PDA

View Full Version : NBA All Rookie Team

23dpg
05-08-2007, 01:29 PM
Six players on the first team and none of them are name Morrison. Kind of a bummer.

zaglawdad
05-08-2007, 01:51 PM
I thought he belonged on the second team. His overall stats were OK but not impressive. I think he would have had a better season under a different coach. Got to hand it to Brandon Roy though. He was the steal of the draft.

lothar98zag
05-08-2007, 02:30 PM
not surprising as of today. before the season started I would have guessed 1st team. oh well. better luck next year.

RebornZag
05-08-2007, 04:24 PM
A very disappointing season for Adam and for Adam Morrison fans. I paid quite a bit of money to watch that NBA channel. Adam NEVER fit with this team and especially THEIR COACH. I'm not saying Adam played well because he didn't, but he wasn't that bad at the beginning. He slowly lost more and more playing time until he was a regular bench warmer. to be honest I think Adam gave about 40% effort after mid season, and I was very disappointed in that....If he's not going to give it 100% maybe he needs to retire....

DrDrivel
05-08-2007, 10:29 PM
If he makes the All Rookie Team next year, that'll be one hell of an accomplishment.

soonerterp
05-09-2007, 01:17 AM
Like I've said before, maybe Charlotte was not the best situation for a rookie. That club has issues, primarily attendance issues. I'm anxious to see who they hire to replace Bernie Bickerstaff.

VaBeachZAG
05-09-2007, 04:30 AM
Just curious, what does attendance issues have to do with performance on the floor. Bottom line, Adam has a lot of work to do to become successful in the NBA. I, for one, am confident that he can do it!

lothar98zag
05-09-2007, 08:11 AM
If he makes the All Rookie Team next year, that'll be one hell of an accomplishment.
huh?

23dpg
05-09-2007, 08:16 AM
humor lothar

lothar98zag
05-09-2007, 08:19 AM
humor lothar
understood. just seems a bit random to me... http://media.scout.com/media/forums/emoticons/noidea.gif

DrDrivel
05-09-2007, 10:10 AM
You had said "oh well. better luck next year" and it struck me as funny for a second. That's not to say I didn't know what you meant.

lothar98zag
05-09-2007, 10:25 AM
You had said "oh well. better luck next year" and it struck me as funny for a second. That's not to say I didn't know what you meant.
Yeah, obviously not what I meant, but at least I get it now. I guess I'm a bit slow this morning...

soonerterp
05-09-2007, 12:01 PM
Just curious, what does attendance issues have to do with performance on the floor. Bottom line, Adam has a lot of work to do to become successful in the NBA. I, for one, am confident that he can do it!

Attendance has nothing per se to do with Morrison's performance ... but it has to be kind of a soul killer to play in a market that I've always perceived has been sour on the NBA since the Hornets (and their idiot owner) left.

Which is too bad for that organization because, besides Morrison, there are some talented kids on that team.

I'm anxious to see who will be hired as coach and see if the next one actually makes Charlotte a competitive team in that division. Miami, unless they get younger, could be on the outs; DC and Orlando are increasingly competitive; maybe Atlanta one of these days too.

DrDrivel
05-09-2007, 12:40 PM
Atlanta needs three things to be a dominant team in that division:

A savvy coach
A reliable point guard
A strength and conditioning coach

It's weird to talk about Atlanta on the cusp of becoming a good team, but they've got some excellent players. Joe Johnson is a top-10 scorer in this league and plays enough defense not to be a liability. Marvin Williams is a capable rebounder and even scorer when focused and involved. Zaza Pachulia started slowly, but the second half of last season showed he can be an across-the-board, efficient contributor. Josh Childress is long and versatile - when he gets it going, he's a scaled down version of Shawn Marion playing the same position the same way. And while Shelden Williams should never have been picked where he was and definitely shouldn't be earning $3,000,000/year, he's perhaps their best rebounder and could round out to a solid defensive presence. What do you see missing from this list of minor accolades? A point guard. Tyronn Lue? Speedy Claxton? Anthony Johnson? Which of those players would you want running a college team right now, much less an NBA franchise? If the Hawks don't win the lottery and end up with the 11th pick and somehow Mike Conley falls all the way to them, they'd be absolutely insane not to pick him.