• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BobZag
    Dark Lord of the Zag
    • Jan 2007

OT: RIP Easy Rider Dennis Hopper

Quite an actor. Saw Easy Rider way back when with a friend's family and was lectured by his parents all the way home about hippies and drugs.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."
  • MickMick
    Zag for Life
    • Apr 2007

He was a better actor than the "bad guy" roles he was often cast at. I never could figure out why he didn't climb to the level of Duvall. I really like a lot of those second tier actors...for example Willem Dafoe.

RIP Hopper. His role in "Easy Rider" was the pinnacle of his career.
    I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
      Banned
      • Feb 2007

Had the pleasure of working with him for about 7 months on this tv show called E-Ring. He was very down to earth, and despite his hippy past was a staunch conservative. lol

True story: Around Halloween his adorable granddaughter came on the stages dressed as a princess, and after her and her mother left I told Dennis that his granddaughter was soooo cute, and he responded, "That was my daughter." DOH Overall good guy. RIP

Comment

• sittingon50
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

RIP, Shooter.
        But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• VinnyZag
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Guess he's running that picket fence in the sky now.

Comment

• snebzag
            Kennel Club
            • Mar 2008

Hey, man, you don't talk to the Colonel. You listen to him. The man's enlarged my mind. He's a poet warrior in the classic sense. I mean sometimes he'll....uh... well, you'll say "Hello" to him right? And he'll just walk right by you. He won't even notice you. And suddenly he'll grab you and he'll throw you in a corner, and he'll say, "Do you know that IF is the middle word in life? If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you, if you can trust yourself when all men doubt you."....I mean I'm...no, I can't....I'm a little man, I'm a little man, he's......he's a great man! I should have been a pair of ragged claws scuttling across floors of silent seas.

Dennis Hopper-Apocalypse Now

RIP Dennis

Comment

• Once and Future Zag
              Zag for Life
              • Jan 2008

"It takes more than going down to your local video store and renting Easy Rider to become a rebel. "

Dennis Hopper as Huey Walker from Flashback
              History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

Comment

• MDABE80
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Be sure you guys get your prostate exams!! He was truly an American original. Unusual roles but he really was a good guy.

Comment

• FuManShoes
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

“We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few

Comment

Working...
                  X