• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crazy
    Kennel Club Material
    • Nov 2009

Mathis Mönninghoff

A german Newspaper, who is selled in Leverkusen reported that Mathis Mönninghoff have an offer from Gonzaga.

Leverkusen: aktuelle News, Meldungen, Kommentare und Termine aus Leverkusen und Umgebung, dazu Freizeittipps und mehr finden Sie hier bei RP Online.

Diese Planungen sehen nach RP-Informationen vor, mit einem Team ohne US-Amerikaner in der neuen zweigleisigen ProB zu starten. Ob es die Spöler-Zwillinge jedoch reizt, einzig ProB zu spielen, darf bezweifelt werden. Mathis Mönninghoff hat zudem ein Angebot aus den USA: Der Chefcoach des Teams der Gonzaga University hatte ihm beim NBBL-Viertelfinale der Giants in Berlin am 18. April einen Wechsel schmackhaft gemacht.

I will translate it in free speak, Bayer Leverkusen is heading forward to play in the ProB without american with a pure german team - but the writer doubt that the Spöler Twins(another Talents from Leverkusen, but to old for Gonzaga) would like to play there without a cooperation with a first division team(like they have with Düsseldorf last year). Also mathis Mönninghoff got an offer from the head coach of the Gonzaga university, during the NBBL Quarterfinal against Alba berlin.

This article is from today, and when they still are in serious contact i believe he would take the offer
  • kitzbuel
    • Feb 2007

Sehr interessant
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• Bogozags
      Zag for Life
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by kitzbuel View Post
      Sehr interessant
      To say the least...

Is my math off??? I count one remaining scholar(Stephen Gray) before Mathis...of course there is that possibility Elias might leave after this year, which we hope will not happen!

Maybe we get an extra scholarship, when we have seven or more "foreigners" on the team? (Humor)

Comment

• Crazy
        Kennel Club Material
        • Nov 2009

Elias won't leave this year, there is a big interview with him on spox.com where he talks about staying and some other stuff If he is healthy, he would play for Gonzaga a second year and then most probadly try his fortune in the NBA.

Edit: ok you mean the season after next season, if it's run well Elias will leave thats right. And yes Monninghoff transfer will make it difficult to get Pangos and Wiltjer, but he would be also a great player

Comment

• MickMick
          Zag for Life
          • Apr 2007

I hope Mathis Mönninghoff accepts the offer. I hope Wiltjer and Pangos accept offers as well. I also hope Elias comes back.

The scholarship situation will find a way of sorting itself out.
          I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• 810Suited
            Kennel Club Material
            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by MickMick View Post
            I hope Mathis Mönninghoff accepts the offer. I hope Wiltjer and Pangos accept offers as well. I also hope Elias comes back.

The scholarship situation will find a way of sorting itself out.
            Preach!

Comment

• kitzbuel
              • Feb 2007

According to the article, the offer was made 18 April.
              'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
              - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• Crazy
                Kennel Club Material
                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by kitzbuel View Post
                According to the article, the offer was made 18 April.
                but is still a factor, for the next season of Bayer and then it should be also a factor for Gonzaga.

Comment

• cjm720
                  Zag for Life
                  • Nov 2007

Seems like a wing player..about 6'5"...pretty decent shooting %s (FTs need a little work)...wonder how his D is. Sounds like another good recruit that very few know about.

Is this kid 2010/11 or 2011/12?
                  Go Zags!!!

Comment

• webspinnre
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

The other thing I'm curious about is if this was a situation where both Keita and he were offered, and only one taken, or if room was planned for both. Anyway, it will be interesting to see how this plays out.
                    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• CDC84
                      Super Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

If Mathis were to come to Gonzaga, it won't effect Wiltjer. Kyle would play at power forward for Gonzaga. Different player.

The staff wants Wiltjer badly.

Comment

• BobZag
                        Dark Lord of the Zag
                        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
                        If Mathis were to come to Gonzaga, it won't effect Wiltjer. Kyle would play at power forward for Gonzaga. Different player.

The staff wants Wiltjer badly.
                        Exactly. Monninghoff is also a way different player than Pangos. Getting Monninghoff has no effect on Pangos or Wiltjer. Wiltjer is a 4/3. Pangos is a 1/2. Monninghoff is a 2/3. But Monninghoff has academics to straighten out, so let's not get too excited.
                        The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• Bogozags
                          Zag for Life
                          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by BobZag View Post
                          Exactly. Monninghoff is also a way different player than Pangos. Getting Monninghoff has no effect on Pangos or Wiltjer. Wiltjer is a 4/3. Pangos is a 1/2. Monninghoff is a 2/3. But Monninghoff has academics to straighten out, so let's not get too excited.
                          BZ, if all three were to be 2011-12 recruits and they all signed, don't you think that some movement of current players would have to take place or we would have more than just Stephen and Elias leaving next year!?!?!?

Your thoughts...

Comment

• BobZag
                            Dark Lord of the Zag
                            • Jan 2007

If Monninghoff were to come, and it's not for sure by any means, Few will have one open scholie for 2010. He'd leave that scholie open and when Gray and Harris exit, Few would have three open scholies for 2011. That's without moving anyone.
                            The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

Working...
                            X