team that's bound for another FF to go coach the NBA in Cleveland? He has never struck me as a NBA guy, where the players come first and the coach is second-in-line, unless your name is Phil or Pat or Red.

CrAzY stuff, birddog.

titopoet
06-10-2010, 12:38 PM
Who woulda thunk Izzo would leave a MSU team that's bound for another FF to go coach the NBA in Cleveland? He has never struck me as a NBA guy, where the players come first and the coach is second-in-line, unless your name is Phil or Pat or Red.

CrAzY stuff, birddog.

30 million reasons. Wow.